Screamers

CopPsychDoc

White Belt
Reaction score
Don't you just love the guy that screams when someone gets close to a sub. You wouldn't mind once in awhile but this one guy let out 3 screams during today's workout.

Kind of funny when every starts rolling their eyes looking at each other.:icon_chee

Have not seen that. I am sure I would be WTf too. My weird thing is I close my eyes when rolling.

We had a big fella come out one night who wanted to try his hand at grappling. Guy was a solid 260 and looked pretty bad-ass. After rolling with a few guys and looking okay, he ended up rolling with one of the top students, who is about 225.

They go at it and student gets cross chest and starts to sink in a top wristlock on the guy. The sub wasn't tight but this guy lets out a high-pitched squeal/scream and the whole room goes silent as everyone turns to look, followed by an outbreak of laughter.

It's not that anyone wanted to be disrespectful, but seeing a huge guy like that scream is pretty damn funny :)

I close my eyes too. Sometimes I scream when putting on a move, the yelling sometimes psychs out the other guy.
Try it, it works.

I love it when say your getting an armbar they their like arrrggghhhhh. So you let up and look at them like are you OK??? They immediately say I'm good keep going.

We had a big fella come out one night who wanted to try his hand at grappling. Guy was a solid 260 and looked pretty bad-ass. After rolling with a few guys and looking okay, he ended up rolling with one of the top students, who is about 225.

They go at it and student gets cross chest and starts to sink in a top wristlock on the guy. The sub wasn't tight but this guy lets out a high-pitched squeal/scream and the whole room goes silent as everyone turns to look, followed by an outbreak of laughter.

It's not that anyone wanted to be disrespectful, but seeing a huge guy like that scream is pretty damn funny :)

Have you ever seen the movie "Accepted" when the kids open their own college? That kid from Superbad is in it, Seth something or other. And there is a part when he get scared and lets out this 10 second long, high pitch scream and everyone just stares at him and is like "Sherman WTF was that?" and he goes "Wow, this is embarassing! It would be really cool if you gusy wouldn't tell anyone I scream like that"

I could totally picture your story!

I close my eyes too. Sometimes I scream when putting on a move, the yelling sometimes psychs out the other guy.
Try it, it works.

Sometimes? Haha I'm sure that psyches out the other guy everytime.

A guy screamed before pulling a sub on me after we had stalled for about 20 seconds. I laughed and told him i appreciated his war yell. :)

i don't mind the screaming. It's when they moan like they are getting laid. it's fucking creepy.

I rolled with the guy last night who always taps before you can even get the sub. He's new so it's no big deal, but at one point I had him mounted, and I just PINNED his right arm like I was going for the Keylock and he yelled and tapped. I guess he's got a bad shoulder or something, but even on arm triangles/gi chokes as soon as I'd make a move for a sub he would tap.

BTW, I am DEFINITELY going to start doing a samurai yell before submissions from now on!

Back