Scientific studies are overrated

Diogenes of Sinope

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I used to be a big science-head, thinking the scientific process was the closest thing possible to objectivity. After years of observing and seeing the ebbs and flows of research, I can confidently say that it contradicts itself constantly. Everything we think we know about science today, debunks itself in 10 years, and then everything we think we know in 10 years gets debunked.

Research said that egg yolks and chicken skin/fats were bad for cholesterol 20 years ago. now they're allegedly good for your health. 10 years from now research will show that they're bad again

Research suggested that pot was bad for your health and mind, now its considered some miracle drug with no adverse side effects. and in a few years, research will show that its actually bad for you

research showed that intermittent fasting was good for you in the 70's. Then in the 90s It was bad, and now its good for you again lol.

Research also contradicts itself in terms of physics; everything we thought we know about physics get debunked when observed on the quantum level.

Freud was once considered The Godfather of psychology, now he is considered a pseudoscientist.

SSRIs were prescribed as antidepressants, when recent research shows that depression has nothing to do with serotonin.

science doesn't know anything aside from what they found in that specific study. meanwhile, plenty of other studies contradict it.

fuck this, im goin back to Jesus

Last edited:
do you know a better alternative process than scientific analysis?

do you know a better alternative process than scientific analysis?
nothing. they're just a waste of money.
We're just shooting ourselves in the foot. Everything we've done has just led to more problems; even penicillin and technology

Last edited:
I used to be a big science-head, thinking it was he closest thing to objectivity that was humanly possible. After years of observing and seeing the ebbs and flows of research, I can confidently say, that it contradicts itself constantly. Everything we think we know about science today, debunks itself in 10 years, and then everything we think we know in 10 years gets debunked.

research said that egg yolks and chicken skin/fats were bad for cholesterol 20 years ago. now they're allegedly good for your health. 10 years from now research will show that its bad again

research said that pot was bad for your health and mind, now its considered some miracle drug with no adverse side effects. and in a few years, research will show that its actually bad for you

research said that intermittent fasting was good for you in the 70s, then in the 90s It was bad, and now its good for you again lol.

research also contradicts itself in terms of physics. everything we thought we know about physics get debunked when observed on the quantum level.

science doesn't know anything aside from what they found in that specific study. meanwhile, plenty of other studies contradict it.

fuck this, im goin back to Jesus
Science isn't easy. Your conclusion is evidence of that.

Try harder.

noting. we're just shooting ourselves in the foot. everything we've dont has just led to more problems. even penicillin and technology

so your solution is to do nothing. i think there might be a nice home for you somewhere like Botswana

The constant state of change is why science is necessary.

Believing bullshit is not the way, and correcting it, is.

so your solution is to do nothing. i think there might be a nice home for you somewhere like Botswana
I guarantee that if we never conducted a scientific study, the human race would be completely fine. Science makes little to no difference in the grand scheme of things

The constant state of change is why science is necessary.

Believing bullshit is not the way, and correcting it, is.
science doesn't correct bullshit. everything we think we know gets debunked constantly. Science barely knows a fraction of incomprehensible perceived reality. If we never cured disease, or created antibiotics, the human race would still be around.

Last edited:
You have to look at the papers not the articles. Saw an article talking about how something was bad. But the study was 9 people over like 3 months.

You can't empirically prove that empiricism is the best way to prove things.

One study doesnt mean much, but a collection of studies shows results. If you get a result from a single study, nothing is proven. They gotta do it a boat load of times to get the same result over years of research for studies to be accurate.

They're still useful.

I guess without science, you dont have a lot of the things you take for granted.

Word.
Truth is only present when bias is absent.
Ego is the source of our bias.

Get rid of the ego to get to the truth.
i.e. kill yaself, eh?

I kid, I kid. Hang in there, fellers.

Last edited:
They get more right than anyone else.

That's why things like the infant mortality rate went from between 30%-50% in the Middle Ages to ~0.6% in the USA today, for example.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infant_mortality
https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm4838a2.htm

You ever read anything by Percy Shelley? You should check out his bio.
that wasn't really solving a problem though. infant mortality was that way for a reason. longevity, antibiotics and raising population just led to more problems that would have been solved naturally.

I guess without science, you dont have a lot of the things you take for granted.
because thats all I know. If I never had he luxuries of science, I would be fine as well, suicide rates are higher today in comparison, despite people facing more hardship and adversity some 100+ years ago

Its a self correcting mechanism, how else can we learn about the nooks and crannies of the world without it?

Back