Sean Strickland on "good wars" with Khamzat Chimaev

Unheralded Truth

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
“He was in town for a few weeks, man. He was fun. We had good fucking wars. He’s the kind of guy that, as far as a training partner goes, he fits the bill for me. He doesn’t stop, he trains fucking hard!
He’s another guy if you’re fighting him, it has to be to the death... You can’t go in there thinking ‘I’m going to point fight you and win’. Like no, you have to go in there saying ‘one of us is going to die’. If you don’t have that mindset, he’s going to fucking steamroll you!”

Really don't understand how strickland doesn't have a bigger following on here.
He will eventually. He is a good fighter and has been in the UFC for a long time. Finally has a main event. It’s only a matter of time before he blows up.

Really don't understand how strickland doesn't have a bigger following on here.
His last couple fights where exciting and he has a weird style plus all the in cage trash talk , I must admit he's kinda exciting . But like someone else said he's only been vocal recently and he's definitely a journeymen personified . Anyways I hope Khamzats gym wars arent too extreme and frequent . Would hate to see him start to decline while he's still young , I'm looking at you Micheal Johnson .

I never seen him fight. Don’t know anything about him other than his name. What’s his story! What’s makes him special??
You've never seen him fight ?Lmao I always knew you didn't watch much MMA. Anyways its mainly because he boxes, can swing pretty hard, has a clean jab , and like Kevin Holland talks shit mid fight .

Bisping would have a meltdown, lol. He and Sean really dislike each other from what I understand.

Funny thing is, both still train with Parillo, as does Rockhold (sometimes)! The dynamic in that gym must be tense or just odd. I couldn't imagine training in a setup like that.

I do think Mike has come around a bit on Sean, but I could be wrong. A 'bit' being the key word.

I never seen him fight. Don’t know anything about him other than his name. What’s his story! What’s makes him special??
Really?

he’s been here for a while and fought quite a lot. He used to have long hair and fight at 170.

Not trying to bash you at all but how often do you watch fights and when did you start following mma? I’m always surprised when someone with as many posts on the forum doesn’t know about well established guys.

Unfortunately he looks like a Create A Fighter and his card placement has been bad as well as he has been out for long stretches.
This basically sums it up. He does have that “Fighter B” look to him, and he’s pretty much only been on Fight Nights..
In his defence, he really only missed that 2018-2020 period. That also explains why the “Khabib patrol” hasn’t heard of him..

He keeps getting better. His boxing is really clean with straight punches and not much wasted on loading up. What worries me is that he loves to pressure fighters but never moves his head off the center line. He'll just move his head backwards, and that's gonna catch up to him eventually.

You've never seen him fight ?Lmao I always knew you didn't watch much MMA. Anyways its mainly because he boxes, can swing pretty hard, has a clean jab , and like Kevin Holland talks shit mid fight .

Really?

he’s been here for a while and fought quite a lot. He used to have long hair and fight at 170.

Not trying to bash you at all but how often do you watch fights and when did you start following mma? I’m always surprised when someone with as many posts on the forum doesn’t know about well established guys.

The dude has 13 UFC fights. How can you have managed to not see him?

Looked him up. Apparently I have seen him. I just don't remember him at all. Guess he doesn't stand out to me. Maybe that's his problem, he doesn't leave an impression.

<Fedor23>

Back