Sean Spencer got robbed. UFC Fight Night :

I thought Pendred won 29-28.

Spencer had a great flurry at the end of the first round but the rest of the time he didn't land much at all.
Pendred took him down in every single round and almost finished him at the end of round 2.

I think some people may be swayed by Joe Rogan here, who from the very second of round 2 spent the entire fight acting like Spencer was showing real skill and was dominating the fight when he clearly wasn't.

Pendred looked like he was in slow motion half the time but it's nonsense that Spencer was robbed.

What... are you "Irish"?
Total strikes in rounds 2 and 3 were very close. Fight Metric has Rd 2 Pendred 20 to Spencers 21, and Rd 3 Pendred 19 to Spencer 16.
Spencer outlanded Pendred in head strikes in both rounds though. 15 to 11 and 13 to 7. Not only that but they were cleaner, faster strikes.
I can see you making an argument for Pendred in Rd 2 based on the takedown, positional dominance and submission attempt, but he achieved nothing with the momentary takedown in Rd 3.

What does my nationality have to do with anything? No, I'm not Irish.

I called it as I saw it. Spencer easily won the first round, though there was an illegal knee. Ref didn't see it, too bad for Pendred. He nearly forgot the first rule about fighting. Protect yourself at all times.

2nd round was Pendred's easy.

3rd round was closer for sure, but the those terrible uppercuts found their mark, his kicking and the last takedown secured him this round. Spencer did nothing in this round.

Last edited:
That was utter bullshit. Those shitty judges have no business judging MMA fights, they obviously have no fucking idea how it's done.

I agree about the Joe Rogan comment.

Spencer was trying to land only that big haymaker after he connected the first 3 rounds. I think he maybe landed 1 or 2 for the rest of the fight and neither were fully connected.

Though I will agree, anyone scoring that fight 30/27 has no business judging.

Like others have said the part that makes this insane is the 2 30-27's

How could that not be fixed, unless the judges were the drunkest people in the arena

I agree about the Joe Rogan comment.

Spencer was trying to land only that big haymaker after he connected the first 3 rounds. I think he maybe landed 1 or 2 for the rest of the fight and neither were fully connected.

It got to the point where Rogan's commentary was infuriating.
Pendred caught him with various kicks, took him down in every round and almost finished with a submission.
The way Rogan was going on you'd think Spencer was super dominant.

So many complaints from viewers. So little complaining from Spencer.

He wasn't surprised he lost and he was so unmotivated. He was pissing around in the octagon, esp. Rnd. 3!

I predicted Spencer would win, via better movement and far superior striking, and wasn't far off. Pendred is one lucky son of a gun, his striking is appalling and he won that fight based on 2-3 takedowns. Bullshit. He got lit up.

The 30-27 scores are the most concerning. I've been saying for years that the biggest problem this sport has is the judging. There are so many terrible scores/decisions. What really annoys me is when there's a brutally bad score from a judge but people say things like, "It's not a big deal, the right guy got the win." But it is a big deal, because these same incompetent fucks end up doing important/close fights and have a major affect on fighter's careers/legacies.

[YT]S-TBzFOSqGE[/YT]

luck of the irish..... + some BS judging!!

This guy isn't even on McGreggor's level. Why would you dedicate a post about him?

Haven't read the whole thread but I actually scored the fight for Pendred but I was expecting I was probably in the minority, given the commentary by Rogan and Goldberg.

I thought the first round was really tough to score because Pendred was in control most of the round and got a takedown but Spencer did by far the most damage in the short time he had the advantage. I gave it to Spencer, but almost gave it to Pendred.

Round 2 was similar. Spencer didn't do much but did rock him with a hard punch with about a minute left. But Pendred recovered and got another takedown and ended the round with a submission attempt. I wrote
Pendred gets the takedown. Right into side control and going for a Kimura. It's fairly tight. Spencer fights out. Pendred could've stolen the round. It was really close
and gave the round to Pendred.

Round 3 neither guy did anything the first half of the round. Pendred got a takedown. Spencer may have been slightly more effective standing but didn't do any damage. I gave it to Pendred.

Now when the scores were read and Buffer had two cards at 30-27, I was convinced that I was wrong and Spencer had won. But when I went back and read what I wrote, I could've easily seen myself giving Pendred 30-27. I think the commentary really swayed viewers opinions on that one and I'd be interested to see how reporters at cageside who couldn't hear the commentary scored it.

Sean Spencer says he's getting paid show, win money following controversial decision loss

Despite a controversial decision loss to Cathal Pendred at this past Sunday’s UFC Fight Night 59, Sean Spencer will be getting his show and win money.

The UFC welterweight today told MMAjunkie Radio that the promotion approved the pay bump on Tuesday, two days after judges unanimously ruled him the loser of a three-round fight he appeared to be dominating.

“(UFC President) Dana (White) has been real supportive with this whole thing,” Spencer wrote via text message following his interview.

A UFC official confirmed Spencer (12-4 MMA, 3-3 UFC) was paid his full purse, which, according to disclosed payrolls, is $28,000. Pendred (16-2-1 MMA, 3-0 UFC), meanwhile, took home a disclosed $16,000.

Two judges, Eric Colon and Doug Crosby, awarded Pendred all three rounds of the fight, giving him a 30-27 victory, while the third, David Ginsberg, issued a 29-28 score, awarding Pendred Rounds 2 and 3 and Spencer the opening frame.

The judges were hired by the Massachusetts State Athletic Commission, which oversaw UFC Fight Night 59 at Boston’s TD Garden. The event’s main card aired live on FOX Sports 1 while the prelims, including Pendred vs. Spencer, aired live on FOX Sports 1 and streamed on UFC Fight Pass.

Spencer knocked Pendred to the mat with a punch in the first round, which likely won him the frame on Ginsberg’s scorecard. But he also dominated the remaining portions of the fight, repeatedly hitting Pendred with a right hand. Despite giving up several takedowns, Spencer minimized the damage done, avoiding a submission attempt in the second.

After the fight, White and UFC commentator Joe Rogan panned the decision on camera.

Read more:http://mmajunkie.com/2015/01/sean-s...n-money-following-controversial-decision-loss

To keep in mind:

B7rqbzzIIAEmtG6.jpg

So... ONE judge gave ONE round to Spencer and all the other scores were for Pendred? No way in hell they scored that based on the fight. They knew the winner before imo.

Back