News Scott Coker on MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani

@Ben Big Tuna Parrish how about getting on the November card in Florida against Gustavo Trujillo?
Manhoef -> Viktor Nemkov -> call out his bro if he's still champ:cool:

or the slower road if you want to gain more experience

Biyong/Wilson -> Neal -> one of Lyoto/Manhoef//Yoel -> Title shot:cool:

or a shorter one but more difficult

Augusto -> Polizzi -> instant contender

You can do it sherbro! @Ben Big Tuna Parrish

Last edited:
One of the interesting things was that Coker mentioned Bellator planning doing an event in Brasil in 2022. On one hand, IDK if they should be doing too many international events and should be focusing more on the US market. On the other hand, they could do a banger event in Brasil and maybe scoop a couple of good free agents.

One of the interesting things was that Coker mentioned Bellator planning doing an event in Brasil in 2022. On one hand, IDK if they should be doing too many international events and should be focusing more on the US market. On the other hand, they could do a banger event in Brasil and maybe scoop a couple of good free agents.
Seeing as UFC has already announced they are just gonna be running shows in Florida, Las Vegas, and Abu Dhabi for the foreseable future, I think trying to scoop up some of those international audience would go a big way. Better match making would go a long way in doing that.

It would be nice to have a big international promotion that isn't focused on the American market like UFC.

Really is weird they never went to Brazil. You had a market that was hot, even if its cooled off some now. You have Cyborg and Pitbull brothers, you had Wandy before and they still didnt go.

But they also had Rory and never went to Canada with him so who knows. They even have or had a pretty good tv deal I think.

Should have went years ago.

But now all you need is Cyborg and Pitbull brothers and you'd do fine, Cyborg is a big star.

Really is weird they never went to Brazil. You had a market that was hot, even if its cooled off some now. You have Cyborg and Pitbull brothers, you had Wandy before and they still didnt go.

But they also had Rory and never went to Canada with him so who knows. They even have or had a pretty good tv deal I think.

But now all you need is Cyborg and Pitbull brothers and you'd do fine, Cyborg is a big star.
Cyborg vs. Cat Zingano should be in Brazil.

Seeing as UFC has already announced they are just gonna be running shows in Florida, Las Vegas, and Abu Dhabi for the foreseable future, I think trying to scoop up some of those international audience would go a big way. Better match making would go a long way in doing that.

It would be nice to have a big international promotion that isn't focused on the American market like UFC.
I dont see the point in a Bellator event in Japan, however, an exchange of fighters would be cool. Also, Holland, Denmark, Brasil, Russia would be great places for expansion and scooping interesting free agents from the region.

I guess it has to do with the TV deals they have over there. Apparently, they have no TV deal in Canada so, I guess there it made no financial sensenin that aspect. Coker mentioned they had planned to do an event in Brazil but covid messed up the plan. He sounded like the event in Brazil was a done deal in the near future. Maybe not in early 2022 but he sounded confident it would happen soon.

LMAOOO @ Patricky VS Queally for the LW title

Shabliy and Usman would murk both of them

Good interview. Looking forward to their plans for 2022.

I dont see the point in a Bellator event in Japan, however, an exchange of fighters would be cool. Also, Holland, Denmark, Brasil, Russia would be great places for expansion and scooping interesting free agents from the region.
The event they did in coordination with RIZIN did wonders for their profile in Japan. A lot of Japanese fighters now see Bellator as a viable option internationally, instead of UFC. JMMA fans are now interested in Bellator, as well.

Back