Seano was right all along, GGG is MUCH bigger than Brook!

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by 1mic, Aug 1, 2016.

1. 1mic

1mic Orange Belt

[​IMG]

LOL

Seano still aint right about the size difference between GGG/Brook and Canelo/Khan though!

GGG comes in at 17x, while Canelo stopped doing fight night weigh ins! Khan (during their fight), Roach (during Cotto fight) both say Canelo was at least 180lbs. And Canelo fights at 155!
    Khan on the other hand is not as big as Brook. Point stands, GGG v Brook is closer to size than Canelo v Khan.
    Never mind the KO losses Khan took at the lighter weights. lol

ryun253 and Kovalev's "Man Bag" like this.
  2. Strange King

Strange King Strange Music

I seen that earlier. Hella funny. This fight is a waste of everyone's time

3. cocksure

cocksure Silver Belt

Its a far better fight than Khan/Canelo, anyone arguing otherwise is just spoiling for row.

Athenry04 likes this.
  4. Marc A

Marc A Being broke is being dishonest

Lol Looks amor right .

He has that speed

5. KingOfTheDojo

KingOfTheDojo Bangkok Ready

Pretty good shop.

Here are the originals.

I'm a big fan of GGG but this is an obvious mismatch.

Cheese likes this.
  6. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Dont think Brook has been in with enough talent yet to make that determination.

Edit: Just to clarify, he passes the eye test imo. But lot of guys have failed to live up to expectation as well. Khan at least has been in with several big dogs.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  7. farfan

farfan Brown Belt

I think both fights are shit, but it's funny how everybody and their mother were sure Brook would wreck Amir Khan ... Now ? turns out they just can't tell who's better .

DaveDave likes this.
  8. stuff jones

stuff jones Brown Belt

I think its better too, but that's a pretty low bar so its not saying much. It's also a really bad look for GGG.

9. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

For future reference, middleweights are often bigger than welterweights.

HHJ, copyandpasteguy and DeJulez like this.
  10. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

At first I thought it was shitty fight but now that you just compared it to Canelo vs Khan, I'm starting to think that this is the fight that boxing was made for. It is actually a great fight because of Canelo vs Khan!

11. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

I think the size difference between Canelo and Khan, and the size difference between GGG and Brook, are both overstated. Of course GGG and Canelo are bigger, but none of these guys are not that drastically different in size.

I don't see a physical mismatch in those pictures above. One guy is bigger, but there is nothing ridiculous going on there.

I said the same thing about Canelo and Khan.

[​IMG]

Oh the humanity.

chiefwiggum and KillerIsBack V2 like this.
  12. stuff jones

stuff jones Brown Belt

Weight is weight though regardless of how it looks and Canelo fights in the 170s whereas Khan was just recently a jr welter. Also, chin is chin.

13. nac386

nac386 Gold Belt

I know, and weight does matter, in general. But not always.

Why did Khan lose to Canelo? It wasn't a weight issue, it was a lack of concentration and weak chin issue, the same thing that hurt him at lower weights.

He was big enough to beat Canelo. A lot of people had him sweeping the fight. I specifically remember Shawn Porter, Paulie Malignaggi, and Freddie Roach all having Khan up like 6-0. Size obviously was not an issue that was preventing him from winning that fight.

How important size is, really depends on your fighting style.

14. Noctilux

Noctilux Brown Belt

Or Canelo/Smith.

15. Kovalev's "Man Bag"

Kovalev's "Man Bag" I don't do titles

Compare the observable frame and weight difference on fight night between GGG & Brook vs Canelo & Khan. Khan is very narrow shouldered and small framed compared to Canelo and it really showed fight night when Canelo blew up. This isn't the case with Brook. Kell is a natural Jr. Middleweight frame-wise and as you can see he lacks no muscle.

You know who else claims they're a natural Jr. Middleweight? Canelo. Still a mismatch but at least Kell has a chin, not that it will matter against Golovkin in the end.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  16. Cheese

Cheese Banned Banned

17. KillerIsBack V2

KillerIsBack V2 Black Belt

hmm, K's biceps and delts are obviously bigger than G's tho..

18. ProBoxingInsidr

ProBoxingInsidr Banned Banned

19. PUO3

PUO3 You are a can. Staff Member Senior Moderator

Who has Kell been in with thats put his chin through it?

Honestly asking. Im not familiar with most of his opponents.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  20. DaveDave

DaveDave Blue Belt

Hardly anyone has put Brook's chin through it,m partly due to cautious match-making & partly due to long periods where his career sat in the doldrums.

He used to get shite in some sections of the UK (but not in his hometown, who used to cheer for Johnny fucking Nelson they're that vociferous about hometown fighters) before he beat Hatton's brother because of his snail-like progress: his biggest fight before that was with protected domestic-level former Cotto victim Michael Jennings, & that was built up as a 50-50 fight simply 'cos Brook had fought no-one of note in the half-dozen years before & no-one genuinely knew how good he was.

That fight was six years ago, FYI.

Carson Jones was probably the most dangerous opponent (& certainly best puncher) Brook faced before fighting Porter (I know Shawn ain't much of a hitter but compared to the rest of the fighters Brook's faced he's fucking Earnie Shavers with hair).

Brook looked much better in the second Jones fight, FWIW, when he was allowed to come in at light-middle--for the first fight he faded really badly late on & got battered in the closing rounds, & his team blamed nebulous weight-making difficulties which then seemed to disappear after he'd disposed of Jones.

Porter aside, Brook's record & career trajectory resembles that of Junior Witter IMO, another Brendan Ingle-stable fighter who seemed to waste vast swathes of his career sitting tight for one "local grudge fight" that was never gonna come because his domestic rival didn't need him & he wasn't quite good enough to beat all-comers worldwide & thus actually get the public clamouring for a fight.

Of course, Witter never moved up to light-middle & tried to take on Vernon Forrest. But, y'know.

Point stands: Brook has faced zero serious world-level punchers, ever.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Sebbe likes this.