Score Jon Jones vs Daniel Cormier Round For Round

Overall JJ was dominant! That's it! As much as I would have liked it the other way around.
Not liking JJ should not take away our objectiveness into looking at a fight! Jones did to DC what DC said he would do to Jones, he took away his will and made him quit...DC didnt have it on him! Maybe he should walk around lighter everyday...not just cut for the fight! His cardio was shity.

All rounds but round 2 to Jones. And Jones won his rounds more clearly than Cormier won his. Judges seem to agree. Can't really see much room for debate about this one.

It was an east 50-45 for JBJ.

Surprised the judges saw rd 2 for DC. I didn't see anything there...

But whatever, it was a beatdiwn no matter what.

Nothing happened in the 5th I scored it a draw but gave it to Jones here for the simple reason of liking his shorts more.

If anyone gives cormier anything other than round 2 I can see why there's terrible decisions sometimes

You need glasses. Round 3 was definitely Cormier's best round ( and by the way, the only round the judges scored for him ).

Wall and stalling is doing something. Control.

No it isn't. It's just sitting there. If he had been throwing good shots sure call it control but he just sat there and it should have honestly been broke up.

You need glasses. Round 3 was definitely Cormier's best round ( and by the way, the only round the judges scored for him ).

Two judges gave Cormier round 2, one judge gave him round 3. Round 2 was a clearer win for Cormier than round 3.

i scored rounds 2 and 3 for cormier and the rest for jones giving jones a 48-47 win. The judges gave jones an extra round then what i saw but the end result is the same.

Jones
DC
Jones
Jones
Jones

Doesn't mean the fight wasn't close but there was no doubt who the winner was.

I had it 49-46 with the 3rd being razor thin to me

Round 2 was the round 2/3 judges gave to Cormier.

2 was decisive, 3 was for Jones aside from a good minute or two for Cormier

Last edited:
I can see the third being a bit tricky, but no matter how you look at it Jones got the W.

A lot of mad scramble with Jones dictating stuff in the early first but Cormier landing the best shots of the round in the last minute or so. I give it to either but Jones is the superstar so I assumed he would get it.

Cormier with the second and third with the third being pretty close. I just think Cormier was landing better shots in these rounds. Jones has a lot of flair and was trying to work the clinch, but I think Cormier with that dirty boxing was just the more effective fighter these rounds.

Jones obviously in the fourth.

I figured they'd give five to Jones, though I think it was really close. Just a lot of back and forth hugging with Jones having more seconds of control and with Cormier having the big moment where he got that big slam.

I think Herb Dean is a shitty ref, despite what some people believe, and I think Jones would have won a much more dominant fifth round had Herb split them apart instead of stand over there checking his cell phone. Cormier was tired and Jones apparently is a man of infinite strength as well as cardio as well as chin as well as wrestling. Jones is like that magic sword no one can pull out of the rock.

Round 1 was fucking close. And rounds 2 and 3 were Cormier's. This fight was actually fucking close on second viewing.

I had it....

Jones
Cormier
Cormier
Jones
Jones

3 was a close round....gave it to Cormier.....but could have gone either way. 3 to 2 or 4 to 1 for Jones....happy with either.

This.

According to the poll, DC won 2nd and 3rd round. So Jones won because of DC lack of cardio.

Back