News SD Dumas vs. Abu Azaitar set for UFC event, Mar. 11th

The hood wolf takes this and calls out Gourmet Chen Chen for a battle of the wolves.

Dumas Vs tba. Azaitar gonna pull out as usual.

This.

Few things.

Was literally thinking about Dumas the other day. Looked great on DWCS.

He does however look like a Soundcloud rapper called something like Lil Pumpgun or similarly atrocious. Black O'Malley.

If this happens the size will be crazy.

It won't happen as @Hellowhosthat said. Azaitar pulls out as usual. Dumas will fight a short notice newcomer.

I was just thinking about this guy, sometimes they win on the contender series, get the contract and then you hear nothing of them for awhile. That guy he beat on the contender series was one of the weirdest looking guys i’ve ever seen, built like a praying mantis 6ft 3 with an 83 inch reach at middleweight.

Last edited:
I was just thinking about this guy, sometimes they win on the contender series, get the contract and then you hear nothing of them for awhile. That guy he beat on the contender series was one of the weirdest looking guys i’ve ever seen, built like a praying mantis 6ft 3 with an 83 inch reach at middleweight.

His opponent on DWCS was a very good kickboxer whose only GLORY loss was to the champion who succeeded Alex Pereira.

I would expect to see Penaz in the UFC sooner than later if he doesn't retire as many fighters who lose on DWCS do.

Dumas impressed the fuck out of me on DWCS. He seems to have a lot of talent, a fairly well-rounded skillset, and a lot of intangibles going for him.

Meanwhile, Azaitar's only win in the promotion is a UD over Vitor Miranda (3-4 in the UFC) four years ago which is not much to get excited about. Then he had a long period of inactivity until fighting Barriault, who ground him into the dust. Marc-Andre is a perennial journeyman; at best you could call him a gatekeeper to fringe Top 15 status. That was a year and a half ago. Needless to say, given how volatile he and his brother have looked following PotatoGate, I have zero faith in him against most Middleweights on the roster -- much less a fairly promising prospect who's given me something to get excited about.

Yeah, Dumas is unproven at the UFC level, but so is Azaitar to be quite frank. Sedrique is undefeated as a pro with a high finish rate (admittedly against largely lackluster competition). His only loss was in one ammy fight, where he dropped a Decision to Miles Lee. Lee -- for the record -- is a very legit grappler who is best known for going four rounds with Donovan Beard (the guy Bo Nickal killed just recently) for the CFFC Middleweight Championship and dominating him for most of that before getting submitted late.

Last edited:
His opponent on DWCS was a very good kickboxer whose only GLORY loss was to the champion who succeeded Alex Pereira.

I would expect to see Penaz in the UFC sooner than later if he doesn't retire as many fighters who lose on DWCS do.

Yeah Penaz is good. It was a very good win.

Yeah Dumas hold a very solid win over the young Matěj Peňáz for sure. And indeed, Peňáz only lost to the current GLORY middleweight champion Donovan Wisse, BUT the young Surinam didn’t beat Alex Pereira, actually they never even fought each other.

Wisse captured the vacant MW-belt with a spectacular win over Yousri Belgaroui (old foe of Pereira, ironically enough Yousri is his main sparring partner now) at the same event where Alex Pereira vs Artem Vakhitov 2 and Badr Hari vs Arek Wrzosek 1 took place (on GLORY 78, I attended the event last year, very good fight, definitely worth watching, will put the youtube-link below).
Pereira has been in contact with Donovan Wisse though, when he was brought into the ring at GLORY 81 in Düsseldorf last August to hand over the Glory MW-strap to Wisse (who just got his first title defence in after the Poatan reign)

upload_2022-12-3_2-16-26.jpeg

I attended the event and made this photo, here’s the link to my event-experience thread of GLORY 81 in case you missed it:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i-went-to-glory-81-last-week-and-had-a-blast.4253502/

And here’s the Donovan Wisse vs Yousri Belgaroui fight for the vacant middleweight championship that I talked about:

Yeah Dumas hold a very solid win over the young Matěj Peňáz for sure. And indeed, Peňáz only lost to the current GLORY middleweight champion Donovan Wisse, BUT the young Surinam didn’t beat Alex Pereira, actually they never even fought each other.

Wisse captured the vacant MW-belt with a spectacular win over Yousri Belgaroui (old foe of Pereira, ironically enough Yousri is his main sparring partner now) at the same event where Alex Pereira vs Artem Vakhitov 2 and Badr Hari vs Arek Wrzosek 1 took place (on GLORY 78, I attended the event last year, very good fight, definitely worth watching, will put the youtube-link below).
Pereira has been in contact with Donovan Wisse though, when he was brought into the ring at GLORY 81 in Düsseldorf last August to hand over the Glory MW-strap to Wisse (who just got his first title defence in after the Poatan reign)

View attachment 955950

I attended the event and made this photo, here’s the link to my event-experience thread of GLORY 81 in case you missed it:
https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i-went-to-glory-81-last-week-and-had-a-blast.4253502/

And here’s the Donovan Wisse vs Yousri Belgaroui fight for the vacant middleweight championship that I talked about:

Alex is definitely checking that girl out in the ring lol.

This.

Few things.

Was literally thinking about Dumas the other day. Looked great on DWCS.

He does however look like a Soundcloud rapper called something like Lil Pumpgun or similarly atrocious. Black O'Malley.

If this happens the size will be crazy.

It won't happen as @Hellowhosthat said. Azaitar pulls out as usual. Dumas will fight a short notice newcomer.

"Lil Pumpgun"...

<36>

So predictable and unsurprising to learn Azaitar pulled out. Needs to be cut.

Really excited to see SD's debut. He looked scary good on the CS

Spent nearly three weeks in Morocco this month, in Fez there was a mural for Ottman Azaitar, his brother. Ufc themed. Got some local clout for identifying him to the locals. Didn't mention Frevola or the potatoes

Back