Scott Coker says Bellator can't afford Fedor, Is the UFC only place that can?

But, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but, but.....the Viacom money!?

They are owned by Viacom. They can afford him.

Ridiculous. Viacom makes billions every year. That's BILLIONS. With a B. They wouldn't even notice a few million to pay Fedor.

They don't make billions a year by doing stupid shit with their money like sign fedor for millions when they would lose pretty much all of it.

Considering he lost money on Fedor last time, I can't blame him for not wanting to make that mistake twice.

Kind of seems like the UFC is the only place that makes sense..... is it really worth it when you don't have the money for him to just get that huge card from his name?

Fedor will be signing with the UFC. I am going full shertard white belt here and proclaiming it as a 100% for sure thing.

Why?

Arovloski/Mir and Miocic/Rothwell all but confirm it.

But Dana said thet Werdum/Velasquez was next? 95% of what comes out of Danas mouth is a lie or a misdirection. In this case, Dana knows that there is always a chance Fedor gets weird and decides to go fight for OneFC or WSOF so Cain is the back up plan. He reads these boards, he knows NO ONE wants to see this rematch immediately.

Werdum/Fedor to headline the Super Bowl Card. Book it.

I said over a month ago that Fedor is not comming out of retirement, period. Bellator wont make the mistake of Co-promotion and Dana sure as hell wont Co-promote and he wont be offering the same Deal he did before Fedor lost 3 straight in a row. Fedor either takes a huge pay cut or saves face and stays retired.

Fedor vs CroCop 2 would be the best thing since Fedor vs CroCop 1. Make it happen DANA!!

I said over a month ago that Fedor is not comming out of retirement, period. Bellator wont make the mistake of Co-promotion and Dana sure as hell wont Co-promote and he wont be offering the same Deal he did before Fedor lost 3 straight in a row. Fedor either takes a huge pay cut or saves face and stays retired.

The copromote thing is out that's not something they are trying to do anymore.

Fedor will be signing with the UFC. I am going full shertard white belt here and proclaiming it as a 100% for sure thing.

Why?

Arovloski/Mir and Miocic/Rothwell all but confirm it.

But Dana said thet Werdum/Velasquez was next? 95% of what comes out of Danas mouth is a lie or a misdirection. In this case, Dana knows that there is always a chance Fedor gets weird and decides to go fight for OneFC or WSOF so Cain is the back up plan. He reads these boards, he knows NO ONE wants to see this rematch immediately.

Werdum/Fedor to headline the Super Bowl Card. Book it.

You're thinking in terms of our hardcore MMA bubble. Cain and Werdum 2 is by far the more mainstream fight the casuals want to see and Dana is desperate for the Mexican fans.

The copromote thing is out that's not something they are trying to do anymore.

Thats besides the point. Dana is not going to offer Fedor a deal even remotely close to what he offered before Fedor had 3 straight losses in a row. I just dont see him comming out of retirement unless he is broke.

Coker paid a lot of money for Fedor, and as he just pointed out when he said they couldn't afford him - Fedor went 1-3 in Strikeforce.

Sounds like Coker reached out to Viacom and they didn't think he was worth it. Coker would absolutely take Fedor if he could get him.

I do think WSoF has a very real chance of getting him and that bums me out. UFC or don't come back.

I also see a very real possibility of Fedor saying after a training camp that he doesn't think he can hang with the younger guys or just does a one-off fight for M-1. He's fielding offers to see what he can get but that doesn't mean he'll sign. I think he's just trying to see what he's worth to see if it's worth a comeback.

Old as dirt negotiating tactic? I dunno, for some reason I just can't believe Fedor will end up in the UFC.

the worldwide forum used to tell me that bellator had more money than the ufc because viacom is funding it

as if they have access to their parent companys funds lol

Sounds like Coker reached out to Viacom and they didn't think he was worth it. Coker would absolutely take Fedor if he could get him.

I do think WSoF has a very real chance of getting him and that bums me out. UFC or don't come back.

I also see a very real possibility of Fedor saying after a training camp that he doesn't think he can hang with the younger guys or just does a one-off fight for M-1. He's fielding offers to see what he can get but that doesn't mean he'll sign. I think he's just trying to see what he's worth to see if it's worth a comeback.

Can't see WSOF getting him.. For 1 fight they would have to pay him alone more than they pay 5 entire cards worth of fighters

Ridiculous. Viacom makes billions every year. That's BILLIONS. With a B. They wouldn't even notice a few million to pay Fedor.

This is the reason you do not run a multi national, or a lemonade stand.

Thats besides the point. Dana is not going to offer Fedor a deal even remotely close to what he offered before Fedor had 3 straight losses in a row. I just dont see him comming out of retirement unless he is broke.

Fair enough and that is probably true but he is still being offered a deal better then anyone else. Maybe he is broke who knows I sure as hell don't know his financial situation. Maybe he's not exactly broke but would like to get some more money to leave his kids or to be sure he'll be fine for years to come.

Back