Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Scottish Bill Would Criminalize ‘Hate Speech’ in Private Homes

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Khabibs Tiramisu, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Khabibs Tiramisu TLJ IS DOGSHIT. OH HI MARK!

Not sure if this had been posted:

Scottish Bill Would Criminalize ‘Hate Speech’ in Private Homes
    A controversial bill making its way through Scotland’s Parliament would criminalize hate speech even if the offending words were uttered in someone’s private home.

Members of the Scottish Parliament questioned Justice Secretary Humza Yousaf for the first time on Tuesday about the Hate Crime and Public Order Bill, which would establish a new crime, “stirring up hatred.”

The legislation criminalizes hate speech relating to age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, transgender identity, and variations in sex characteristics, including potentially hate speech spoken in private residences.

After criticism from groups saying the bill threatens to stifle free speech, Yousaf agreed to amend the legislation when it reaches stage two of consideration in Parliament. The amendment will stipulate that offenders may only be prosecuted if they had “intent” to stir up hatred. Yousaf also agreed to again examine protections for free speech in the bill.

https://news.yahoo.com/scottish-bill-criminalize-hate-speech-184012893.html

A quick search of Humza Yousaf and you'll see this:

Yousaf became the first non-white and first Muslim member of the Scottish Government when he was appointed as a minister in 2012.[citation needed] At age 27, he was also the youngest minister ever appointed to the Scottish Government. He became Scotland's first ethnic minority and first Muslim cabinet minister when appointed as Cabinet Secretary for Justice in 2018. Appointed aged 33, he also became the youngest person to ever hold a cabinet position in the Scottish Government.

Is this another case of the Muslim religion destroying freedom of speech? What say you Sherdog?
    [​IMG]

2. FierceRedBelt Red Belt

It's definitely the way things are moving in the west.

3. TheWave111 Yellow Card Yellow Card

Freedom of speech never existed in the west. 'Freedom of speech' is a political tool to control other people.
    It's a fake card used as a stick to try to hit others with.

4. Bald1 War Room Can

A Muslim wanting to silence speech you say? I've never heard of such a thing!

Wonder why?

5. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

Should be able to say what you want in your own home.

I can see the argument if you're hosting national front meetings or whatever, though.

6. TheWave111 Yellow Card Yellow Card

Freedom of speech never existed in the west. Ask the man who worked for Charlie Hebdo and made jewish cartoons and got sacked.

7. ElKarlo Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

The UK despite brexit is steadily marching into the abyss. Seems everything socially they do is Demolition man weirdness.

Ichibanner likes this.
  8. Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

Freedom of speech is very real in the West, and if you think you can troll threads like this unchecked with this kind of anti-Semitic drivel, you'll be in for a surprise.

I suggest you find your way out.

9. Bald1 War Room Can

Can you explain to me the difference between a people and an ideology?

10. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

Brexit is probably the chief reason for us marching into the abyss tbh

Jonny Ninja likes this.
  11. ElKarlo Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

So just a nutty reaction to hat reaction to the reaction of the EU? I get you, but all these things are worse than Brexit. Trade and what not can come back, freedom is kinda you have it or you don't

12. TheWave111 Yellow Card Yellow Card

The west has a history of anti semitism.
    I'm best friends with my jewish neighbours. You don't give a damn about them.
    I gave you a clear example of what 'freedom of speech' means in the west and the double standards.
    I heard no one complaining about the sacked cartoonist of Charlie Hebdo who made drawings about the president and made a link to jews.
    You don't believe in freedom of speech. You believe in controlled speech as long as it's something you like and allow.

People who always yell 'freedom of speech' to minorities use it as a political stick to hit them with. It's a tool used to try to control them. You hate it that minorities with the same nationality have the same rights. You hate it and want to control them. That's all it is.

13. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

Most of the "EU imposing on our freedoms" was minor stuff anyway really. It was all sold on extra money for the NHS that doesn't exist.

Given that the state of the country (and indeed the world) has completely and utterly changed since then, I don't see why we don't do a second referendum.

Khabib Khanate and Jonny Ninja like this.
  14. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

Freedom of speech in your own home doesn't equate to freedom to publish cartoons designed to insight a race based reaction and it shouldn't.

15. ElKarlo Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I mean there is that, but enforcing weird laws that are awful on your people is not called for.

16. SanchoMF Equally Useless

Stupid, ridiculous and unnecessary but not surprising at all.

Oktagon Kontro1 likes this.
  17. TheWave111 Yellow Card Yellow Card

Drawing a cartoon of a muslim with a big nose, dark skinned reminds me of something from 100 years ago.
    No ideologies are being drawn. People are being drawn.
    The excuses are already coming for your double standard.

18. Hellowhosthat Silver Belt

I can't recall any that were awful really. I might be forgetting a couple but I never really felt like the EU was interfering in my day to day life.

19. Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

Charlie Hebdo is a private company, and your second attempt to derail this thread into a Jew-bashing thread will be your last.

20. Zankou Bringing peace and love Staff Member Senior Moderator

It’s possible people were a lot more concerned with people at Charlie Hebdo being outright killed for their speech, rather than whining about how there’s no free speech because we can’t criticize Jews enough...and so if you really think about it, speech is just as free in Saudi Arabia as it is in France, because there you can criticize Jews as much as want.

And lol at your claims of being friends with Jews. You also claim the Islamic world is super friendly and tolerant of the Jews. I can’t imagine who you think this comical fakery is convincing.

Khabib Khanate and kiley_sean like this.