Scott Coker says Bellator can't afford Fedor, Is the UFC only place that can?

I don't think Fedor will sign with anyone. His camp thinks he deserves millions, but only UFC can afford him. Dana will low ball him, since he holds all the cards, and it will just be like before.

How can it be low balling if it's the highest offer in the marketplace?

If anything, the only parties that you could argue are low balling Fedor are WSOF, ONE FC, and Bellator/Coker. And now that I think about it, if the UFC's offer is significantly larger than everyone else's, then you could argue that the UFC is offering to over pay Fedor given the actual market demand for his services.

If you're going to prosper in a capitalist society it might be useful to actually understand how the free market works.

That's good news. Come on Fedor, UFC is the only way to go.

If Fedor is too expensive for Coker who has Viacom money, I'm not so sure about UFC being interested in his signing. Dana is the kinda guy that would purposely low ball Fedor while having a shit eating grin on his face the whole time. Also...wtf is up with Coker? Around new years eve time he was talking mad smack about signing Fedor even though at that point he was retired.

Hmmm I remember back in the day when Fedors fanbois claimed Fedor would never sign with the UFC because he had too much integrity, and he did not fight for money but for the love of the sport.

Well, since one of the most famous Fedor quotes is the "that man has to be eliminated" one, which is pretty much him saying that he fights for money, it seems that this was the sort of claim you could have happily dismissed at the time, and completely forgotten about.

Pretty pathetic to hold a grudge over such an easily-refuted statement for this many years.

Coker trying to get the ufc to lowball him

If Fedor is too expensive for Coker who has Viacom money, I'm not so sure about UFC being interested in his signing. Also...wtf is up with Coker? Around new years eve time he was talking mad smack about signing Fedor even though at that point he was retired.
Coker doesn't have viacom money. Viacom owns Bellator not the other way around.

What kind of money is Fedor asking for, for a few organizations to say similar things? Fedor is not currently the best fighter in the world as he once was, so I hope him and/or his people aren't being too unreasonable. I don't think he currently has money worries. We just want to see him fight. Sounded like he did, too. If he ends up talking all this time about wanting to return and compete and he ends up not signing with anyone because of money, i'll be a little disappointed.

I like Coker for that. He doesn't play stupid games.

More like he learned from experience, since the deal with M-1 for Fedor helped sink Strikeforce.

"We haven't had any talks with Fedor and his people," said Coker, who promoted four fights with Emelianenko when he ran the Strikeforce promotion.

Coker gave the impression that isn't a direction he's looking at going, noting Emelianenko's price tag may not make sense for Bellator as a pure television product. He also noted Emelianenko went 1-3 in Strikeforce, and that it would be a difficult deal to put together."

- MMAfighting.com

Did Bellator see UFC's offer and decide to not even offer?

Where did Coker say that he can't afford Fedor?

u have a link or something. seems like he said "we haven't had any talks..." from what u posted.

How can it be low balling if it's the highest offer in the marketplace?

If anything, the only parties that you could argue are low balling Fedor are WSOF, ONE FC, and Bellator/Coker. And now that I think about it, if the UFC's offer is significantly larger than everyone else's, then you could argue that the UFC is offering to over pay Fedor given the actual market demand for his services.

If you're going to prosper in a capitalist society it might be useful to actually understand how the free market works.

Yeah. A good start would be to realize there is no such thing as a free market.

I did read a report about how UFC had a more lucrative offer though? Bellator was also mentioned. So not sure what is up with that.

good chance hes playing a game

Trust me, Bellator wanted Fedor. Coker probably knows the UFC is out bidding them and now coker is acting like its no big deal to not get Fedor..

My guess anyway

Coker is gonna act the same way when Pitbull decides to test free market after his contract expires. Brooks could do the same. In the meantime, people on Sherdog gonna talk shit about Bellator becoming big in the future and UFC fighters moving there because of Reebok deal. It's so good in Bellator that their HW champ don't even want to fight for them, FW champ would like to test free market and LW champ is saying he gives zero fucks about what the promotion is doing.

Coker at this point only cares about the freakshow fights that can pull ratings. Fedor doesn't pull any ratings and is hella expensive as a TV-only product. Why waste money on him when Kimbo vs. Herschel Walker can pull way more ratings.

Shut up shill. We all know you shill for UFC. Coker will save up the $$$ and wait for UFC fighters at the end of their contracts...that's a smarter move than signing fedor.

All the promotions can afford him...the question is...is it worth it at this point? It's just a matter of who wants to take the risk.

I did read a report about how UFC had a more lucrative offer though? Bellator was also mentioned. So not sure what is up with that.

I'm sure they made some sort of offer but realize they have next to no chance of getting it.

Yeah. A good start would be to realize there is no such thing as a free market.

For the most part there is a free market. The government doesn't set prices on UFC fighters. And there's certainly nothing stopping Belltor, ONE FC or WSOF from offering Fedor a higher offer. If the other organizations don't feel Fedor is worth the money that's an entirely conscious decision by the other organizations.

How many items that you buy are actually set through price controls? If there wasn't a somewhat free market then the prices of clothing, furniture and electronics wouldn't have declined in real world current dollars for the last decade plus.

Really, if you made a list of items that are price controlled it's pretty short. You have OPEC which an oligopoly, local utilities where are regulated monopolies, ethanol which is price floored by US trade mandate. And then...? The list isn't all that long.

Please do tell how the market isn't free in that prices are being set by some shadowy organization or government agency.

Back