Scientific studies are overrated

You know what that sounds like? A well designed screen. Thanks science!
I used the screen/pixel as an analogy.
Same could be said for anything. minerals in a stone, fibers in a thread, etc..

In a hypothetical world without science or technology, the human race would still exist today

This OP gave me cancer. I hope there is some kind of research that has developed a treatment.

Science and technology attempts to improve the world, but in reality offers little benefit, and more problems. death by disease is part of the natural biological cycle.
OK you're just being a weirdo now.
Go back to playing fortnight or listening to ipods or whatever you do to deal with the unfairness of existence.

OK you're just being a weirdo now.
Go back to playing fortnight or listening to ipods or whatever you do to deal with the unfairness of existence.
Im being honest. People dont want to accept it. antibiotics barely helps. Were helping bacteria build immunities, while we lack them

I used to be a big science-head, thinking the scientific process was the closest thing possible to objectivity. After years of observing and seeing the ebbs and flows of research, I can confidently say that it contradicts itself constantly. Everything we think we know about science today, debunks itself in 10 years, and then everything we think we know in 10 years gets debunked.

Research said that egg yolks and chicken skin/fats were bad for cholesterol 20 years ago. now they're allegedly good for your health. 10 years from now research will show that they're bad again

Research suggested that pot was bad for your health and mind, now its considered some miracle drug with no adverse side effects. and in a few years, research will show that its actually bad for you

research showed that intermittent fasting was good for you in the 70's. Then in the 90s It was bad, and now its good for you again lol.

Research also contradicts itself in terms of physics; everything we thought we know about physics get debunked when observed on the quantum level.

Freud was once considered The Godfather of psychology, now he is considered a pseudoscientist.

SSRIs were prescribed as antidepressants, when recent research shows that depression has nothing to do with serotonin.

science doesn't know anything aside from what they found in that specific study. meanwhile, plenty of other studies contradict it.

fuck this, im goin back to Jesus

all i see is a really arrogant person with a very poor understanding of science, and you are unhappy that it wasn't super easy and convenient for you to pick up.

it's really strange that science is being defined by retards. this whole anti-science movement may very well be our downfall, it's just making us so fucking stupid.

all i see is a really arrogant person with a very poor understanding of science, and you are unhappy that it wasn't super easy and convenient for you to pick up.

it's really strange that science is being defined by retards. this whole anti-science movement may very well be our downfall, it's just making us so fucking stupid.
Science is overrated. You view it as Dogma. I'm also certain that I have a better understanding of science than you, Ive conducted multiple peer-reviewed case studies, myself..

Let me guess you like to argue with and berate theists

Ts. You’re totally right. Should go someplace where they don’t do science at all. Lol.

Reality is science is difficult and not straightforward the same as life.

Science has made substantial progress over time and that’s easy to see on many fronts.

But you’re right that there is a lot of bad research and because of basic statistics there are many studies that conflict with each other.

I used to be a big science-head, thinking the scientific process was the closest thing possible to objectivity. After years of observing and seeing the ebbs and flows of research, I can confidently say that it contradicts itself constantly. Everything we think we know about science today, debunks itself in 10 years, and then everything we think we know in 10 years gets debunked.

Research said that egg yolks and chicken skin/fats were bad for cholesterol 20 years ago. now they're allegedly good for your health. 10 years from now research will show that they're bad again

Research suggested that pot was bad for your health and mind, now its considered some miracle drug with no adverse side effects. and in a few years, research will show that its actually bad for you

research showed that intermittent fasting was good for you in the 70's. Then in the 90s It was bad, and now its good for you again lol.

Research also contradicts itself in terms of physics; everything we thought we know about physics get debunked when observed on the quantum level.

Freud was once considered The Godfather of psychology, now he is considered a pseudoscientist.

SSRIs were prescribed as antidepressants, when recent research shows that depression has nothing to do with serotonin.

science doesn't know anything aside from what they found in that specific study. meanwhile, plenty of other studies contradict it.

My thought process wasn't he same but I have basically come to the same conclusion recently.

I guarantee that if we never conducted a scientific study, the human race would be completely fine. Science makes little to no difference in the grand scheme of things

How fine will the human race be when the sun turns into a red giant and engulfs the earth in a giant ball of flame and consumes it?

Not saying humanity will necessarily make it that far anyway, but the only possible way to outlive that is interstellar travel (or some other means of surviving without a sun) and everything leading in that direction is the direct result of science.

Anyway, yeah we're wrecking shit around here left, right and center. But we're also pretty much guaranteed to go extinct in five billion years at the absolute latest unless science solves the problem or somebody comes up with something better than science.

Last edited:
Ts. You’re totally right. Should go someplace where they don’t do science at all. Lol.

Reality is science is difficult and not straightforward the same as life.

Science has made substantial progress over time and that’s easy to see on many fronts.

But you’re right that there is a lot of bad research and because of basic statistics there are many studies that conflict with each other.
progress in what way? the human race was fine before the scientific method. did people die back then? yes. do people die now? yes.
in fact, despite high infant mortality and ubiquitous war, suicide rates were lower on average.

You'd think people would be happier given how much easier their lives are.

Making two possibilities a reality
predicting the future of things we all know
fighting off the diseased programming
of centuries, centuries, centuries, centuries
Science fails to recognise the single most
potent element of human existence
letting the reigns go to the unfolding
is faith, faith, faith, faith

Science has failed our world
science has failed our mother earth

Science fails to recognise the single most
potent element of human existence

science has failed our mother earth

Spirit-must rule all things
Letting the reigns go to the unfolding
Science has failed our mother earth
Spirit-moves-through-all-things
Spirit-moves-through-all-things {{{{{{{{spirit must rule all things!!!
Science has failed our mother earth

progress in what way? the human race was fine before the scientific method. did people die back then? yes. do people die now? yes.
in fact, despite high infant mortality and ubiquitous war, suicide rates were lower on average.

You'd think people would be happier given how much easier their lives are.

I don't think people were very happy back when they were being burned as witches or trapped in slavery all over the world, dying from cholera or being crippled by polio.

Galileo was almost executed by the Pope because he said the earth went around the sun.

I'm sure it's pretty easy to picture romantic times in history as idyllic and adventurous, but they were only adventures if you were on the right side of the line when it came to nobility or race or religion. Wrong side and you're getting burned at the stake, thrown off the side of a slave ship, watching your daughters get raped by nobles, etc.

tenor-247222020.gif

Unbiased research and scientists are getting harder to find...

There’s too much money finding research supporting special interests.

Your examples from the food industry are prime examples of exploited and corrupt research.

You didn't need to make this thread to convince us that man made global warming is over hyped bullshit

<{ByeHomer}>

nothing’s perfect. like fake boobs.

Back