Scott adkins teaching kicks

Technically in terms of TMA, I would put Adkins way above Van Damme but way below MJW.

Adkins is doing a hybridization these days, including home-cooked methods of delivery.

You got triggered by a taekwondo black belt making videos on how to kick

Well, the roundhousr kicks he uses these days are actually Muay Thai. Which makes sense since I thought he was doing them wrong for TKD

Well, the roundhousr kicks he uses these days are actually Muay Thai. Which makes sense since I thought he was doing them wrong for TKD

Sure, but having two different martial arts influence your approach of round kicking doesn't mean your technique is 'wrong' or that you're not qualified to demonstrate.

Sure, but having two different martial arts influence your approach of round kicking doesn't mean your technique is 'wrong' or that you're not qualified to demonstrate.

I have no idea who Scott Adkins is, but there's something pretty interesting. I just went to his channel and looked up his round kick video ("golden kick" ftw), then went back to the OP and watched the lead leg round kick video.

Wanna guess where I've seen someone kick with surprisingly similar form in a combat sport?

I have no idea who Scott Adkins is, but there's something pretty interesting. I just went to his channel and looked up his round kick video ("golden kick" ftw), then went back to the OP and watched the lead leg round kick video.

Wanna guess where I've seen someone kick with surprisingly similar form in a combat sport?

Do you mean that as a diss or a compliment?

Compared to his side kick, his roundhouse is way worse, for whatever reason.

Y'know what's funny.

The second I saw you had replied to me, I had a feeling that you'd have noticed the similarity between his kick and Shevchenko's. I've noticed it too.

They have a similar background, both are TKD blackbelts and both have significant exposure to Muay Thai

Last edited:
Y'know what's funny.
The second I saw you had replied to me, I had a feeling that you'd have noticed the similarity between his kick and Shevchenko's. I've noticed it too.
They have a similar background, both are TKD blackbelts and both have significant exposure to Muay Thai

The cool part is how well he explains everything, including the key parts of the mechanics such as pivoting to open up the hips, the proper path of the leg, and pushing off the ground to get the kick started. I've seen a lot of round kick tutorials over the years and his is one of the best.

Do you mean that as a diss or a compliment?

The fact that you don't know is a clear indication of how little your opinion is worth.

The fact that you don't know is a clear indication of how little your opinion is worth.

Considering that you in the past used women MMA fighters as derogatory example of technique, it's not clear at all.

I don't give a fuck really but since it was a chick, it did spark my attention

No it doesn’t but if you show a Muay Thai roundhouse to a Taekwondo expert, he will think it looks sloppy, and if you show a taekwondo roundhouse to a Muay Thai guy, he would say that you're hitting with the wrong part of the leg. In the case of Adkins, he is not doing either one, it seems. To me it looks off, but it might be because I mainly watch Muay Thai guys fight, instead of hitting stuff. It doesn’t look particularly powerful to me, especially the torque which looks lacking. . Again, this is from Taekwondo eyes..

Last edited:
The cool part is how well he explains everything, including the key parts of the mechanics such as pivoting to open up the hips, the proper path of the leg, and pushing off the ground to get the kick started. I've seen a lot of round kick tutorials over the years and his is one of the best.

Completely agree, I've seen very few people who break it down as well as he does

A guy as naturally gifted as Atkins could post a tutorial on how he opens a wet paper bag and I'd be like...

"shit I should think of that tomorrow when I train"

The guys literally that good!

I remember seeing that flick with Jia White..."Prison Fight 2"? can't remember the name right now and thinking.

"WTF? did he just do a jump spin hook, over rotate and kick with the other foot?"

I've been focusing on my base foot this last week making sure it's 180 degrees from the direction of focus after watching these tutorials...yeah I humiliated myself and watch the stretching one..."I'm not that flexible..."

Fuck u as u say that in a full split!

Guy's next level, no question!

Back