Schilling in Glory 27 Chicago?

Is how Schilling not fighting for money?
yes but i've read on many occasions that thai will fight anywhere everywhere for money because they often come from very poor backgrounds and entire families depend on them. alot of western fighters don't. like I said, apples and oranges

yes but i've read on many occasions that thai will fight anywhere everywhere for money because they often come from very poor backgrounds and entire families depend on them. alot of western fighters don't. like I said, apples and oranges
There is no need for Schilling to brag about taking a fight with that much notice.

When Sittichai fought in that 8 man tournament he didn't make any facebook post saying how much of a bad ass he is. He just done his job, he went there, destroyed and won. Flew in the day before the flight, with a few days training and won

as if that is comparable. thai often need every pay check to survive, they're much poorer than western prize fighters. apples and oranges. also if somehow a carreer ends unexpected for a western fighter, there's enough to fall back on.
you really are stupid/ racists aren't you! sittichai made more money in 2015 than joe schilling so what is your excuse this time. sittichai made around 370k in the last year without that tournament so he isn't exactly fighting to feed himself genius

I thought Sittichai made $150,000 in his last tournament for Kunlun but according to some Chinese guy: 10000000 Chinese Yuan (which was on that check) is equal to $1,520,000. Bro that's more then what most UFC fighters and pro boxers make.

I thought Sittichai made $150,000 in his last tournament for Kunlun but according to some Chinese guy: 10000000 Chinese Yuan (which was on that check) is equal to $1,520,000. Bro that's more then what most UFC fighters and pro boxers make.
You sure you didn't add an extra zero on there?

You sure you didn't add an extra zero on there?
That's what I thought at first. He couldnt of made 1.5mill lol but a Chinese guy commented saying it was. I tried to correct him saying it wasnt and then another chinese guy jumped on and said he read the check and was sure it was 1.5million.

well that clears it up then, two random Chinese guys can't be wrong :p

Well might as well post once more since Broadcast is back!

Every mention of the prize money I saw prior to and after the finals was 10mil (~$1.5mil).

there were sites saying the prize was 10million yuan but it was really 1million. From what i heard they just gave it to him as 150k in U.S. cash.

if he would have won 1.5 million u.s. he would have probably retired on the spot

Last edited:
150k sure as hell sounds more realistic, but if he pulled 1.5mill that's awesome. I'd imagine Sitsongpeenong is collecting a healthy chunk.

if he would have won 1.5 million u.s. he would have probably retired on the spot

Yeah but why retire when you can keep making more especially in his prime? And some fighters are passionate about fighting. Its not just about money even thou money is one of the most important things.

Yeah but why retire when you can keep making more especially in his prime? And some fighters are passionate about fighting. Its not just about money even thou money is one of the most important things.
from everything i have heard about sittichai he is not a really a natural born fighter. He is very laid back and not confrontational by nature. If he was given a large sum of money like that where he could live the rest of his life and still helps his parents i really doubt he would still fight. Fighting has always been a means to an end for him and not something i think he does out of passion or love for the sport

Still no official word on Schilling...but good news it that he is once again listed in the rankings for Glory (#1)

I suspect if he posted it, it is true. From my time knowing Joe he would have been excited to be fighting and took to FB to let his friends know. He's always wanted to see the sport grow and isn't afraid to promote.
I started training at The Yard with him back in '07 and while some may say he is arrogant or that he was bragging etc That's all BS. I've known this dude and trained with him for years.
Exceptional dude, fighter and trainer. Smart about promoting and believes in himself (as he should)

He made a name for himself, talking big and then backing it up. He lives the sport.
Got tickets to Glory 27, hope to see him there!

Also...Sittichai is a boss!

Back