Seattle man starts using female bathroom says "the law has changed and I have a right to be here

Right...because curriculums never change, right? And colleges don't have agendas, right? Right.
Oh, that old chestnut? The one where what's being taught in universities across the Country isn't the reflection of testable science and massive amounts of studies, but actually just a huge Liberal conspiracy... And that you in all your brilliance actually have the correct information?

lol

Oh, that old chestnut? The one where what's being taught in universities across the Country isn't the reflection of testable science and massive amounts of studies, but actually just a huge Liberal conspiracy... And that you in all your brilliance actually have the correct information?

lol

Well what else can you do when you have no idea what you're talking about? I love how decades of research are easily dismissed with "well I disagree" on here. Cool... well you're wrong.

lol

You're sooooo learned and progressive bro.

lol

Well what else can you do when you have no idea what you're talking about? I love how decades of research are easily dismissed with "well I disagree" on here. Cool... well you're wrong.

Both sides regurgitate "research" they have looked at, but you are the right one.

Gotcha

Absolutely. That and pure psuedo-science... Conducted by charlatans like the guy Rip always posts videos of.

It's unreal. There is no confusion about this topic in the academic or medical community. Sex is different than gender... That's just a fact. To act as though it's not is just beyond strange.

I'm gonna start taking major league poops in girls bathrooms now.

That's for taking so long to get ready ladies. This is my revenge. Bwahahahahahah

It gets absurd really quickly if you try to cater to every variation of human desire. There are people over 7 feet tall. Should buildings be redesigned to accommodate them? I imagine they don't feel included much of the time.

There are also midgets / manlet that are 5 feet, e.g. Mighty Mouse Johnson, will they get Separate buildings too?

I hear what you're saying, but I reject this false equivalency... It's common sense. If were able to protect people's rights, we should.
So this mans "right" to use the women's locker room in order to not feel "uncomfortable" supersedes a little girls right to not be exposed to a grown man in the locker room ? What an extremely twisted way to look at it. The progressive LGBT movement is really becoming sickening. Its no longer about equality, its about forcing their lifestyle on everyone around until even previous supporters get sick of it.

Society does not have to cater to every weird subgroup that pops up.
There is no way any rational person can think its ok for a grown man to be in the womens locker room.
fuck this guys and any other trans feelings. im gonna worry about the 8 yr old girls right to not have grown men in the locker room instead of this freaks feelings. Its absolutely disgusting you would put some trans guys feelings over womens right to privacy. next time a man gets caught pulling that shit in a womens locker room he should get his ass
Kicked.

Both sides regurgitate "research" they have looked at, but you are the right one.

Gotcha
Hey if the other side has research I'll always check it out. I'm certainly not above learning something new. They typically don't offer any evidence though, just their opinion. The rare time they do have "evidence", it's normally a video with some guy that has the same opinion they do. In said video no facts are given, no sources cited, just pure opinion.

Absolutely. That and pure psuedo-science... Conducted by charlatans like the guy Rip always posts videos of.

It's unreal. There is no confusion about this topic in the academic or medical community. Sex is different than gender... That's just a fact. To act as though it's not is just beyond strange.
I love the argument well some scientists think that, about shit there's a 95%+ consensus on within the scientific community. they find the one crackpot that doesn't believe in evolution or whatever, and it's "LOOK SEE THIS DUDE IS A SCIENTIST, NOW WHAT SON". It's laughable.

Transgenders =/= gender reassignment surgery. Being trans is a result of literally being born with the wrong brain for your body.

It's highly debatable if surgery is even beneficial, or if there's anything at all that our current level of medical science can do about it.

I don't like the mental illness tag for it, because that isn't really what's going on with transgenders.

If you think you're a potato or aliens are following you everywhere, or your batman, that's mental illness.

If you identify more as a man or a woman because you literally have the brain physiology of that gender, that's a little different. It's a complex issue with no easy answers.

Could you define mental illness in such a way as to exclude transgenderism from the definition?
Also, could you point to these studies that indicate that transgenders "literally have the brain physiology of [the opposite gender]"?

I love the argument well some scientists think that, about shit there's a 95%+ consensus on within the scientific community. they find the one crackpot that doesn't believe in evolution or whatever, and it's "LOOK SEE THIS DUDE IS A SCIENTIST, NOW WHAT SON". It's laughable.
lol, I shouldn't allow it to... But it infuriates me. I was talking with someone the other day that just refused, absolutely refused to acknowledge climate change as legitimate. When I explained that the vast majority of scientists, something like 98%, are in agreement on the matter, he looked me dead in the eye and said "Well, that's not 100%, is it?"

People like this and those who refuse to acknowledge the difference between sex and gender even though the medical community and the academic community are unquestionably in agreement on the subject fascinate me, but I am also continually surprised how little patience I have with them.

