Sean Astin acted the hell out of this scene

tenor.gif

It's crazy how much they all put their heart and soul into those movies. In the way felt like the end of an era. I don't think people are that dedicated to the craft nowadays, it's more about social media followers.

It's crazy how much they all put their heart and soul into those movies. In the way felt like the end of an era. I don't think people are that dedicated to the craft nowadays, it's more about social media followers.

Thanks for sharing @TapSnapBreak you're not alone in the trilogy changing lives.

Sam has maybe the best scenes because they always punctuate the end of each of the three films. This one gets me everytime. Sam went through hell to help destroy the ring and even came back after Frodo turned on him. He never got corrupted and fought tooth and nail for the sake of his friends and yet here, at the end of all things, accepting that death was upon them he finally lets out a wish he wanted for himself. It's such a cathartic moment.

Fuck this lotr shit Sean Astin is and will always be Rudy.

Great scene. Astin really contributes a lot to those movies.

Thanks for sharing @TapSnapBreak you're not alone in the trilogy changing lives.

Sam has maybe the best scenes because they always punctuate the end of each of the three films. This one gets me everytime. Sam went through hell to help destroy the ring and even came back after Frodo turned on him. He never got corrupted and fought tooth and nail for the sake of his friends and yet here, at the end of all things, accepting that death was upon them he finally lets out a wish he wanted for himself. It's such a cathartic moment.

My favorite part of the entire LOTR story is when, at the very very end, after he's lived a whole happy life, has his kids and grandkids n whatnot, and his wife is gone.... Sam gets to sail to the undying lands to go be with his homies. I think it's a real testament to Tolkien's gift for using stories not just to inspire hope, but live up to it.

Epic movie. Astin was terrific but Dutton also knocked it out of the park.

Five-feet nothing. One hundred and nothing...

I watched Rudy many times between the ages of 12 and 15 but haven't since then. Re-watched it a few days ago and seeing as I'm not a bit of a film snob, I wasn't expecting it to blow me away but I was feeling nostalgic. I damn near cried. At 37 working a full time job with a family, doing a master's degree and starting a business during Covid, I felt like I was falling apart and unable to do any of it. Rudy pulled me out of that funk. I wasn't being grateful for all my good fortune.

I watched Rudy many times between the ages of 12 and 15 but haven't since then. Re-watched it a few days ago and seeing as I'm not a bit of a film snob, I wasn't expecting it to blow me away but I was feeling nostalgic. I damn near cried. At 37 working a full time job with a family, doing a master's degree and starting a business during Covid, I felt like I was falling apart and unable to do any of it. Rudy pulled me out of that funk. I wasn't being grateful for all my good fortune.

That’s a great message and sentiment but, man. Glad to hear it provided some inspiration. Good luck with your work and all the best to you and your family. You will do great.

As for the movie, the final scene is probably one of my favorite movie endings ever. Jerry Goldsmith’s music complements the sequence so well. Love how all the threads come together too- his mom and his dad Ned Beatty getting to see him suit up, his brother finally coming around and supporting him, Favreau showing up to see the culmination of his hard work, Vaughan going from being a detractor to going out of his way to make sure they secure enough of a lead to get Rudy into the game. Dutton watching yet another game but with a feeling of happiness rather than frustration.

so then you have the huge moment when he actually goes in and makes that sack. Great stuff.

That halfback pass to get the defense back on field for Rudy killed me. Lol

Back