search function

bunzo**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Whats going on? Is the search function disabled, or is it just my account?

It is disabled. I dont know what that would accomplish.

They will disable it when they think there will be alot of traffic. Since UFC nights ussualy bring alot of traffic for a few days, I am sure that is why they shut it down.

All the searching slows the server down.

THis is all just a guess though

Since the surge in traffic has basically died out it would be nice to have the search function re-enabled.

Conrad said:
They will disable it when they think there will be alot of traffic. Since UFC nights ussualy bring alot of traffic for a few days, I am sure that is why they shut it down.

THis is all just a guess though

and the damn "me and mah boys up in jersey" thread has 650 views currently yesterday it was around 800

Correct.

and the damn "me and mah boys up in jersey" thread has 650 views currently yesterday it was around 800

Also correct. When things return to normal the search function will be restored. But it was crippling server movement for a time.

I need it so I don't ask stupid questions and get the flame.

King Kabuki said:
Correct.

Also correct. When things return to normal the search function will be restored. But it was crippling server movement for a time.

Very well then, why not remove the NJ boy picture thread?
This is an MMA site.

bunzo said:
This is an MMA site.
Sherdog is also a business and something that can attract traffic like that are what alot of marketing/advertising peeps are going to college for years for...

This is an MMA site.

Because it has made Internet History. It'll probably be locked soon enough though, but we'll see. The Nos thread was never locked and it died out eventually as well.

Can the admins make it to where the Plat. members can still search?

King Kabuki said:
Because it has made Internet History. It'll probably be locked soon enough though, but we'll see. The Nos thread was never locked and it died out eventually as well.

Yeah, your right. The thing is making "history", it is all over the place. I say keep it unlocked, its good exposure for the Sherdog website.

Back