Score Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier Round For Round

Watching it live my first instincts:

1: 10-10, could see 10-9 for either (but I did lean DC)
2: DC
3: DC, but close and could see 10-10, could accept Jones
4: Jones
5: Jones, but close and could see 10-10, could accept DC

At the end I knew Jones had it tho. Figured he'd score 1, 4, 5. 49-46 makes the fight sound more decisive than it was. I'd say that was slightly generous scoring. I think it's acceptable but I do think a clear, solid 48-47 is more reflective (Jones 1, 4, 5).

Hats off to Bones, he fought smart and fought well. And I'm gonna take off my analysis hat here and get real, but I'll keep it subdued ... if I were still a teenager - maybe up to early 20s - I'd be a fan of Jon's personality. As a fighter he's amazing - very well possibly the best right now, and absolutely worth being in talks for best of all time - but as a person I can't stand the guy.

Wall and stalling is doing something. Control.

And this is why MMA is going to shit.

What the hell does control mean really ..... when the hell did "control", "took his will", "worked harder", "grind out" become a real thing ?! These things mean shit. You either beat your opponent or you don't. All these thing are not fight related, they are cage related.

God please bring back PRIDE where there was no "rope control" and other similar bullshit.

PS
I had

1 Jones
2 DC
3 DC
4 Jones/Whatever
5 Whatever

This whole fight was whatever.

And so you won't think I am mad or anything, I will add in a couple of jokes to light up the mood:

"Jones GOAT" and "Black Fedor"

The amount of alcohol I consumed weighed heavily on me giving the fight to DC.

First round goes to Jones, he took Cormier down and controlled him against the fence a bit. They changed some strikes, Jones did a bit more and had better striking overall.

Second round Cormier, no doubt about it.

Third round could have gone to either one of them. Both had their moments. Nothing too significant happened though.

Fourth round clearly all Jones. Takedowns 'n all.

One slam attempt won't win fifth to Cormier, so it goes to Jones who was more in control of the hugging battle.

Jones takes it 49-46, as much as I hate it.

Had Jones 1,4 and 5. Cormier 2 and 3. 1 and 3 were really quite close but scored it for Jones and Cormier respectively. Fairly close fight but no doubt Jones did enough to get the nod.

RD.1 Jones
RD.2 Cormier
RD.3 Draw
RD.4 Jones
RD.5 Jones
Cormier was done after the third round

I scored rd 2 Cormier, rd1, rd4, rd5 Jones and rd 3 as a draw. 49-47 Jones.

Just re-watched the fight two times.

My first scoring

Cormier
Cormier
Cormer
Jones
Jones

Jones didn't do much with his elbows and Cormier got him with uppercuts. Also Cormier had the octagon control and pushed the pace for first three rounds which judges seems to be not counting.

Then I watched it again and realised Jones took the first. Your decision depends a lot which fighter you are staring more.

Jones
Cormier
Cormier
Jones
Jones

I wouldn't hate those people who say Cormier edged it out. This fight was closer than people think. If cormier works on his cardio he could beat Jones. I wanna see a rematch for sure.

So apparently at the time of this poll I had the fight a draw...intredasting...

Back