I just don't understand it. If I was against an issue or didn't believe in it while it was being taught as fact with a mountain of research backing it up, I would be forced to at the very least acknowledge that fact before I made whatever feeble argument I could based on my own ignorance. But no, some people here just fucking bathe in their ignorance and bigotry, wearing it like a badge of honor and absolutely refusing to acknowledge reality like a guilty dog that just shit on the floor won't look at it's mess. It's incredible. But I also get it... Because if they were forced to accept the facts, their hateful narrative would be blown away.

Could you define mental illness in such a way as to exclude transgenderism from the definition?
Also, could you point to these studies that indicate that transgenders "literally have the brain physiology of [the opposite gender]"?

Yeah I'm not digging up the information right now tbh. I've posted this shit so many times in so many threads. It's like I'm The Only Man With Access To Google. Go look it up if your curious, it's reaaalllllly easy to do so.

As for the mental illness thing, mental illness is typically identified by brain dysfunction. Post mortem examination of the brains of transgenders have shown differences in the physical structure of their brains. Studies have shown transgenders to have brain structure more closely resembling that of the gender they identify with. That says to me, and to the scientific community, that what is going on is something biological in nature. There's a marked difference between having something wrong with your brain, and having the brain of one gender and the body of another.

lol, I shouldn't allow it to... But it infuriates me. I was talking with someone the other day that just refused, absolutely refused to acknowledge climate change as legitimate. When I explained that the vast majority of scientists, something like 98%, are in agreement on the matter, he looked me dead in the eye and said "Well, that's not 100%, is it?"

People like this and those who refuse to acknowledge the difference between sex and gender even though the medical community and the academic community are unquestionably in agreement on the subject fascinate me, but I am also continually surprised how little patience I have with them.

I just don't understand it. If I was against an issue or didn't believe in it while it was being taught as fact with a mountain of research backing it up, I would be forced to at the very least acknowledge that fact before I made whatever feeble argument I could based on my own ignorance. But no, some people here just fucking bathe in their ignorance and bigotry, wearing it like a badge of honor and absolutely refusing to acknowledge reality like a guilty dog that just shit on the floor won't look at it's mess. It's incredible. But I also get it... Because if they were forced to accept the facts, their hateful narrative would be blown away.

Well it's like people that say "well it's called the theory of evolution, so like, they don't really KNOW right". Jesus fucking christ no, no it is not like that. A dude's theory and a scientific theory are not remotely the same thing.

The thing that really gets me is the way I was raised was super dumb. I started out with all these same opinions on most of these things. then I grew up, looked into it, and realized I was completely full of shit. So I changed my views on a lot of things. It really isn't that difficult. I was pretty creeped out the first time I met a trans person, but you know in the Seattle area they/re everywhere. So eventually I looked into it, and it turns out yeah, it's been researched for literally generations now and is a real thing, well I stopped being creeped out about it. Because someone else dealing with something like that, probably isn't all about me. Turns out everything in life doesn't revolve around whether or not I'm comfortable. Who would have thunk it?

I see your Florida, and raise you Seattle.

I see your Florida, and raise you Seattle.
Seattle fucking rocks. It's a bit smell your own farty, sure, but I'll take it for social progress mang. Also what's up dawg.

Yeah I'm not digging up the information right now tbh. I've posted this shit so many times in so many threads. It's like I'm The Only Man With Access To Google. Go look it up if your curious, it's reaaalllllly easy to do so.

Condescension rather than content? Really?
I did use Google, now and many times before, and that's why I asked for your sources, because there is nothing that supports your claim that transgenders have literally the same brain as those of the opposite sex from them. Their brain physiology is different from normal, and it resembles that of the opposite sex in some ways, but no, transgenders are not born with someone else's brain.
Anorexics and bulimics also have a different brain physiology; should we build separate bathrooms for them so that they have somewhere to puke without feeling judged?

As for the mental illness thing, mental illness is typically identified by brain dysfunction. Post mortem examination of the brains of transgenders have shown differences in the physical structure of their brains. Studies have shown transgenders to have brain structure more closely resembling that of the gender they identify with.

Mental illness is often charactarized by a different brain physiology. Do you not know that? Depression is considered a mental illness, but scientists have begun mapping the physiology associated with it. Schizophrenia and bi-polar are considered mental diseases, and they have biological markers.

That says to me, and to the scientific community, that what is going on is something biological in nature. There's a marked difference between having something wrong with your brain, and having the brain of one gender and the body of another.

Yeah, it says the same thing to you and to the scientific community, but your conclusion is just wrong. If you have a pseudo-female brain in a male body, then yes, there is something wrong with your brain.

Back