Scott Coker reflects on Fedor's latest win

Sweater of AV

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/S...t-Bellator-269-That-Was-Really-Special-182596

“That was really special,” Coker told assembled media after the event. “I’ve been in the fight game a long time and for him to really deliver in his hometown in front of all of his fans, it was really fun to watch. It was a real special night and like I said, being a promoter for so long there’s a few times that just capture that moment in time and really this was that night....He’s here and he’s proud to be here, all his people here, it was just an amazing night. Wow. Unbelievable.”

...."he threw some combinations at Tim that I was like, man, his hand speed is still there. His twitch speed is still there. He proved it. He proved to me he’s still the greatest of all time. ...“I was sitting around [Bellator Europe executive] David Green, and [American Kickboxing Academy coach] Javier Mendez, and Khabib [Nurmagomedov], and we were just talking about how, ‘Jesus. Unbelievable at 45 he can still bring it like that.’ It’s unbelievable, it’s like time just stopped for him.”

Coker's right as usual. For Fedor to walk into Moscow at 45 years old against a dangerous and much bigger opponent and obliterate him in the first round really is amazing. It will be sad when he's officially done but thankfully FedorTeam is going strong with many great fighters.

Full video of Scott's post-event interview (he discusses a few other topics as well):

It really was a great performance. He looked healthy, in shape, and had great movement. People who only think of Fedor blitzing forward winging shots should watch this fight. Fedor is dangerous going backwards or forwards, leading or countering.

This guy looks like the bad guy in every 90s action comedy.

It really was a great performance. He looked healthy, in shape, and had great movement. People who only think of Fedor blitzing forward winging shots should watch this fight. Fedor is dangerous going backwards or forwards, leading or countering.

Yeah his movement was very good and he looked in better shape than usual. At 45 and after two years off with health issues it was a very pleasant surprise.

It's a shame the UFC (Dana) never gave Fedor the respect he deserves. We missed out on a few interesting match-ups.

Fedor looks better at 45 then he did at 35

What gives?

sure... like timothy johnson wasnt going to let Fedor knock him out in russia... sure. Johnson would have probably came home in a body bag if he fought back.

sure... like timothy johnson wasnt going to let Fedor knock him out in russia... sure. Johnson would have probably came home in a body bag if he fought back.

Right, him winging hooks and uppercuts that barely missed was all an act.

Durrrrr

Right, him winging hooks and uppercuts that barely missed was all an act.

Durrrrr

Johnson wouldnt have gotten out of russia alive if he landed anything significant on Fedor.

Johnson wouldnt have gotten out of russia alive if he landed anything significant on Fedor.

Yep, I am sure Khabib would have jumped in and shot him in the head.

<YeahOKJen>

Yep, I am sure Khabib would have jumped in and shot him in the head.

<YeahOKJen>
Khabib is a bad examples he’s actually jumped into or out of cages and attacked innocent souls before

Back