Sea level cardio Cain gameplan? G&P avoiding submissions or stand up

I thought Cain wasn't gassed as much do to the environment but due to the damage Werdum did to him

Werdum submitted an almost dead by exhaustion Cain.

I think a 100% Cardio sea level Cain could imposse his gameplan in the ground avoiding Werdum's submissions. There are TONS of fighters who chose to ground and pound his strong BJJ opponent in the ground just carefully avoiding the subs and winning.

Or maybe despite Cain gas tank Werdum always submit him in the ground and is better to avoid it, mantaining the fight in the stand up.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ????

If Cardio Cain shows up against Werdum... what gonna be his gameplan ???

- Ground and pound avoiding submissions

- 100% stand up fight

Cain doesn't believe in your GNP strategy or he would have tried in the first round of the first fight with Werdum

"cardio" cain is also a UFC created myth

Last edited:
Speed and boxing. Avoid the clinch and the ground.

Good luck though because other than speed, Werdum is better everywhere. If Cain clinches, he gets caught in a Muay Thai plum. If Cain takes him down, he gets guilltioned, arm barred or triangled. If he boxes, Werdum has the better stand up.

Werdum will always be Cain's kryptonite barring fluke KO punch.

JDS has the speed, boxing, power & tdd to beat Cain.

JDS will always be Cain's kryptonite barring fluke KO punch.

Cain doesn't believe in your GNP strategy or he would have tried in the first round of the first with Werdum

Interesting, indeed he tried the stand up against Werdum, but he used takedown too, in the second was submitted when tried a takedown

And let's say you are right, and Cain didn't believe in GNP in the first fight... We all know how that ended for Cain, maybe this second time he gonna believe because, you know, in the first fight he was destroyed

Just like against JDS, in the first he tried the stand up and was KTFO, in the second fight full commitment into the GNP. This can be the same, not because he was KTFO but when he tried the final takedown was destroyed already

Werdum submitted an almost dead by exhaustion Cain.

I think a 100% Cardio sea level Cain could imposse his gameplan in the ground avoiding Werdum's submissions. There are TONS of fighters who chose to ground and pound his strong BJJ opponent in the ground just carefully avoiding the subs and winning.

Or maybe despite Cain gas tank Werdum always submit him in the ground and is better to avoid it, mantaining the fight in the stand up.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ????

If Cardio Cain shows up against Werdum... what gonna be his gameplan ???

- Ground and pound avoiding submissions

- 100% stand up fight

Cain showed on the first round that he was not willing to go to the ground against Werdum. That was while he still had cardio.

Cains style is not boxing from a distance. And he won't be able to avoid Werdum's clinch IMO.

His only gameplan is to attack relentlessly like he did anyone else he beat.
He needs to keep the pace up, and avoid the Thai Plum from Werdum.

If he can do that, he might have a chance... though I personally do not see it.

Cains best bet is to avoid the clinch and striking and try to hold werdum for 5 rounds without taking any risks enroute to a decision. Basically Cain needs to pull a gsp

came here to say this

I think Cain will try more of a wall and stall plan. If he can press Werdum against the cage and take his hips away, he stands to grind him out better. With that said, I'm hoping for a glorious flying knee KO by Master Troll

JDS has the speed, boxing, power & tdd to beat Cain.

JDS will always be Cain's kryptonite barring fluke KO punch.

you got it wrong.
Cain is Junior's Kryptonite. He does not allow distance to JDS so Junior can't throw punches.

Now Junior has the game to beat Werdum!

It is the MMA version of rock paper scissor :icon_chee

People who are saying Cain needs to use a GSP gameplan are idiots.

GSP never fought a BJJ guy at the level of Werdum who can strike like Werdum can.

Cain has to butcher Werdum and hurt him fast early and punch his head off. If he tries to drag it out Werdum will break him down again and sub him.

I think Cain will try more of a wall and stall plan. If he can press Werdum against the cage and take his hips away, he stands to grind him out better. With that said, I'm hoping for a glorious flying knee KO by Master Troll

wall and stall leads to muay thai clinch instantly by Werdum, just like in the first fight, impossible Cain gonna use that gameplan

I think he'll be working on his Thai Plum defense and his striking. I don't think he wants any part of Werdum on the ground. Way too risky in a 25 minute fight.

Werdum will destroy Cain again. He shouldn't even be fighting for the belt.

What made Cain so damn tired wasn't the sea level. It was because of the thai clinch. Cain was so determined to keep the fight standing he was trying to posture out of the Thai clinch completely wearing out his neck muscles! (which is why he started to look like a bobble head) and why a guy with great take down posture (change levels, head up) stuck his head down into werdums guillotine.

His best bet this time will be to take werdum down when he thai clinches early and work a good top position and try not to get subbed. This fight should be very different then the last one

He's going to mix it up. Will probably take it to the ground and try to redeem himself and prove a point.

Cain via decision

Back