Schaubs comedy is so corny and cringe it's unreal people watch that

so he's not funny unless his friends are around?
standup is a pre scripted act, right? Put schaub in a podcast with people he knows well and he is, to many people, spontaneously funny. He has gotten funnier since the early days of tfatk. He and theo von play off each other really well.

so he's not funny unless his friends are around?
The same can be said for a lot of comedians. But yes, as a standup in the very beginnings of his career- it helps to have guys like Theo, D'elia & Callen around to crack jokes with.

He is awful, not a natural in either fighting or stand up comedy.

The food truck thing I saw with Usman was pretty good I thought, it was much easier to watch where he is just talking with him and asking some interesting things.

Last edited:
At least he is trying and I believe he has some kind of audience.

Some of you guys are just such pathetic losers

The amount of energy you put into hating on people

All while you probably have nothing going for yourself and get no pussy

Check urselves

standup is a pre scripted act, right? Put schaub in a podcast with people he knows well and he is, to many people, spontaneously funny. He has gotten funnier since the early days of tfatk. He and theo von play off each other really well.
I haven't seen his standup but yeah he's pretty funny on podcast

Rogan is as well

Spontaneous humor is always the best, the canned shit doesn't hit the same unless you're chapelle imo

My two favourite comedians are Stewart Lee and Brendan Schaub. Their timing, audience control, subtlety, insight, observation, and craftsmanship are very similar.

Although Stewart Lee goes on for too long about things sometimes...

Some of you guys are just such pathetic losers

The amount of energy you put into hating on people

All while you probably have nothing going for yourself and get no pussy

Check urselves

Chill Brendan.

most comedy is corny and cringe, they still fill whole arenas with paying customers

So I was walking into a store and BOOOOM this big dik mofo walks in... I'm just like woww this dudes huge!

-Schaub

(About 85% percent of his comedy routine)

If you can listen to his comedy for more then a few mins then hats off to you! That crap is horrible.

Dude is REALLY not funny

He isn't funny. And you can tell he has no talent for pacing/timing anything he says. Especially on podcast.

I cant believe that the "comedy connoisseur" who reviewed schaub`s comedy special went so far to research how the asian ufc doctor really acts like. Schaub fucked his girlfriend probably.

Most of the famous comedians you know went 10 years or more before doing a 1-hour special. Louis CK started in '85 and did his first special in 2001. Dave Chappelle started in '91 and did his first special in 2000. Bill Burr started in 1992 and did his first special in 2003. If even comic geniuses like that don't do a special within their first few years, what chance did Brendan Schaub have?

Schaub was fortunate enough to pal around with Rogan and Callen, and because of the success of his podcast he had a built-in audience that was there to see him and wanted him to succeed. He didn't have to spend years honing his craft in front of hostile crowds like the best did.

I'm more mad at guys like Rogan and Callen who no doubt encouraged him to do this, even though they know the business and know he wasn't ready. He's to comedy what CM Punk is to MMA - just fast tracked into a position he had no business being in.

I actually watch their podcasts, especially rogan's, fight companion and sometimes fighter and the kid. The reason I have no sympathy for all the hate schaub is getting now, he literally acts like he is now a legit and successful comic. Every chance he got he would be talking about how he has a special coming out and it took so much hard work. He even rubs it in callen's face all the time, kind of jokingly but not really.

Look I get it, he's playing the game and if people are willing to pay for that thing he calls comedy who are we to judge. But there's a reason even high level comedians take that long to create their first legit 1 hour. The reasons are along the lines of: standards, self awareness, integrity. They don't feel comfortable putting out a shit product.

Meh, dude has done standup for like 3 years or something. Most comics say you need 10 years in the game before things start turning over for them. I don't blame him for sucking. If he still sucks in 10 years I'll change my tune. Plus, he's also Sherdogs #1 Hate Subject for some reason..

Was it anything like the situation at that comedy central roast?

I also don't get that Schuab is green at comedy so he's not going to be that good. Rogan has been doing it for 30 years and he's terrible imo. It wouldn't matter if Schuab started when he was 5 and lived to be 300, he doesn't have it. Comedy isn't something you just completely learn how to do like other life skills. It does take practice but it's one of the things you're either born with or you're not. There are clips of Bill Hicks when he's 16 doing stand-up and he's cracking the room up. Nothing about Schuab's personality would leave you to conclude that this dude is funny. He got caught up in hanging around the comedy crowd and those people more than likely were giving him false confidence that he could do it.

I'd bet any money that a shitload of those hollywood comics talk smack behind his back and how he's undeserving. I don't find any of the Rogan crew funny. I don't consider Burr a part of it and Joey Diaz and Bobby Lee are kinda funny in a conversational way. I will never find Rogan or Bert entertaining. Schuab is so cringeworthy that in a way it's what is making me laugh by default, to be so bad it's comical.

looks like my non specific truth telling hit a nerve with you
Absolutely shit posters like yourself that add nothing of value irk the shit out of me. Throw in triggered and cuck and you’ve hit the fucktard trifecta. Now fuck off and stop embarrassing yourself.

Back