Scotch - best bang for your buck

Do you ever drink Laphroaig or any Islay Scotches? That's one hell of an acquired taste.
I love a peaty drink but it took me a long time to get used to that antiseptic taste off them.

I love the Islay stuff, but I always let people know before I share it, that it's a glass of peat and smoke.

Laphroaigh Lore is one of my favorites. Lagavulin 16 also holds up to most stuff that costs twice as much IMO.

I do enjoy Japanese whiskey and some good old bourbon and rye too

I highly recommend :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: from the Barrel.

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/57ef434b8419c2912d05c2ee/1520762531274-IHJ1QRZQIBT54G7O3J0I/:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:+Whisky+from+the+Barrel.jpg?content-type=image%2Fjpeg

I love Scotch, but I drink it a lot so I can't be buying the expensive stuff.
Johnnie Walker Red and Famous Grouse are both good budget whiskys, definitely the best for value.

Do you ever drink Laphroaig or any Islay Scotches? That's one hell of an acquired taste.
I love a peaty drink but it took me a long time to get used to that antiseptic taste off them.

Also

Can you do this all again but in £ please? You know, real money

oh god you're a laphroaig fan? You're my new best friend on here. @Clippy @Arqueto you guys are gonna have to battle for second place.

I love the Islay stuff, but I always let people know before I share it, that it's a glass of peat and smoke.

Laphroaigh Lore is one of my favorites. Lagavulin 16 also holds up to most stuff that costs twice as much IMO.
It wasn't the peatiness that hit me, there was a real antiseptic taste off it (like Germaline)

I've never come across it in any whisky other than a few Islay testers I treied over Christmas.
Three different ones and they all had the same scent/taste. I got used to it after a while, but I've not experienced it before

https://images.squarespace-cdn.com/content/57ef434b8419c2912d05c2ee/1520762531274-IHJ1QRZQIBT54G7O3J0I/:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:+Whisky+from+the+Barrel.jpg?content-type=image%2Fjpeg
Sounds like a rap album
#noracist

oh god you're a laphroaig fan? You're my new best friend on here. @Clippy @Arqueto you guys are gonna have to battle for second place.
I genuinely thought there was something wrong with it at first, do you not think it has an antiseptic taste?

I have to grab a bottle of something on the way home and the wife is away so I'm only catering for myself, I'm gonna get me one

I genuinely thought there was something wrong with it at first, do you not think it has an antiseptic taste?

I have to grab a bottle of something on the way home and the wife is away so I'm only catering for myself, I'm gonna get me one

nah i was hooked right away

3mb0fr.jpg

nah i was hooked right away
thinking about it I had a chest infection all over Christmas and nothing tasted right, so I drink it like a virgin tonight

you drink straight? I can't be dealing with ice or water, though I hear it is the proper way

thinking about it I had a chest infection all over Christmas and nothing tasted right, so I drink it like a virgin tonight

you drink straight? I can't be dealing with ice or water, though I hear it is the proper way

whiskey straight, coffee black, cigars unfiltered

macob.12yov35.jpg

This has replaced Glenmorengie Lasanta as my go to entry level Scotch.

This is pretty interesting.

One thing I will say is that price is often driven by hype and rarity and so can bare no relation to the quality, especially some of the more expensive stuff.

Nice to see Glenfarclas up there. I visited the distillery last week and they have sone great stuff.

Also good to see a lot of Islays on the list. I was out there for a week last November and visited everywhere apart from Coal Ila which was sadly closed. They had their whisk available at Lagavulin though.

My favourite distillery is Ardbeg. Good to see the Uigeadail up there, at that price point o think it's great value.
so true

I remember I could get yamasaki and other japanese single malts on the cheap.

cardhugr.png

Cardhu is my jammy jam.

If I’m hard up on cash I buy Highland Earl. 11 quid a bottle
Highland-Earl-Scotch-Whisky-1L-A.jpg

Not a fan of scotch. I can drink it, but it tastes like vomit to me. I would rather have a good whiskey.

Back