School bans American flag...

They are banning kids from flying flags on their cars/trucks. Why because there's been a huge uptick in idiots driving up to a high school with the confederate flag flying from their vehicles.

1. The urge to ban speech you don't like is an ugly one, especially when it comes to politics.

2. Why be even-handed? Banning all flags because you don't want anyone flying the Confederate flag is even stupider than just banning the Confederate flag.

3. Whoever came up with this policy should be fired.

1. The urge to ban speech you don't like is an ugly one, especially when it comes to politics.

2. Why be even-handed? Banning all flags because you don't want anyone flying the Confederate flag is even stupider than just banning the Confederate flag.

3. Whoever came up with this policy should be fired.

Guess what? It's a public school. So students flying a flag that is associated with slavery and white supremacy goes well beyond the first amendment.

The fact that they banned all flags was completely about people bitching about the banning of displaying the confederate flag.

This is almost in my back yard. From what I can tell, the media mislabeled the issue and made it sound like Dickson County was banning all flags, when they were basically banning people driving around with flags in the back of their pickups. So it's much ado about nothing.

I will say, after seeing hardly any Confederate flags around, after the whole backlash against the Rebel flag, I've seen an exponential amount of people specifically in the city of Dickson driving around with their Rebel flags in the back of the pickup. My guess is that this school district simply wanted to avoid the controversy so they made a school standard in the name of "safety." I can definitely see why.

This is almost in my back yard. From what I can tell, the media mislabeled the issue and made it sound like Dickson County was banning all flags, when they were basically banning people driving around with flags in the back of their pickups. So it's much ado about nothing.

I will say, after seeing hardly any Confederate flags around, after the whole backlash against the Rebel flag, I've seen an exponential amount of people specifically in the city of Dickson driving around with their Rebel flags in the back of the pickup. My guess is that this school district simply wanted to avoid the controversy so they made a school standard in the name of "safety." I can definitely see why.

Much ado about nothing?

Nah, one world government and multiculturalism and such

if you are offended or intimidated by the american flag, then perhaps you are living in the wrong country.

donald trump will crash and burn at some point. but before he does, i think he has done a lot to get the masses to realize that we dont have to bow down to everyone that is offended by everything. hopefully it spreads and we all tell people pushing for shit like this to kiss our ass

Maybe....Where I live in Virginia there has been a real backlash to all this non-confederate flag business. I see dozens of douches riding around in their pick up trucks displaying the flag waving through the air on their trucks. The local courthouse had a pack of hillbillies walking along the perimeter of the courthouse with confederate flags in hand in protest of South Carolina removing their confederate flag (lol). There is another gigantic confederate flag flying over I-95 in my town which is on private property that overlooks I-95, I can only imagine the rage of all the social justice warriors as they drive past it.

As opposed to the rage of the confederate flag SJWs? Cause its the same shit under a different name

I'd rock these every day in protest. And not wash them.

film-napoleon_dynamite-2004-rex-diedrich_bader-us_flag_pants.jpg

How is that different from what you normally do?

Never got the flag followers, if I raised any flag I would want our nation to be at a great time in history with prosperity. Current time seems to be a tad confused right now maybe couple hundred years raise that baby with purpose when we have sustainable accomplishment. :icon_chee

They tried to ban the American flag in Japan once and it didn't turn out well for them. MERICA!

WW2_Iwo_Jima_flag_raising.jpg

this is one of the initial steps towards a totalitarian government.
ban ALL flags, insignia, etc of every group to create a subservient, homologous population.
and then tell them what things they can and cannot display, in the interest of "diversity" and "all inclusiveness".

it's a sham. we're all being hereded toward the same fate, total abject servitude.

tumblr_m4hd8eSVmJ1qepij6o1_500.gif

tumblr_m4hd8eSVmJ1qepij6o2_500.gif

tumblr_m6cbkrmxkF1qg462ao2_500.gif

If they didn't want the battle flag on school grounds they should have found a better way of going about it.

The U.S. flag should never be banned anywhere in the U.S. on any public property.

casket08.jpg

If you're offended by a flag of any kind . . . you might need to rethink things.

Is America the only country on the planet where its own flag is banned from schools?

They going to ban the Rainbow flag as well? I mean hey its offensive to some, if they want to go down this path

Guess what? It's a public school. So students flying a flag that is associated with slavery and white supremacy goes well beyond the first amendment.

The fact that they banned all flags was completely about people bitching about the banning of displaying the confederate flag.

1. It's funny how often administrators at public schools are at odds with the public.

2. I am no fan of the Confederate flag. I see little appeal in a traitor's cause, and am glad they lost. However, it is quite easy to see that many of the people who sport confederate flags are associating them with things other than white power.

There is certainly an element of racism related to the flag, but most of the current grandstanding is extremely political in nature, and the party most moving to ban the flag has been the one most historically related to it and that has been happy to exploit it as a symbol through the decades. And of course, the move against the flag seems to many Southerners to be part of a larger campaign against their culture as a whole, which feelings are probably exacerbated by the openly negative attitudes many federal politicians have toward southern culture.

In short, it's complicated, and a blunt ban on all flags is an obtuse measure, as banning political speech almost always is.

3. Nothing is stupider and more totalitarian than trying to appear unbiased by banning everything rather than by banning the specific thing that is deemed offensive. So because you think some rednecks have a racist flag, you think nobody should have any flags in the name of fairness? What kind of fairness penalizes everyone for the alleged sins of the few? Shit like that is Orwellian and ugly.

If they didn't want the battle flag on school grounds they should have found a better way of going about it.

The U.S. flag should never be banned anywhere in the U.S. on any public property.

casket08.jpg

God damn this!

I have no love for the confederates, even being brought up around it, but old glory should be welcome anywhere on public grounds

awww.. you americans are so cute with your mickey mouse ways.

They did this in my school in Sweden like 15 years ago. If it's any consolation, people thought and felt the same way you do.

In the end it affected seemingly nothing.

If this is true (I haven't searched for better sources), I will actually hop on board with this outrage train. If it's a public, state-subsidized school, there should by no means be banning of the state or federal flag. That's just silly.

Back