Score Shields/Maia Round For Round

Maia's my favorite fighter, but he lost 1, 2, and 3.

Of those rounds the 1st round was the closest, but Shields had more success with the time he had in the dominant position and that echoes throughout the fight. Maia was out-grappled. No way Maia won round 1 and if you score it a 10-10 then you have to score round 5 a 10-10 as well.

The rounds Maia won he just squeaked by. The 5th easily could have been given to Shields.

I had 1-4-5 Maia but you can make the argument Shields won round 1 and round 5. Certainly not a robbery by any means, just a close fight.

Fight should've been a draw imo.

5 people gave round 2 to maia rofl.

i expected rnd4 to be more heavily maia than it is.

Can't vote, dubs.

I had it

R1 Maia
R2 Shields
R3 Shields
R4 Maia
R5 Maia

Narrowly Maia 48-47

First three rounds for Shields, last two for Maia, fifth was closest round of all but I thought it went to Maia but knew it didn't matter, knew if it went to decision after the third that it should be Shields...

i have 1 and 4 for maia. not a fight i will rewatch, i know round 5 was close and could have probably went either way.

I thought shields took 1,2, and 3. But in reality 1 was close and Maia winning was more what the UFC and the fans wanted I think but is what it is. Shields fought smart. Shields also demonstrated that Maia as good as he is was not going to pose a threat to GSP.

Unfortunately, this seems to be the case. I didn't see the fight, but if Maia couldn't control Shields for a majority of the fight, he's not going to be able to hang with GSP.

I am crushed. I really saw Maia tearing through this division, and I know Shields is no slouch, the guy is very skilled, but if Maia can't convincingly beat him, I don't know what he would have for Georges.

I was shocked when I saw the results.

I had Maia winning rounds 1,2,4 & 5.

Massive robbery IMO.

Can't vote, I usually drink way to much when watching fights to remember each round crystal clear. I remember Shields deserving the win, but don't ask me to clarify.

I had a feeling judges would give shields round 1.

I had it Maia 1,4, and 5, but 5 was pretty close and shields controlled the last minute forty of round 1. I wasn't upset at the decision

1 and 5 could both be draw rounds.
2 shields.
3 was also close watching live i gave slight edge to maia. I remember seeing him land more good strikes standing and some decent GNP. he got the TD and some control. got swept close to the half way mark ircc and shields controlled the rest.
4 maia

haven't rewatched i may but not yet.

Shields won 2,3 and Maia won 4,5. The toss up round is the 1st.

That's it, no doubt about it.

Only the judges think otherwise.

Dude, what the hell was Bertrand's Shields 1,2,5 and Maia 3,4????

5 people gave round 2 to maia rofl.

i expected rnd4 to be more heavily maia than it is.

One of the judges scored round 3 to Maia, and the fight to Shields.

How crazy is that?

Back