Scoring system changes

magicmarker

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
As a fighter or as a fan, would you be in favor of knowing how each of the UFC official judges had scored each round, immediately following the round?

I know it's pretty much standard in boxing to hide this, and mma has followed suit, but as a fighter I would absolutely want to know if I needed a knockout or needed to survive the next round. In pretty much every other sport played, you know if you are winning or losing at the end of the match. However in mma you can often see both fighters coasting through the final round and then raise their arms in victory as soon as the final bell sounds. Couldn't some fights be made a lot better if the fighters knew they were being screwed by the judges, granted it would lead to a little bit more coasting, but I think overall we would see more guys letting it all hang out if they knew how much they needed to win late rounds or score a KO/TKO/submission.

Thoughts?

double edged sword, sure a fighter might take a chance if he is down, but his opponent could try to gsp his way to victory if he knows he is up

I don't think it's good, like said above if you know you're up on rounds just coast, it takes insane amounts of losing to get a 10-8 so you know where you're at in a 1 point system

no. you don't need to know that shit.

Just accept the shit decisions like a man; it's just a "sport", and if this is all you have then fuck you.

Make wall n stall a penalty.
standupjoker.gif

Also, should decisions in extremely close fights really matter that much, it's not like the scores change what actually happened in the fight.

Makes me think of Marcus Davis when he fought Dan hardy, he really didn't like him and thought he did enough to win but didn't

I just hate to see guys coasting thinking they have a win, only to find out the judges were blind to the fight.

It's not standard in boxing. They have ex judges or commentators do their own scorecards. There are very few boxing matches mostly in bigger fights where one guy fights in someone's hometown where they reveal the scores every few rounds mostly every 3 rounds

double edged sword, sure a fighter might take a chance if he is down, but his opponent could try to gsp his way to victory if he knows he is up
Couldn't put it better, even if I took PEDs.

I just hate to see guys coasting thinking they have a win, only to find out the judges were blind to the fight.
I hate that too but mostly because I think a fighter should never coast thinking they won in a close fight

Horrible for fighters to know they're are 2-0 going into the third. They would just stall the whole fight.

Back