Score Shields/Maia Round For Round

Shields won 2 & 3 for sure and Maia won round 4 for sure. 1 & 5 were close and could've gone either way imo. I gave 1 to Maia cause he had better positions and 5 to Shields based on aggression because neither guy did much of anything.

No option for 10-10 Rounds so...

1st: 10-10
2nd: Shields
3rd: Shields
4th: Maia
5th: 10-10

Shields, 49-48

1 could've gone either way
2-3 Shields
4 Maia
5 Maia for those two hard punches at the end

Sorry I'm a little drunk

Last edited:
I would have gone 10/10 in the 5 honestly. it was too tight. maybe if i rewatch it. i'd score the fight 48/48
maia 1/4 shields 2/3, at the end 10-10

Everyone can stop reading right there. :redface:

If you consider Maia standing there doing some footwork as pushing the pace, then you should go watch something else. You really never put up a real argument, it's just sad.

Keep trying, Supernova. I'll make you look stupid every time.

Oh wow, Maia landed 6 more strikes in the 5th round and people are acting like Shields got blown out of the water lol. Funny that those last few strikes were in the last 10 seconds and the rest of it was Shields doing those.. sadly, weak kicks and pushing him against the fence and failing TD's.

Shields pushed the pace, landed how many leg kicks, body kicks and jabs? and you're going to say that just a couple right hands from Maia > all the work Shields did?

Favoritism. This is like a Robot Chicken episode for fuck's sake.

I don't remember him landing very much of significance at all, and what he did land was a lot less powerful than what Maia landed. I guess you could say he pushed the pace with his several takedown attempts but he got stuffed every single time, so how does that amount to him getting the nod? Also I'm not acting like it was a blowout by Maia since he didn't do that much himself.

Maia 1,4,5. The poll will reflect this imo.

That's what I had. But R5 was the only round that could have gone either way, and I'd be curious to see if 2 of the judges scored it for Shields.

If you consider Maia standing there doing some footwork as pushing the pace, then you should go watch something else. You really never put up a real argument, it's just sad.

Keep trying, Supernova. I'll make you look stupid every time.

A CANadian Diaz fan? Ok Squirt. Tell us more wondrous stories of 209 nuthuggery eh?

Oh wow, Maia landed 6 more strikes in the 5th round and people are acting like Shields got blown out of the water lol. Funny that those last few strikes were in the last 10 seconds and the rest of it was Shields doing those.. sadly, weak kicks and pushing him against the fence and failing TD's.

Agreed, that he didn't blow him out of the water. However, yeah I barely weigh the more counter lefts(and a knee off the first stuffed TD) over the less body kicks. I weigh stuffing takedowns over aggression.

Ineffective Striking, Control > Ineffective Striking, Aggression

Still could've gone either way.

Maia 1,4,5. The poll will reflect this imo.

that's what the poll says right now and that's what i had too. i thought maia had the slight edge in 1 and 5, but either could have gone either way. pretty tough fight to call.

I think either a draw or shields decision. I don't think any I could agree with any scorecard for Maia.

shields 1,2 and 3 imo

If you made me choose, I would go with Maia 1,4 and 5. The reality though is I feel like both rounds 1 and 5 were a draw. If it was Pride scoring where you scored the fight as a whole, I would say Shields

How did Shields win the 5th? He got stuffed every time he tried a TD, was backed up in the last few minutes, had all of his head kicks blocked, and was getting caught with Maia's left.

Bad call. 48-47 Maia.

Back