Scott Coker: Fedor Emelianenko coming back, but Bellator not interested

They don't have anybody for him. This might hurt Fedors bargaining power a little.. But not really, because Fesor will make the UFC a lot of money and get people watching in huge numbers, that's his bargaining power. Hopefully Fedor is willing to inderstand he isn't quite what he was, so makes it not too impossible for him to be brought in the UFC.

Simply put he is way to expensive and we have no fights for him.

I wouldn't say they have no fights for him. Fedor vs Kimbo, Fedor vs Lashley, Fedor vs Kongo. They aren't competitive fights, but they are bigger fights than anything anywhere else.

I think Coker wants to see Fedor's worth and what his drawing power is in today's economy. He probably felt burned or used in his previous deal, he wants to see how Fedor fairs in another promotion. Probably will come scoop him up if Fedor is still the draw he use to be.

I wouldn't say they have no fights for him. Fedor vs Kimbo, Fedor vs Lashley, Fedor vs Kongo. They aren't competitive fights, but they are bigger fights than anything anywhere else.

I think Coker wants to see Fedor's worth and what his drawing power is in today's economy. He probably felt burned or used in his previous deal, he wants to see how Fedor fairs in the free market.

I was thinking the same, previous deal probably left him with a bad taste? considering M1 was involved, but this time around I think Fedor is free of M1. Lets hope the UFC makes it happen at least sign him to a 1 fight deal.

I think Coker wants to see Fedor's worth and what his drawing power is in today's economy. He probably felt burned or used in his previous deal, he wants to see how Fedor fairs in another promotion. Probably will come scoop him up if Fedor is still the draw he use to be.

Those fights would e a travesty and shouldn't even be talked about. That would be short term bump for complete desecration of the sport. The UFC has the appropriate fights for Fedor, I'm glad Coker knows it, because eveybody else with a brain does.

You're reaching at best with those fights.

I don't think Fedor would even waste the time getting on a plane for those fights.

The reality is its all about money. With PPV points Bellator has no way of compensating Fedor outside of just paying him way more than they could ever get out of him. Fedor is bad business for Bellator as is any top UFC star. They simply don't have the revenue to support those kind of stars.

FREDDY is Zuffa bound. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. He probably is already signed to them.

Bellator isn't going to pay him $2-4m to fight on Spike. Makes no sense for them and they would never make a return on his fights.

Bigger than anything ...except the ufc. Kimbo is only "money" fight outside for him and rest are all the same.

Also, it will be next to impossible for Bellator to "scoop him up" if FEDOR is a big draw upon his return.

FREDDY is Zuffa bound. Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional. He probably is already signed to them.

Bellator isn't going to pay him $2-4m to fight on Spike. Makes no sense for them and they would never make a return on his fights.

I hope your right, but Fedor and UFC have never gone good together.

I hope your right, but Fedor and UFC have never gone good together.

We really don't know that..

Also, Fedor v Kimbo is a draw in the same way Fesor v Jose Canseco would be a draw.. Please stop pretending that's some kin of reasonable option. It's embarassing. Kimbo isn't that fkn famous, tbh. At all.

Those fights are Fedor vs Zulu- and Fedor vs Yuji Nagata-level fights. Absolute jokes. He might as well stay in Russia and fight nobodies for M-1 if that's the best on offer.

So much for Viacom money.

You're reaching at best with those fights.

I don't think Fedor would even waste the time getting on a plane for those fights.

The reality is its all about money. With PPV points Bellator has no way of compensating Fedor outside of just paying him way more than they could ever get out of him. Fedor is bad business for Bellator as is any top UFC star. They simply don't have the revenue to support those kind of stars.

I wonder if they have the resources to make even 1 bid on him?

wut
535.jpg

Well it looks like it's a matter of days - if not hours - before the anouncement of Fedor signing with UFC is made. I can't imagine Coker saying something like this if it wasn't official, unless of course he's trying to swerve us.

“I just felt Fedor is a great legend. He’s on the Mount Rushmore of MMA. We had a great time doing the fights together with Fedor (in Strikeforce) … I felt like we’ve done it already with Fedor.”

Bellator hasn't "done it already with Fedor". I guess Coker is saying he got taken to the cleaners by Fedor and M1 in the past and he's bitter or wary and/or he doesn't have the money to bid for him.

“Let’s let him come back and see how it works out for him, and then maybe we’ll have him fight a couple years down the line, or next year, or whatever. The door is open, but I felt like at this point, Bellator is kind of on a little bit of a roll here. Would he add a lot of value? Yes. But we’re just going to sit back and see what happens.”

I guess that means he thinks Bellator will be able to afford him if he gets cut from the UFC.

Back