Seating at a football game, does it matter? (Need help)

YPMG

Patriot Nation
@purple
Reaction score
So I posted this in the sports bar but have not received a response and time is of the essence - thought I would ask my fellow Berrians just in case.

Looking at getting tickets to the Pats game this weekend as I'm in Boston but, as to be expected, the seating isn't the greatest (300's and 200's) because its the playoffs. I'm pretty keen to go as I'm Australian and this is my only chance to see a football game but is it still worth going if I get these seats?

I've heard American football is worth it just for atmosphere alone but would like to hear some first hand views before purchasing a ticket - only reason being I would hate to waste my money.

I know this may get wastelanded but would appreciate some help before it does. Thanks in advance peeps!

I've sat in the nosebleeds at Gillette, it's still a great experience (and it's gonna be like, 60 on Sunday), but you'll be far from the field. That's not always such a bad thing with football, but it's a huge building and those seats could be a long way from the action. Also, it's kind of a bitch to get down to Foxborough on gameday, fyi.

Thanks man for the input man, do you think it's worth it though? Also, how much of a bitch are we talking? Guy at my hotel said there's a Patriot express bus/train or something?

Thanks man for the input man, do you think it's worth it though? Also, how much of a bitch are we talking? Guy at my hotel said there's a Patriot express bus/train or something?

I think it will be a great time, playoff game, nice weather in January, it should be a lot of fun. There is a train that leaves out of South Station and departs like 15 minutes after the game ends. The train will get you there and back, it just takes a while because the track past Mansfield is bad so the train moves at a crawl. It's a real pain in the ass when you've been pounding watery beers for 3 hours and you need to piss like crazy. Probably an hour and a half each way.

Maybe I cut back on the beers then - I've found a side ticket in 106 for $275, worth it or just pay the $175 to sit I'm the 300's and drink more?

I had season tickets to Kentucky football for about eight years and have been to numerous college and pro football games.

IMO it's really awesome to sit up high and be able to see the action as it unfolds. I've sat everywhere in multiple stadiums and I've always enjoyed the game the most from the upper deck.

The first row of the upper deck would be my first choice but it's great even from the top row IMO.

I had season tickets to Kentucky football for about eight years and have been to numerous college and pro football games.

IMO it's really awesome to sit up high and be able to see the action as it unfolds. I've sat everywhere in multiple stadiums and I've always enjoyed the game the most from the upper deck.

The first row of the upper deck would be my first choice but it's great even from the top row IMO.

Thanks for the input man - so go with the cheaper one then? I can get row 7 which is pretty close to the field for $275?

Thanks for the input man - so go with the cheaper one then? I can get row 7 which is pretty close to the field for $275?

Depends on the yardline. Like the other guy said, an upper level, front row between the thirties is prime for seeing all the action.

If you're back in the states in the fall, I highly suggest checking out a college game; completely different atmosphere.

I never been to a Football game outside of high school and I'm not sure if I want to ever go. My father told me how he used to go Jets games when they played at Shea stadium and he said he froze his ass off in the dead of winter and hated the experience

Depends on the yardline. Like the other guy said, an upper level, front row between the thirties is prime for seeing all the action.

If you're back in the states in the fall, I highly suggest checking out a college game; completely different atmosphere.

I can get mid-310 which is the area you're talking about for $210. I'd love to see a college game but alas I won't be back for another year minimum :( I've got football fever and a love for America though - this place is truly awesome! I'm even thinking of looking for work here....

I can get mid-310 which is the area you're talking about for $210. I'd love to see a college game but alas I won't be back for another year minimum :( I've got football fever and a love for America though - this place is truly awesome! I'm even thinking of looking for work here....

You certainly picked a good city, I really miss living in Boston. My best advice would be to tailgate but it sounds like you're taking a train in. If possible I'd still try to make it at least an hour before game time. There are a few nice restaurants in Patriot Place where you can grab some reasonably priced beers and delicious food before entering the stadium. From my personal experience attending any playoff game in Boston is worth the ticket price and you'll find the rowdiest crowds in the more affordable sections.

I was just in Foxboro for the Patriots game two Sundays ago. From Montreal, btw.

We sat in the 300's, and it was just fine. It was a freezing cold day though, probably about -20C with the wind chill, so it was pretty brutal with the wind howling around near the top of the stadium. It looks like it won't be half as bad this weekend.

As far as sightlines, I think you should be good anywhere in the 300's because the seating is very steep, so your view is certainly not obscured anywhere.

For transport, we stayed in Norwood and found a cab service that drove us and picked us up (at the McDonalds about 20 min walk from the parking lot) and it was fantastic. I'm not sure you'll have that option if you're staying in Boston which is about 45 minutes driving from Foxboro. Otherwise, if you're driving, route 1 will be congested all the way there, so plan for that.

For tailgaiting, the parking lot is open 4hrs before game time. I would suggest getting there 2-3 hours before the game. Bring some sausages or some kind of meat and beer, and find some friendly locals who'll let you use their grill.

Be advised, the stadium stops serving beer about halfway through the 3rd quarter.

I would go with the 300's. We used to sit in the front row at UK for years and although it was hilarious talking to the other team (Al Wilson and Kevin Faulk were complete a-holes) it was really hard to see the action.

I'm sure row 7 would be really fun but I don't think you would enjoy the *game* as much down there. Hope this helps and hope you have a blast.

Thank you everyone for your input! I ended up purchasing the row 7 seat purely because as I went to check for the mid 300's the tickets on the Pats side disappeared :(. Judging from what everyone is saying though I couldn't have gone wrong with any tickets! Looking forward to my first Football game - lets go Pats!

BTW, I just wanted to put it out there that I really love this country. Whether I'm in the street or on the forums you guys are just all so damn nice and friendly!

Clicked on this thread.

Pats fan.

*Reports post*

it is worth going to a game because it is your first time. bring money so you dont have to worry about coming up short.

Boston is a great city and the game should be good.

in general i would say watch the games from home with the wife serving all sorts of food. but this is certainly a good idea for you. a great first game to go to.

<-------------miami fan

Back