Sea level cardio Cain gameplan? G&P avoiding submissions or stand up

Metallicalabran

Don't be scared homie!
@Brown
Reaction score
Werdum submitted an almost dead by exhaustion Cain.

I think a 100% Cardio sea level Cain could imposse his gameplan in the ground avoiding Werdum's submissions. There are TONS of fighters who chose to ground and pound his strong BJJ opponent in the ground just carefully avoiding the subs and winning.

Or maybe despite Cain gas tank Werdum always submit him in the ground and is better to avoid it, mantaining the fight in the stand up.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ????

If Cardio Cain shows up against Werdum... what gonna be his gameplan ???

- Ground and pound avoiding submissions

- 100% stand up fight

Last edited:
agreed...
rick-astley-dancing-o.gif

Speed and boxing. Avoid the clinch and the ground.

Good luck though because other than speed, Werdum is better everywhere. If Cain clinches, he gets caught in a Muay Thai plum. If Cain takes him down, he gets guilltioned, arm barred or triangled. If he boxes, Werdum has the better stand up.

Werdum will always be Cain's kryptonite barring fluke KO punch.

I say it's not impossible, just like Jones vs DC, I thought that Cain vs Werdum could've looked completely different. Which means, instead of being more stand-up oriented it could've been more wrestling oriented. Sometimes 1 fight doesn't mean much.

I say it's not impossible, just like Jones vs DC, I thought that Cain vs Werdum could've looked completely different. Which means, instead of being more stand-up oriented it could've been more wrestling oriented. Sometimes 1 fight doesn't mean much.

Sadly one fight doesn't mean much and we get forced to watch a rematch of a fight that wasn't that competitive.

I think the only way Cain wins is by winning a jab fest and hoping that Werdum eventually gasses. Werdum is better in the clinch and no way Cain is going to risk wrestling with him.

Don't remember the fight much, didn't Cain win the 1st round? Cain had some luck with the G&P in the first without being in danger of being subbed that round. He should do more of that and avoid going for terrible take downs where he gives Werdum his neck.

Cains best bet is to avoid the clinch and striking and try to hold werdum for 5 rounds without taking any risks enroute to a decision. Basically Cain needs to pull a gsp

I think the only way Cain wins is by winning a jab fest and hoping that Werdum eventually gasses. Werdum is better in the clinch and no way Cain is going to risk wrestling with him.

but i think Werdum is much better with the jab and has the reach advantage too

to me, the best way for Cain to win is ground and pund Werdum avoiding the submissions.

To me, the stand up fight will always end in the outside (where Werdum is better by using kicks, being more varied and having the reach advantage) or in the clinch were Werdum is always better using his muay thai

Don't remember the fight much, didn't Cain win the 1st round? Cain had some luck with the G&P in the first without being in danger of being subbed that round. He should do more of that and avoid going for terrible take downs where he gives Werdum his neck.

I don't remember any GnP whatsoever in that fight. Cain threw some leg kicks while Werdum was on his back, and 1 punch, which Werdum grabbed and got back to his feet with in the 2nd.

cain needs to strike in and out, do not overcommit on a finish. No takedowns until the fourth and fifth. Avoid the ground and clinch at all cost till the later rounds. Basically Gsp Werdum without the takedown.

cain needs to strike in and out, do not overcommit on a finish. No takedowns until the fourth and fifth. Avoid the ground and clinch at all cost till the later rounds. Basically Gsp Werdum without the takedown.

but is not that IMPOSSIBLE to do against a fighter who is more technical, more varied (jab, straight, kicks, elbows, knees) and has longer reach ???

Cain could have the edge in his speed, but he is always throwing hooks and overhands, those punches ends in the clinch most of the time and doesnt work to fight in and out. And against werdum you avoid the clinch.

He won the first round by pressure and controlling the fight and landing more shots. It was competitive though and Cain was exhausted from the clinch and busted open by the end.

When it went to the ground, Cain got side control but Werdum smartly rolled into a full guard attempt, grabbed his arm and almost pulled him into his guard. Cain got up and wanted no part.

Cain had no success on the ground other than getting side control and losing it.

He should take him to the ground and score. This would make Werdum tired coming into the second round and if it is really the Cain that we are used to he will not get tired. However, he should not try double leg TDs because Werdum will sub him.

G&P didn't happen..

Werdum's got his # on speed dial.

Wrestling is Cains strength. You play to YOUR strength, not against your opponents strength.

One of the consensus top 5 HW's who specializes in ground and pound is a nut to "try" to avoid their "strength".

If Werdum is indeed that superior to a fresh Cain on the ground, he "Cain" WILL lose. No way a top 3-5 ranked HW should use a "punchers chance" gameplan against ANYONE!

I think cain will take him down this time arohnd, but even if he doesn't I think Werdum beats him either way

Werdum doesnt have more power but his stand up is a lot better than Cains.

Boxed cain up good.

Clinched Cain up good.

Knocked Cain down with a knee.

Bobbled his head with 1-2 all night while taking Cains biggest and best strikes.

AND

subbed Cain.

Werdum is better and will beat Cain again because hes a nightmare of a match up for Cain. This isnt JDS fighting off the back foot and gassing in 5 minutes because hes so scared of the ground he uses 180% of his energy in fighting in the clinch. Werdum brings different dynamics to Cain that change the course of the fight.

Werdum> Cain and the UFC nerds need to deal with it because one day they were the same Dana White stans saying Werdum was a "UFC REJECT"

how times have changed.

Back