Scott Coker is a hypocrite regarding fighter compensation

Are the people who make these kind of posts the same who think the moon landings are fake and 9 11 was an inside job?
???? What does my post have anything to do with conspiracy theories.

I bet people who make these types of posts are the same people believe that Obama is a lizard

It would be like Jeff Bezos giving a poor kid 100K to go to college while he makes 8 million per hour. If you don't see what I mean with that, I can't help you there
Your analogy makes no sense

But you keep raging against the system <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>

from last Bellator event:

View attachment 886986
View attachment 886987
View attachment 886988
View attachment 886989

these fighters are not raking in endorsement money either.

If you'd have done a little research, this thread wouldn't have been necessary.

Deon Clash, for example, is a no-name with ONE prior pro fight.

You think orgs with more money would sign him and pay him better?
You think smaller orgs would pay him better?
You think fighters should be making good money from the moment they take their first fight, before anyone has any idea if they're any good?

The UFC sucks, because they:
Pay out a tiny percentage of revenue to fighters. Bellator pays out a sizable percentage.
Take successful fighters and pay them less than a living wage and screw them out of image rights and sponsorships and don't them take outside fights, but still claim they are "Independent Contractors", because they're a powerful monopoly and have the power to do it. Bellator is and does none of those things.

???? What does my post have anything to do with conspiracy theories.

I bet people who make these types of posts are the same people believe that Obama is a lizard
Same kind of mentality as people who think everyone who doesn't wanna shit on the UFC all day because its boring is a shill or a fan boy.

Probably call everyone else sheep whilst since in your mums basement with a tinfoil hat on

The difference is thd ufc is supposed to be the tip pro level, strikeforce isn't. Striklleforce will have guys who are 0-0 on their cards. How much do you expect them to make

Your analogy makes no sense

But you keep raging against the system <Lmaoo><Lmaoo><Lmaoo>
I'm gonna say this the nicest way possible, but you are not the brighest bulb in the shed.

I'll say this in the most dumbed down way possible.

Man with big amount money giving a sum of money which is basically pocket change to him is not impressive.

But Corey got paid more than he ever did in UFC.
Corey made $978,000 in the UFC in 15 fights over 6 and $600,000 from bellator in 1 year and 3 fights.

Getting paid much better there but he made his name from the UFC and wouldn't be sniffing that of he was a career bellator fighter.

Same kind of mentality as people who think everyone who doesn't wanna shit on the UFC all day because its boring is a shill or a fan boy.

Probably call everyone else sheep whilst since in your mums basement with a tinfoil hat on
Because you have to be either very smooth brained or a fan boy to not understand how this post about Bellator prelim fighters doesn't absolve the UFC of it's practices

The Bellator structure is a little different. The bottom of Bellator cards are regional or new fighters fighting a one fight deal, and are not signed onto a multi-fight contract witg Bellator yet. The UFC only has fighters who've either established themselves as propects, or put together a decent record, and are fully signed onto the promotion.

Also, btw, the revenue the UFC rakes in is significantly more obviously. Bellator has a more respectable split despite this.

Actually, sponsor money usually does make a big difference. Its like if you would go work for a restaurant but couldn't keep your tip money, you'd be poor as shit.
Who do you think gets more social media sponsor money? A Bellator fighter or UFC fighter?
Lol the UFC spent 10 million to build a PI while it makes 400 million in revenue PER YEAR, and UFC fan boys will hold that over everyone's head forever.
12 million to build and what is the annual upkeep? How much are the employees of the institute being paid? Who manages the equipment costs? Now what does Bellator offer in comparison? Do better

Scott Coker is Bellator middle management and he says what he's told to say

Who do you think gets more social media sponsor money? A Bellator fighter or UFC fighter?

12 million to build and what is the annual upkeep? How much are the employees of the institute being paid? Who manages the equipment costs? Now what does Bellator offer in comparison? Do better
Even after all of that, they still have 400+ million in revenue AFTER OPERATING COSTS. Also lol, do you think the employees in the institute and upkeep is in the tens of millions. Do better

Why would any business give power to its employees?
They won't but it tends to give more stability and incentivize longterm thinking while reducing risky behavior.
Affliction/Strikeforce/where Rampage came from/Pride and add a few others)
Afflicting got counter programmed and had their heads up their asses in how to spend money and Barnett popped. Strikeforce got bought, Pride folded because Yakuza ties cost it it's domestic TV deals. None of them went away because of a 50/50 split. Not even sure all of them had that high of one.

The only place that gives less of a fuck than the UFC about people putting their life on the line for dirt pay is the military and at least those guys have health insurance.

Kept? Or invested it back into the company? Who paid for the UFC performance institute? Who pays for the UFC China program? Who pays for Apex center? What does Bellator provide in comparison?
Those things aren't really for fighters at large or even the sport. You'll notice that the Vegas PI, for example, doesn't offered free room and board to fighters who want to train there. Not to mention all those things easily made back their costs already.

I'm not sure what your point is

Are you bashing the UFC for building the PI?
Think of it this way, most fighters never benefit from the PI really. Ask them if they are happy the UFC built it or if they would rather fighters have gotten a 10 or 15 million bump in wage share. You think they'll say the former or the latter?

Yeah like Dana v Oscar they all exploit fighters but they exploit different classes. The class of fighter Dana exploits the most is compensated well by Bellator. The entry level fighters that will make peanuts in Bellator or boxing are compensated relatively well by Dana as homeless UFC fighters are worse for PR than top 5-10 contenders barely making it.
I think it’s a little bit more complicated than that. It’s easy to criticize the UFC for fighter pay but I we haven’t seen anyone come along and blow them out of the water in terms of compensation and my suspicion is that there are business model reasons for that.

Granted, the UFC is there to make money and so is every other org, and they likely don’t treat fighters ideally, but the question of “what do you pay fighters who don’t really draw money?” seems complicated when you’re trying to build an organization rather than just promoting an event(like boxing does)

Back