Scuba diver attacked underwater... By another diver.

dildos

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
crazy story coming from hawaii today.

'Umberger, 53, claims she was attacked off the Kona coast in Hawaii last Thursday. And she says this video is the petrifying proof.

The footage appears to show someone approach Umberger and rip the air supply out of her mouth while she was 15 metres underwater.'

full story here- http://www.news.com.au/travel/trave...camera-in-hawaii/story-e6frfq80-1226917416215

so she and other divers were documenting damage to coral reefs, and apparently the diver that attacked her was a reef fisherman.

crazy story. good thing she was chilled like a sea cucumber.

Saw this earlier. I don't know if she was out of line for taping them, but pulling her gear off 50 feet underwater is attempted murder. I would have made sure they didn't get out of my site while I contacted authorities.

Saw this earlier. I don't know if she was out of line for taping them, but pulling her gear off 50 feet underwater is attempted murder. I would have made sure they didn't get out of my site while I contacted authorities.

Considering she recovered as quickly as she did, I don't think 'attempted murder' fits anywhere at all here at all. What did she do to fix the problem, put the hose back to her lips? The guy was just being a prick.

Losing your air supply due to an attack certainly is shocking, but hardly life threatening. Divers are trained to breathe out slowly and recover their regulator. If they can't, there is a secondary air source standing by. Failing that, buddy breathing or an emergency ascent if your buddy is too far away is always an option.

That's why I always carry a samurai sword as backup on my dives in Kona. Everybody is jacked off that java.

I think the work 'attack' is a bit misleading.

Never go diving without a Russian underwater assault rifle

apsunderwaterassaultriflerussianaction2kk2.jpg

Sounds like something the infamous Florida Man would do.

Saw this on an episode of Sea Hunt. 3/10. That was a good episode.

can someone explain why he was so pissed? Was it illegal what he was doing?

can someone explain why he was so pissed? Was it illegal what he was doing?

he was apparently reef fishing and didnt want a photo taken of him, is what is said in the article.

Last edited:
I think the work 'attack' is a bit misleading.

pulling out her regulator is malicious and with intent to do harm.

sounds like attacking to me

he didnt want a photo taken of him, is what is said in the article.

I'm not buying that. No one can even tell who you are with all that gear on. I think they were doing something illegal like picking up a drug shipment that was dropped in the ocean or something like that.

No one can even tell who you are with all that gear on.

well going by this now it can be anything. im not ruling out it was a secret drug pickup, but maybe it was kids wagging school and they thought they just got caught ??

pulling out her regulator is malicious and with intent to do harm.

sounds like attacking to me

Finally someone posting who's not a self proclaimed TUF guy saying no big deal. There was evil intent. Who knows what other abnormal violent shit that turd does to other strangers, like maybe road rage.

he was apparently reef fishing and didnt want a photo taken of him, is what is said in the article.

The local news said the bad guy was taking aquarium fish. I'm guessing it was to sell in pet stores.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gladiator47
Back