Scott Coker says Frank Mir gave thumbs up on Roy Nelson fight, loser could get cut

Discussion in 'Worldwide MMA Discussion' started by MMALOPEZ, Sep 9, 2019.

1. MMALOPEZ

MMALOPEZ Gold Belt

“I heard that he wasn’t happy about the fight,” Coker said. “But this is, I talked to my guys about it, and I said, ‘What happened?” And they said (Mir) wanted the fight, and I looked at all the texts, and they were like ‘thumbs up,’ from Frank, so thumbs up to me means he wants to do it, you know? So we put the fight together.”

“Really it’s a fight that both of those guys are coming off a defeat, actually, so you say, ‘OK, which one is going to be able to turn it around?'” Coker said. “And this fight is that one for them in their career. You know, this is the time that they got to deliver, and I think it might be the winner moves forward, and the loser goes home, maybe.”

2. trentkelp

trentkelp Blue Belt

Coker will never fire the old names for fight after fight of shitty performances….he loves his "friends!"

3. CC27

CC27 Gold Belt

Frank was saying he didnt want it but that means its a declined fight which extends your contract 6 months. They can just keep doing that, same thing UFC has in their contracts. You turn it down they can hold you forever and you dont get paid until you take a fight.

So he really has no choice if he wants to get paid.

lsa and Torrid like this.
  4. orangecuse

orangecuse Gold Belt

LOL does he think he's serious about the loser might go home talk? The dude signed 80 yr old Shamrock & Royce to fight. Had Dada heart attack in a big Bellator fight. He'd sign over the hill Handy tomorrow if he could.

fifinex, Woodstock99, lsa and 6 others like this.
  5. skylolow

skylolow Silver Belt

Loser could get cut, should.

RODNEY83 likes this.
  6. RODNEY83

RODNEY83 Yellow Card Yellow Card

I would say it's a full of s_ _t comment from a slimeball Bellator President. These are his types of matchups because he has a history of putting these types of matchups together. So I believe the fighter, Frank Mir, over a slimeball promoter. Good piece @MMALOPEZ

7. FKA

FKA AZ Hotshots/OAK Raiders/That Bellator guy Double Yellow Card

They used those fights purely for exposure be it good or bad.

Nowadays their freakshow fights center around pro wrasslers I fully believe Coker in his comments lose is likely cut.

The dada vs kimbo and Gracie vs shamrock fights were in the same card 3 nearly 4 years ago.......as shitty as it was it indeed was in the past.

8. trentkelp

trentkelp Blue Belt

Come on @FKA these OLD UFCers can still put on horrible performances and still get paid HUGE money from Coker....This is the Bellator model! Watch! they will Sign BJ Penn for a "farewell fight" or something like that.

...The money is waisted at the top in the geriatrics league. Bellator could be so much more! No vision, no understanding of talent or how to grow talent! Just pouch old and broken names...

fifinex, Woodstock99 and RODNEY83 like this.
  9. Torrid

Torrid Cunning Linguist

he won't do shit.

Woodstock99 and trentkelp like this.
  10. Hellhammer84

Hellhammer84 Blue Belt

Doesn't seem like Mir is too interested in fighting anyone anymore at this point. He's had a very Arlovski type of career where he has been down and out many times and then had a couple resurgances out of nowhere. Truly feels like the end of him now. Roy isn't the same guy by a stretch either but he's got a few more in him to win or lose imo

11. Leonard Haid

Leonard Haid Minimalist Living the Illusory Dream

The winner should get cut too

12. PolarBearPaulVarelans

PolarBearPaulVarelans Brown Belt

Don't blame Bellator.

Blame the fans who made Shamrock vs. Royce 3 and Kimbo vs. Dada way more highly viewed and attended than many UFC live events on Fox and especially now on ESPN, nevermind other Bellator cards.

I wouldn't be surprised if quite a few of the people who keep bringing those fights up years after the fact eagerly watched them at the time, either.

scottjoebob, pbateman, FKA and 2 others like this.
  13. Buffmeister

Buffmeister you must choose, so come boy..choose life or death

OMFG...both guys are at the very end of their careers...and the loser might get cut?!!!

If thats the Storyline...should i give a fuck?

lsa and RODNEY83 like this.
  14. orangecuse

orangecuse Gold Belt

Maybe that's the reason their ratings have been so terrible since then. That embarrassing shit had to of left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. Still a dumb move IMO and god awful representation for an MMA org to put out there.

A guy almost died who shouldn't even be on that stage in one of the most embarrassing fights ever. That could've been the biggest black eye on MMA and set the sport back years.

15. trentkelp

trentkelp Blue Belt

Both of you get it! Coker is the "Fan" of the old guys as well as you Sherdogers! So your both right! Coker does not want to put in the work or the money to build their own stars, so you get the geriatric league and it's mainly the Sherdog fan basses fault!

lsa and RODNEY83 like this.
  16. PolarBearPaulVarelans

PolarBearPaulVarelans Brown Belt

Funny, "embarrassing shit" like CM Punk on UFC PPV main cards twice, once against Michael "The Truth" Jackson didn't "leave a bad taste" and wasn't a "god awful representation" for the UFC somehow, despite the fact that Dada and Kimbo would both beat him like a pinata in a fight.

Nor was something like Sean Gannon (remember him?) a horrible representation of the UFC back in the day, and this was when the UFC would only hold 6 events the whole year.

The hypocrisy of hardcore UFC shills is always funny. Does WME at least cut you guys a check, or are you unpaid interns?

17. orangecuse

orangecuse Gold Belt

Not a UFC shill. What does CM punk and a scrub who got his ass kicked(and kicked Kimbo's ass) in the UFC over a decade ago have anything to do with this thread or the fact that the Kimbo fight and the over the hill dinosaur fight were pathetic embarrassments. Dada nearly died which would've been the worst thing in the history of MMA. Also, the fact that Bellator has had terrible ratings pretty much ever since. Some of you dorks get so weird and defensive when people call out some this garbage. I've done nothing but mock Cm punk, Dana, the current fake BMF title, etc. It's okay if Cokers shitty fuck-ups get called out, princess. I've been watching and supporting Bellator since the beginning it was way better under Rebney. Cry some more.

JKS, fifinex, Woodstock99 and 2 others like this.
  18. trentkelp

trentkelp Blue Belt

Careful! @FKA was the guy to sign DADA and the Beef Plant guy! He lurks here from time to time!

19. lukeuidswords

lukeuidswords Brown Belt

this is complete nonsense, but ok. I guess you're a really big Eric Prindle fan.

FKA and PolarBearPaulVarelans like this.
  20. orangecuse

orangecuse Gold Belt

What's the difference between Eric Prindle vs Jay Ayala, the beef plant guy and Heather Hardy?

fifinex, lsa and RODNEY83 like this.