SD's food

Seriously-Dead

wubbalubbadubdub
@Brown
Reaction score
Hey gang. Just figured I'd start logging stuff, because why not? I like having somewhere to reflect on nutrition and I feel like this is a good way that keeps me accountable. I'll probably just write my activity + food in the order that I do them to keep it somewhat readable. I rarely count calories, figure out my TDEE, or anything like that - maybe once every 4-5 months I'll do it for 3-4 days to make sure I'm not totally off the mark. I have no real goals other than to look good, get stronger, feel good, and do so without any insane dietary practices while on a budget.

Basic stats: 165lbs, 5'7, 10-12% BF

~2 hours desk work
~1 hour workout: weighted pull-ups, squats, dips, and snatch pulls
1cup (dried) oatmeal + 4tbsp sugar
1L 1% milk
4cup coffee + 3 tbsp sugar
~30 minutes walking
~8 hours of desk work + classroom

Not too sure how I'll finish the day yet, but likely I'll just eat some steak I have unthawing with some eggs and top it off with more oatmeal/sugar and some fruit. Pretty boring day food-wise, mostly because I'm not home for most of the day and I have shit all for groceries (was out of town for 5 days).

I was always interested to know how what your diet looked like. What are your credentials btw? Looks like alot of sugar to me, please explain.

I was always interested to know how what your diet looked like. What are your credentials btw? Looks like alot of sugar to me, please explain.

Undergrad in kinesiology with honors in cell biology/health science, currently grad student in pharmacy and nutrition (may transition to my PhD come spring but we'll see).

As for the sugar, I put another 3tbsp in my second bowl of oatmeal just now along with some cocoa. :D

Honestly, I can afford the calories (only hit around 2200 today, tested RMR is like 1950kcal/day so I'm probably still in a deficit), I like it post-workout, it makes oatmeal taste better, and I'm a sucker for sweet food. Oatmeal keeps me warm (a big plus in winter), is relatively high in protein (complete protein too), and I probably won't be inclined to eat it unless it's got either fruit or sugar in it. I don't normally put anything in my coffee but today I knew I was going to go about 8 hours midday without food (after having worked out) so I figured I needed some sugars to keep up with my work.

Also to add:
Had two small sirloin steaks with an egg for dinner, followed by a smaller bowl of oatmeal with sugar.

pretty basic day again, mostly work - had time to pick up some fruit but waiting for veggies from the farmers marker (saturday)

~2 hour desk work
1cup milk
4 small hamburger patties
1 egg
~5 hour desk work
4 cup coffee
~1 hour walk
1/2 pineapple
~3 hours desk work
1cup oatmeal + 3 tbsp sugar
~30 minute workout - bench press, curls, front squats, other arm stuff
3 small hamburger patties + lime
1/2 sweet potato
1 pear

Rocking good start to the food log - came down with a stomach flu over the weekend.

I think I've eaten maybe 1500kcal over four days... maybe. Mostly in the form of soup and powerade.

Finally getting back to some kind of normal, eating solids again. Not a ton of food but its a start.

Salad - Four lettuces, carrot, beet, tomato, gouda cheese, 2 strips of bacon diced, olive oil, honey balsamic
4 small oranges
3 eggs
1 bowl oatmeal + honey +banana
Handful of pumpkin seeds
1 glass of OJ
And made the same salad again but bigger

I toitally agree with the oatmeal love, but I can't buy a box and have just one bowl so I avoid it for now.

I toitally agree with the oatmeal love, but I can't buy a box and have just one bowl so I avoid it for now.

Really?? Damn. I've been sitting on a box of it for like 1-2 months now... I can't eat more than one bowl at a time because it gets too filling.

I could sit there and eat it all day with honey in.

Have you ever tried quinoa cooked in the same fashion? Apparently it subs for oatmeal in all applications, but never tried it(way more expensive).

Yuck! Quinoa does not agree with my stomach, ever, in anyway. Gives me the shits every damn time.

Oatmeal + honey + banana
Walk 20 minutes
Gym 1.5 hours - clean and jerk, weighted pull-ups, leg extensions, snatch pulls, DB bench, other arm stuff
Beef Stir-fry with deep fried yams, cabbage and rice
Powerade (STILL trying to rehydrate dammit)
Walk 20 minutes
3 small oranges
1 cream cheese stuffed muffin
1 large salad (same ingredients from the other day)
1 small steak

Friday
Honestly not much, definitely a large deficit. Had oats/honey/banana for breakfast and didn't eat again until dinner where I had a smaller portion of pork ribs, rice and beans. Maybe a few oranges in between there. Also lifted this day, but very lightly - I kind of pulled my levator scap while snatching, since I didn't come even close to adequately warming up (I was in a hurry, stupid).

