Scientists Found A Way to Disable a Gene Responsible For Obesity

are fat genes the same as mom jeans?
In some cases yes. ;)

s-l300.jpg

Inflammation causes obesity?

I can just take advil every night and stuff down egg yolks, steak, bacon, and other fat causing animal product.

Dont think it will work

Might not. But it did work on the mice in question. That's the point.

I could have solved this for them years ago. I've disabled the obesity gene by enabling my "go hard in the gym" gene. It works in conjunction with the "Eat responsibly" gene.

I should have published it, I guess.
You can only "go hard in the gym" for so long. It's much easier when you're younger, or don't have any children, or other priorities. Of course, you can always eat healthy, and that goes a long way, but not everyone will always have the ability to "go hard in the gym".

You can only "go hard in the gym" for so long. It's much easier when you're younger, or don't have any children, or other priorities. Of course, you can always eat healthy, and that goes a long way, but not everyone will always have the ability to "go hard in the gym".
41 and still going dads 70 and still goes
Maybe people are little bitches?

So weak pigs can still destroy their bodies by consuming way more than what's healthy? Great. How can we do away with personal responsibility in total? Please take care of me pah paw!

There is no gene "responsible for obesity". There may be genes that make it more likely, but no single gene forces you to shovel garbage into your craw.

I don't know why people are so opposed to science on these sorts of topics. It's been clear for some time that something more is at work here.

If you take in and store an extra 50 calories per day from your mid teen years, you'll gain 5 lbs per year and by the time you're 25 you'll be 50 lbs overweight. By the time you're 35 you'll be 100 lbs overweight. 50 calories is a piece of plain toast.

The recent science has been pretty clear that some bodies are genetically predisposed to take that extra 50 calories and burn it through metabolic processes or even tissue repair and/or muscle building. Other bodies are genetically predisposed to take the extra 50 calories and store it as fat.

That's not fat people conspiring to develop some sophisticated propoganda machine. That's just what the science tells us.

Why does that make people mad?

I see "fat" and "obese" as categorically different.

What is the criteria for "obese"? Mark Hunt would be obese by any medical definition.

I disagree with that (I'm similarly fat like him) but just curious.

High fat diets weren't what was making people obese though. It was wild amounts of sugar and carbo loading for a 10 hour video game session. Nobody was obese from eating too many almonds.

So weak pigs can still destroy their bodies by consuming way more than what's healthy? Great. How can we do away with personal responsibility in total? Please take care of me pah paw!

Ugh. The friggin' point of the research is that the "weak pigs" aren't eating any differently from most of their thinner peers. The difference in their appearance and weight is a result of a gene difference that makes the bodies of the "weak pig" group predisposed to burn less energy and store more calories as fat, and makes the bodies of the thinner, more "disciplined," group predisposed to burn more energy and store less fat.

... despite the fact that both groups are essentially eating and doing the same things.

Why is it so tough for you guys to read and understand the article?

I could see this doing more harm than good if people eat all the shit they want stay skinny and die of a heart attack at 35.

Yeah, fat-fuck-itus is a deadly disease, this new breakthrough surgery of sowing the victims mouth closed is great for the healthcare system.

41 and still going dads 70 and still goes
Maybe people are little bitches?
Seriously. You don't need to "go hard" at the gym to be fit and healthy. Just moderately being active for most people fends off some weight gain and health problems.

The problem is you have these pussies that hit the gym once or twice, start getting sore and quit right away. Buncha fa**ots.

High fat diets weren't what was making people obese though. It was wild amounts of sugar and carbo loading for a 10 hour video game session. Nobody was obese from eating too many almonds.

Everyones body is a bit different but as you get older your body changes and it starts storing energy. If we were wild animals who had to hunt it makes sense (the older you are the shittier you would be at catching food) so when people eat these high carb diets your body stores it all instead of using it.

I started eating low carb over a year ago ( i wasnt fat, 5'9 165ish). I have always been very active playing tons of sports and I thought by body was breaking down due to wear and tear. After a few months my body feels better at 35 than 25. All my swelling and nagging injuries disappeared.

Seriously. You don't need to "go hard" at the gym to be fit and healthy. Just moderately being active for most people fends off some weight gain and health problems.

The problem is you have these pussies that hit the gym once or twice, start getting sore and quit right away. Buncha fa**ots.
I mean I lift heavy but I have specific goals. Doing a workout a few days a week, we all need resistance training, and throwing in cardio is not hard. Put an ebook on.

Back