Score Eye/Kaufman Round For Round

I think you might've misspelled "phenomenal"... oh, wait, now I get it--you did so intentionally!

Seriously, though, stipulating male heterosexual judges, can there be any doubt that "Evil" won the decision at least in part because she's way better looking than Kaufman? It's not exactly a P.C. notion, but I think it has a certain validity.

It's easier to see damage on a paler fighter. Eye won via a trip to the local Saf-T-Tan.

Eye
Kaufman
Kaufman

Kaufman got rob by the better looking girl, so nobody seems to care.

Did I think Kaufman win the fight? Yes. Did I think bad judging robbed her? Not necessarily. The final result wasn't bad (even though the exact details behind it were not good at all).

Honestly, it's time for some fresh blood. There is simply not enough fresh match-ups for Ronda Rousey. After Cat Zingano and Sara McMann, that would love Alexis Davis, but little else after that...until Jessica Eye came along. Eye is probably even better at 125, but considering how big she looks at 135 (and how dried out she was at the weigh-ins) she should at Bantamweight.

Eye won the first two but they were close. Sarah won the third decisively. Tough luck for Sarah.

The Rampage/Machida of WMMA fights, apparently.

Eye, Eye, Kaufman.

Beginning of round 2, no discernable damage on either fighter. End of round 2, Kaufman's eye is basically swollen shut. Not just discoloration or markings on a pale fighter (what an excuse!), but that side of her face was worked over because of counters, elbows and jab work. The most prominent of which occured at 3:46 in the 2nd; the exchange of uppercuts and elbows did the most effective damage that round. Kaufman's only punch (overhand right) was landed in exchanges, but to no effect, since Eye always had a counter to it. By the last minute, especially :49 and :37, it was apparent how outclassed the now flat footed Kaufman was as Eye was getting the better of exchanges due to quickness, just picking her off. She ended the round in control.

Kaufman just never found an answer for Eye's stiff jab and faster hands/footwork until late in the 3rd. She was effectively neutralized and exposed as a one trick pony (overhand right, easily countered). By the end of round 2 it was evident who put more work in. You can spit stats about who had more landed strikes, but as far as effectiveness goes, doesn't significant damage within a round show us who was most 'effective'?

To be honest, it doesn't really matter. I think there's a conceivable case that Kaufman won all three rounds, but it doesn't matter. There's a conceivable case that Jessica won the first rounds, too.

If Kaufman wanted to fight safe and boring, she would have won this fight. She didn't, and we should thank her for it. Instead of putting on safe, boring win when she was a champion, she decided to put on a better fight.

However, this leaves Eye as fresh talent. Kaufman has already lost to Rousey, and Kaufman winning would have killed a contender. Eye beating Kaufman puts her way ahead in the pack, right below Cat Zingano, Sara McMann, and probably Alexis Davis, and she might get one of those three. Eye might also get Liz Carmouche. If Tate loses, she probably gets Kaufman.

R1 - Eye (close)
R2 - Kaufman (close)
R3 - Kaufman (decisive)

I had all 3 rounds for Eye.

I agree with the judges on this.

It looks like the second round determined the fight.

10-9 Eye
10-10
10-9 Kaufmann

OT:
God damnit, Eye is hot! And than that husky voice of hers.

bump.

Not that i care much but this shows people had the 2nd round as almost even. Very competitive at the least.

For those that don't know this fight has been changed by the Texas commission to a No Contest.

bump.

Not that i care much but this shows people had the 2nd round as almost even. Very competitive at the least.

For those that don't know this fight has been changed by the Texas commission to a No Contest.

Kaufman just said on Twitter that she had nothing to do w/ the change of decision.

Yeah, it's head scratching that people said Eye clearly won that fight.

2nd was close and the third was the clearest one of the fight and for Kaufman.

Overturned! Haha. Total B.S. judging as most Sherdog posters realized. And then Eye acting like an idiot after the B.S. judging.

Sweet.

Back