Sean O'Malley is fighting Thomas Almedia?

It's funny seeing you guys try to spin his winning a fight on a badly broken foot as some kind of negative. 99.99% of people will never pull off anything that gutsy as long as they live.

This is the fight business. I can only compare him to his peers, not chubby Sherdoggers like me.

And compared to his peers, O'Malley has questionable durability and heart AT BEST. He is a front runner.

This is the fight business. I can only compare him to his peers, not chubby Sherdoggers like me.

And compared to his peers, O'Malley has questionable durability and heart AT BEST. He is a front runner.
A guy that won a fight on a *badly* broken foot (was little crying out in pain after the fight) hopping around on his one good foot, has questionable heart? That's a ridiculously stupid stance to take.

Yes, he has questionable durability. We'll see how that turns out. Both injuries (unrelated) were pretty flukey, we'll see how he holds up going forward. Getting a dedicated Muay Thai coach will likely help.

Why is it that every time Sean suffers some kind of setback -- whether it's a loss or a broken foot -- it's inherently "flukey" in nature?

As much of a doofus as O'Malley is, it's too soon to call him a failed prospect entirely, since he only lost once. He needs multiple defeats like Almeida or Sherdog's favorite Erick Silva. Almeida is gonna get crushed though.

Back