Scott Coker says Bellator can't afford Fedor, Is the UFC only place that can?

Good man, Coker. No games, he knows to turn a profit with Fedor they'd need to do a PPV and they don't want to stick their toes in that pond again for a while.

I won't even be the least bit excited about Fedor/UFC until Dana White announces it himself. Something always seems to fuck up in negotiations between those 2.

Just like strikeforce, he isn't worth the money for bellator.

Maybe Coker finally learned his lesson on overpaying fighters who bring no return of investment?

Why would Coker even think of signing Fedor when there's no plans for a Bellator PPV?

That would be like the UFC signing Fedor and only putting him on Fox. Minimal return on investment.

No worse than Affliction, they paid Arlovski 2 mil to fight Fedor, who they paid 300 k.

Gotta think part of that pay was a percentage and another part was advertisement of M1 Global.

6 months ago, Coker said that Viacom would put up the money to get Brock or anybody worth it.

I guess Coker learned his lesson (with Fedor)

That last line about it being a tough deal to put together because of his Strikeforce record, I think that means he wouldn't be able to convince the suits at Viacom to invest in a Russian guy they never heard of, who was a bust for Coker's previous company.

When the news that Fedor was coming back hit, I was 100% sure he'd fight some can in M-1. When Vadummy himself said Fedor wants to fight in the US and is no longer under contract with M-1, I knew it was UFC or bust. There's nobody in Bellator's HW division that could sell a Bellator PPV besides Kimbo, and I think that'd be a bad idea for Bellator in the long run.

dat reebok money.. $2500 should seal the deal

This is Coker just hyping up the Fedor signing. Viacom can afford anyone - hell, they could afford to buy the whole UFC if they wanted. Fedor has a great relationship with Coker and he'll definitely sign with Bellator. Looking forward to seeing some more M-1/Bellator cross-over fights by the end of the year.

this is coker just hyping up the fedor signing. Viacom can afford anyone - hell, they could afford to buy the whole ufc if they wanted. Fedor has a great relationship with coker and he'll definitely sign with bellator. Looking forward to seeing some more m-1/bellator cross-over fights by the end of the year.

lol.

according to reports Bellator did offer him a deal and UFC's deal crushed it so coker probably knows this and is saying we cant fuck with this deal so we are backing out.

He got burned signing Fedor the first time.. Signing crappy m-1 fighters then Fedor going 1-3..

This is Coker just hyping up the Fedor signing. Viacom can afford anyone - hell, they could afford to buy the whole UFC if they wanted. Fedor has a great relationship with Coker and he'll definitely sign with Bellator. Looking forward to seeing some more M-1/Bellator cross-over fights by the end of the year.

viacom could afford it but bellator doesn't have access to all of viacoms money. bellator works for viacom and has to produce a profit for them, not the other way around. viacom might help make the fedor deal happen if it were guarenteed to produce a nice profit but right now that isn't a sure thing.

The suits at Viacom are not hardcore MMA fans and have no idea who Fedor is. It would be up to Coker to put his neck on the line to convince them that Fedor would be worth the money. When he tells them he spent a lot of money on Fedor in Strikeforce only to go 1-3, the suits will not be convinced. Coker knows this more than anyone, that's why he's saying this.

Back