Seated shoulder press vs military press

They’re both dips that work your triceps?

The bench ones are just easier.
Yeah but you can cheat and lean forward on the bar dips, supposedly activating more chest whereas you're forced to be upright with the bench ones. Only way to load those is to have a training partner tho.

Yeah but you can cheat and lean forward on the bar dips, supposedly activating more chest whereas you're forced to be upright with the bench ones. Only way to load those is to have a training partner tho.

I’m aware of how that works. But thanks for explaining. And it’s not really that big of a difference, if relevant at all. You’re going to use your pecs to a certain degree anyway. You can only lean forward so far and your triceps still need to extend your elbow to lock the rep out.

Your torso may be more upright, but they’re also much easier due to the lessened loading.

If you can perform regular dips, there is absolutely no reason to do the easier ones with the bench.

I’m aware of that lol. But thanks for explaining.

Your torso may be more upright, but they’re also much easier due to the lessened loading.

If you can perform regular dips, there is absolutely no reason to do the easier ones with the bench.
But muh triceps.

You can still more targeted hamstring work. It’s never a bad thing.

Also, what is the difference between dips and tricep dips?
So which exercise should i perform instead triceps dips? ( to consider my other triceps routine).

Back