Seano was right all along, GGG is MUCH bigger than Brook!

Who has Kell been in with thats put his chin through it?

Honestly asking. Im not familiar with most of his opponents.

Not much to be honest. His chin seems solid but that's a whole different story when you're moving up and taking on the biggest puncher at Middleweight. I saw an interview with RJJ the other day and he was kind of scratching his head too and said we don't know how much damage he can absorb, so it's still very much a question mark. What I do know is that Golovkin has the cardio, work rate and the debilitating shots and the selection on them to take out virtually any man across from him over 12 rounds, especially a smaller guy. His punching mechanics coupled with his heavy handedness, timing, ring cutting and killer instinct aren't allowing the guys he's facing in his division to survive the onslaught.

You'd have to go back a ways (years) to find someone that can actually crack hard with decent skills on his record and see what they could do with him (Porter is his best win but Porter's KO percentage isn't high). That's what I'm gonna do today, to try and get some sort of idea. I haven't followed Kell much but I do know he can take a shot (better than Khan for sure). But that's like saying you can box real well and then they put you in with Ward and you don't look so hot, suddenly.

Kell could have a granite chin and it may still not matter because of Golovkin's brutal body punching, especially that left hook to the liver. One good one and it could be a wrap.

Edit. Karl David, a Polish guy, hit him with a clean shot back in 2007 that knocked him down because his glove touched the canvas but it was for just a split second and he recovered immediately. This was a long time ago and the guy's KO percentage was less than 30% at the time. This is the only time I've ever seen Brook "down".

Last edited:
"I hate that Seano guy and all of the attention he gets. All these posts and threads about him will really get that point across."

Hardly anyone has put Brook's chin through it,m partly due to cautious match-making & partly due to long periods where his career sat in the doldrums.

He used to get shite in some sections of the UK (but not in his hometown, who used to cheer for Johnny fucking Nelson they're that vociferous about hometown fighters) before he beat Hatton's brother because of his snail-like progress: his biggest fight before that was with protected domestic-level former Cotto victim Michael Jennings, & that was built up as a 50-50 fight simply 'cos Brook had fought no-one of note in the half-dozen years before & no-one genuinely knew how good he was.

That fight was six years ago, FYI.

Carson Jones was probably the most dangerous opponent (& certainly best puncher) Brook faced before fighting Porter (I know Shawn ain't much of a hitter but compared to the rest of the fighters Brook's faced he's fucking Earnie Shavers with hair).

Brook looked much better in the second Jones fight, FWIW, when he was allowed to come in at light-middle--for the first fight he faded really badly late on & got battered in the closing rounds, & his team blamed nebulous weight-making difficulties which then seemed to disappear after he'd disposed of Jones.

Porter aside, Brook's record & career trajectory resembles that of Junior Witter IMO, another Brendan Ingle-stable fighter who seemed to waste vast swathes of his career sitting tight for one "local grudge fight" that was never gonna come because his domestic rival didn't need him & he wasn't quite good enough to beat all-comers worldwide & thus actually get the public clamouring for a fight.

Of course, Witter never moved up to light-middle & tried to take on Vernon Forrest. But, y'know.

Point stands: Brook has faced zero serious world-level punchers, ever.
Not much to be honest. His chin seems solid but that's a whole different story when you're moving up and taking on the biggest puncher at Middleweight. I saw an interview with RJJ the other day and he was kind of scratching his head too and said we don't know how much damage he can absorb, so it's still very much a question mark. What I do know is that Golovkin has the cardio, work rate and the debilitating shots and the selection on them to take out virtually any man across from him over 12 rounds, especially a smaller guy. His punching mechanics coupled with his heavy handedness, timing, ring cutting and killer instinct aren't allowing the guys he's facing in his division to survive the onslaught.

You'd have to go back a ways (years) to find someone that can actually crack hard with decent skills on his record and see what they could do with him (Porter is his best win but Porter's KO percentage isn't high). That's what I'm gonna do today, to try and get some sort of idea. I haven't followed Kell much but I do know he can take a shot (better than Khan for sure). But that's like saying you can box real well and then they put you in with Ward and you don't look so hot, suddenly.

