Scott Coker says Bellator can't afford Fedor, Is the UFC only place that can?

"We haven't had any talks with Fedor and his people," said Coker, who promoted four fights with Emelianenko when he ran the Strikeforce promotion.

Coker gave the impression that isn't a direction he's looking at going, noting Emelianenko's price tag may not make sense for Bellator as a pure television product. He also noted Emelianenko went 1-3 in Strikeforce, and that it would be a difficult deal to put together."

- MMAfighting.com

Did Bellator see UFC's offer and decide to not even offer?

Viacom can't afford Fedor?! :icon_neut

Exactly. Viacom could afford to buy the whole UFC if they wanted. I know Dana and his shills don't want to hear it but Fedor is NOT signing with UFC.

Viacom can but Bellator cant.

Unless Viacom just to get Fedor is willing to lose their ass on every show he fights on.

Viacom can but Bellator cant.

Unless Viacom just to get Fedor is willing to lose their ass on every show he fights on.

Well, I don't think they'd lose a ton on "Fedor vs Tito" or "Fedor vs Couture" or even "Fedor vs Kimbo". They could bank on those fights if hyped right, along with a good undercard.

But Viacom has countless billions of dollars. Losing a few million on Fedor in order to get more viewers seems worth it.

Exactly. Viacom could afford to buy the whole UFC if they wanted. I know Dana and his shills don't want to hear it but Fedor is NOT signing with UFC.

Well, hopefully it's either UFC or Bellator. Fedor going to any other org would be pointless.

Too be fair I don't think Viacom is invested in Bellator as everyone thinks they are. The minute Bellator starts to lose them money, they will drop them. And if Viacom is ever losing money and they need to cut costs, I guarantee Bellator is the first asset to cut.

Too be fair I don't think Viacom is invested in Bellator as everyone thinks they are. The minute Bellator starts to lose them money, they will drop them. And if Viacom is ever losing money and they need to cut costs, I guarantee Bellator is the first asset to cut.

lol, to which Dana buys them up and adds them to his tombstone. :icon_chee

Fedor fighting in the UFC in 2016 CONFIRMED.

This is Coker just hyping up the Fedor signing. Viacom can afford anyone - hell, they could afford to buy the whole UFC if they wanted. Fedor has a great relationship with Coker and he'll definitely sign with Bellator. Looking forward to seeing some more M-1/Bellator cross-over fights by the end of the year.

Sherdog never fails to crack me up.

Fedor didn't fight for orgs that could afford him the last seven years of his career.

The suits at Viacom are not hardcore MMA fans and have no idea who Fedor is. It would be up to Coker to put his neck on the line to convince them that Fedor would be worth the money. When he tells them he spent a lot of money on Fedor in Strikeforce only to go 1-3, the suits will not be convinced. Coker knows this more than anyone, that's why he's saying this.

Dammit. This sounds about how it will turn out. :mad:

I'm actually upset I wont get to see Fedor vs Tito/Couture/Kimbo. I want all those fights.

Fedor, sign on the line which is dotted.

Ridiculous. Viacom makes billions every year. That's BILLIONS. With a B. They wouldn't even notice a few million to pay Fedor.

Frankly it sounds like Coker doesn't want him. Viacom can't afford??

Ridiculous. Viacom makes billions every year. That's BILLIONS. With a B. They wouldn't even notice a few million to pay Fedor.

i don't think you really understand how businesses work

Back