Score Cowboy Cerrone vs. Ben Henderson Round For Round

Bendo won the fight. But I like how in the post fight interviews, Donald thought it was Bendo's third loss and he felt really bad, knowing Bendo should have won it. Then Ariel corrected him, and he said "Oh! Okay, cool, well then..."

Probably because he thought Bendo could have been cut after three losses in a row, and he didn't want that on his conscience.

I gave Bendo all 3. It was a bad decision but not a robbery as all 3 were close

Well thats funny, because he lost every round. What fight were you watching?

I guess right hooks to the kneecap aren't considered super effective strikes to most people.

Maybe we're just uneducated.

Well thats funny, because he lost every round. What fight were you watching?

The first two rounds were razor close, and to imply that Benson clearly won both is ludicrous. You would be worse than the current crop of MMA judges... which is saying something. Unless ... is that you Doug Crosby?

I remember giving rounds which cowboy landed half assed takedowns to cowboy due to nothing else happening, I think it was rounds 2 and 3.

29-28 Cowboy for me

"Little baby leg kicks don't count when it's the guy you hate that's landing them."

Sincerely, Sherdog.

First 2 rounds were close. 3rd was Benson.

I feel the judges gave Cerrone the first for coming forward

I've re-watched the fight and it's a close first round. Bendo landed some good shots - Namely a right hand and a body kick. Outside of that a couple leg jabs and some kicks but nothing overly noteworthy. Cowboy was the first to start landing, took the first minute of the round simply chasing Bendo down and finally landed the first shot with a clean left counter to the face. Bendo picked up around the 3'sh min mark to the 1 min mark. He won two minutes of the round fairly obviously I think. Cerrone won two minutes of the first round fairly obviously as well. So what's left is that last minute of inactivity that I give to Cerrone because it was the time spent chasing Bendo across the Octagon.

The second round I think is easily for Cerrone and I obviously the third round is the one with the most dispute.

"Little baby leg kicks don't count when it's the guy you hate that's landing them."

Sincerely, Sherdog.

It's still boggling to the mind. Isn't that the exact same argument you clowns use to give Diaz those rounds over Condit? Can you show any consistency in your arguments?

I thought Cowboy edged the first two rounds.

I could see the argument for the first round being a draw.

Round 3 was all Bendo.

I just watched it again.

It's funny when Bendo's attacks are dismissed as point fighting, yet Cowboy did it as much with all the baby leg kicks, and due to better defense Bendo landed like 4 of the top 5, and something like 8 of 10 of the most impactful strikes of the match. With that head kick in the 3rd, he was the only one to discernibly hurt his opponent. He was committing to and getting those knees and kicks to the body thru with semi regularity. He landed a few chopping leg kicks (aside from all the ellipticals). And he connected on a few solid over-hands.

I thought Bendo won all 3 rounds, and you at least should give him 2 of 3 unless you're really trying to find a way to give Cerrone the nod because of his activity or due to Bendo's past decision luck. Plenty of fans afterward all but admitted the latter was a factor in their scoring. But all fights should be scored independently, unless maybe it's a 50/50 like the one against Melendez was, but this one wasn't. I can hold the two thoughts in my mind that I don't feel bad for Bendo because luck evens out over time, but at the same time be annoyed by yet another bad judging decision, this time which adversely effected him.

Incidentally, Greg Jackson even said to Cerrone after the 2nd round Bendo was taking it to him, and according to many the 3rd was a round Bendo clearly won, but he still lost the fight?!?!

Bad judging is the real problem, it needs to be addressed. This "don't leave it in the hands of the judges" is a shameful response to a real problem.

But all fights should be scored independently, unless maybe it's a 50/50 like the one against Melendez was, but this one wasn't.

In all seriousness, it is a pretty close comprison to that fight imo. Neither guy wanted to take the risks necessary to win the fight convincingly - Cerrone by admittedly being hesitant to throw leg kicks for fear of being taken down, and Bendo by not wanting to open up his striking more for fear of losing the exchanges and, thus, the rounds.

Holy shit...Lol I dont think ive ever seen such a fight with such discrepancy with how people thought the fight went round by round.

It's actually kind of interesting, this fight down the line could be one of the staple fights for judgements

Exactly neither guy could say he got robbed.

I scored it Cerrone 1 mate agreed with me and 3 didn't. Seems about the average view.

Oh and i think scoring rounds as a draw is a cop out seeing judges score drawn rounds like 3 times a year.

I had 1 & 2 for Cowboy, 3 for Bendo.

I think this poll is more telling than the 'Who Won' poll, as it shows pretty close voting on rds 1 & 2. I gave both to Cowboy. I felt like Bendo won 3 more clearly than Cowboy won 1 or 2.

I still say that referring to this decision as a robbery is ridiculous.

Back