Kell could have a granite chin and it may still not matter because of Golovkin's brutal body punching, especially that left hook to the liver. One good one and it could be a wrap.

Edit. Karl David, a Polish guy, hit him with a clean shot back in 2007 that knocked him down because his glove touched the canvas but it was for just a split second and he recovered immediately. This was a long time ago and the guy's KO percentage was less than 30% at the time. This is the only time I've ever seen Brook "down".
Thanks. Didnt think it had really been put on display but wanted to take a look at some fights if I was missing some.

I agree though, even if his chin was top notch its still a crazy tall task to withstand a killer in higher divisions.

this looks shopped, i can tell by the pixels.

People keep talking about the size difference. Its not the size (well its that too but that's not the most important factor). Its the fact that Brook has never fought at that weight before. Once your used to competing at a certain weight against opponents at a certain weight its a shock to the body when you move up especially when your facing an opponent with the power of GGG.

Ha ha great shop job, saw this the other day, think Eddie himself might have tweeted it.
As for the fight, it's marginally better than Khan-Canelo, but the outcome will be the same. The real question needs to be why the two guys stepping up in weight for inevitable beat downs, don't just face each other?

"GGG when you're done with the child's play, I'm ready & waiting to take those belts off you in a REAL fight.

"Oh & I'm in the same weight class as you so it will be fair ‪#‎Fraud ‪#‎SayNoToBullying."

Eubanks is a joke. Got scared shitless the day he was supposed to sign the contract and pulled out then someone with balls that are probably bigger then they should be signed the same exact contract and now Eubanks is talking tough again.

It's not all about size. If you think GGG Vs Brook is as much of a missmatch as Canelo vs Khan then you simply think GGG is unbeatable at this point.

Khan had no chance not just against Canelo but against any big puncher at that point in his carreer. Khan is pretty much done and the fight against Canelo was a good payday because he knows the Maywather fight escaped already. And Canelo does not look as invincible as goolovkin does, he has been badly hurt before, has had close decisions and of course, already lost once.

If you really think Brook is the equivalent of Khan in this equation then you are seriously overestimating Khan's ability at this point in his life.

Brook is a monster that thinks he can win (he wont but he thinks he can) while Khan knew he couldn't.

It's not all about size. If you think GGG Vs Brook is as much of a missmatch as Canelo vs Khan then you simply think GGG is unbeatable at this point.

Khan had no chance not just against Canelo but against any big puncher at that point in his carreer. Khan is pretty much done and the fight against Canelo was a good payday because he knows the Maywather fight escaped already. And Canelo does not look as invincible as goolovkin does, he has been badly hurt before, has had close decisions and of course, already lost once.

If you really think Brook is the equivalent of Khan in this equation then you are seriously overestimating Khan's ability at this point in his life.

Brook is a monster that thinks he can win (he wont but he thinks he can) while Khan knew he couldn't.
Who has Brook been in with? We know who/what Khan is because we've seen Khan in with actual competition. Cant say the same for Brook can you?

Question for you, who would pick between Khan/Porter?

Canelo has not looked unbeatable of course, but hes also been in with top competition. Youll notice that most fighters dont look invincible when theyre in with other high level fighters. The important part is winning, which he has done.

I guess youd be more impressed if he looked invincible with low level competition. Well, the truth of the matter is he has done that also.

Personally I think Porter would thrash Khan.

I dont think Porter is on another level or anything i just think he's a bit more primed and is a bad style. I think he'd do a nastier version of what Peterson was doing to Khan and he'd be too physical to keep away.

In terms of natural god given body weight, Golovkin has a solid 10 pounds on him.

Brook sucked down to 147 for a long ass time now he is on full feed

I dont think Porter is on another level or anything i just think he's a bit more primed and is a bad style. I think he'd do a nastier version of what Peterson was doing to Khan and he'd be too physical to keep away.
I dont think Porter is as good as Peterson, and he doesnt have the size of Peterson either.

Porter may crack him a few times but Im not sold he can put Khan down. Would take Khan with a UD there.

Back