Saturday
Had some of my leftover pork ribs, rice and beans for breakfast - another small portion. Snacked a tiny bit through the day but not much, then went out for sushi and sake with friends, followed by many rum and diet cokes. At dinner I had a few maki rolls, pan friend chicken livers, tempura veggies, and salted edemame beans.

Sunday
So far this morning I had McDick's (three cheeseburgers and half a medium fries) with the first coffee I've drank in over a week. Greasy hangover food.

I am down about 5-10lbs since before I got sick. So I've got a bit of weight to regain before I feel normal. Levator is still kind of fucked - turning my neck hurts. So it'll be very light stuff at the gym if I go in the next few days.

This week has been insane for me - I've been putting in 12+ hour days, and living mostly off of cafeteria food at the university (which is actually pretty good, mostly some kind of roast or chicken, rice, veggies, fruit, dessert - slice of pizza here and there). I've been hanging on by eating 1 large meal a day and then maybe 1 or 2 snacks, if that. Was definitely too stressed to be hungry or think about food. Still floating around 155lb in the mornings, so there's been little change to my weight, maybe a small decline. Managed to go to the gym a few times at least.

Today was actually some food cooked at home, which was nice.
1/2 cantaloupe filled with plain yogurt and banana
Homemade sports drink (pregym) - this is essentially few tsp sugar, and an electrolyte tablet
1 rice bowl - steak, rice, 2 eggs (fried into the rice), garlic, shaved carrot, lime and orange juice, and cilantro. Was delish.

Probably gonna finish off the rest of the rice that's left and then maybe have some vanilla ice cream with honey.

Friday
Instead of eating another rice bowl I just had an OJ + Vanilla ice cream float to finish the night. Delish. Also did the gym that day.

Saturday
4 eggs and one slice of toast (PB+J) with an orange.
Few all dressed chips (literally a few)
Gym again
Had a smoothie (protein in it, about 450kcal)
Fig, goat cheese, and prosciutto personal pizza with a manhattan
Then just had one beer at a pub and called it a night.

Today
2 eggs + 2 strips bacon + 1 pancake w/ syrup
1 rice bowl (same as Friday - steak, fried rice, etc.)
Still hungry and deciding what's next...

Also down to about 157lbs right now. I'm okay with that.

Last night
Vanilla + OJ float
1/2 cantaloupe
Some leftover chicken (one small breast)
1 small orange
1 banana

1/2 cantaloupe with plain yogurt
1 banana
1 small orange
Salad with chicken and black beans - pretty basic, mostly just greens
Coffee
Sports drink (salt + sugar)
Gym - Front Squats, weighted chins, assisted one arm chins, bulgarian split squats, curls, seated rows, ab pulldowns, tabata interval, some other random stuff
Chicken and black bean salad - mostly chicken and beans, but added in lime and orange juice, salt, chile power, tumeric, cilantro, shredded carrots and greens from the farmers market
OJ + Vanilla ice cream float
Probably gonna snack on something else before bed. Maybe oats or fruit.

Writing this shit down before I forget

Breakfast - Plain Yogurt, small orange, tiny bit of leftover beans and chicken
Coffee
Lunch (cafeteria/buffet) - 1 small slice pizza, 1/2 grilled cheese, 2 large slices roast beef, garlic mashed potatoes, carrots, cucumbers, zuchinni, brocolli, tomatoes, coffee w/ honey, strawberry shortcake, jello

I was still hungry after my first plate, so I went back for the dessert and coffee - always satisfying. Probably won't eat again until late tonight, stuck at school for a while.

Update:
gym - weighted dips, back squats, bent over rows, hammer press, weighted decline sit ups, one legged deadlift, hamstring curls, flies

followed by a large frying pans worth of black beans (sauteed like yesterday) with 4 eggs and salsa.
1 orange

Last edited:
It's funny. I've been sitting in this cafeteria for almost two hours now (just drinking coffee at this point cause its free and the room has good lighting) and I've seen so many people, especially young 19-20 year old girls, go back for seconds, thirds, and fourths with some pretty serious serving sizes. I guess this is where the freshman fifteen is put on.

Buffets really are the scourge of the western world.

Yesterday was some serious slacking on my part. Feel great today though.

Oats + honey + banana
Vanilla ice cream + OJ float
2 cups of coffee
1 medium dominos pizza + cheesy bread
1 orange

Dat salt content.

Started eating oatmeal again post training after reading your log. Whole milk and honey, makes me sleep better.

You have no idea! I put so much salt on everything - if I don't, I get seriously dehydrated and I have to piss like minutes after drinking water. It's really bad, I have to actively work against it so I take an electrolyte tablet almost everyday and that seems to fix the problem.

Yesterday
2 bananas
1 orange
2 cups coffee
2 steaks
3 bowls of oatmeal (one with honey, one with honey+banana, one with honey+berries)

Back