Schaubs comedy is so corny and cringe it's unreal people watch that

I myself think he has a sense of humor and honesty that is worthwhile, but not necessarily for being a comedian. Comedy requires high level skills which he and Rogan IMO, don’t have.
the "rogan is a horrible comic meme" got played out when triggered came out. That is a legitimately solid stand up special.

If he actually did self deprecating humor of how unfunny he is, that could actually be funny. If I ever were a comedian I would never claim how funny I was. I'd claim I'm not that funny if funny at all, that I suck. That I'm the carrot top of comedians. Well maybe not that bad but still,

schaub has been doing stand up since 2015, thats long enough to earn a degree. bjj black belts have been earned quicker than this
Comparing absolute tip of the iceberg learners of BJJ to an average at best comedian seems pretty unfair. Very few people ever reach black belt that fast, most it's a near 10 year jounrey. But yeah 4 years should probably give you some sort of proficiency. Probably too many people blowing smoke up his ass around him for him to improve.

I watched it just to see how bad it was and yeah, it was bad. Just a guy telling some obviously fabricated stories with no punch lines and his 'jokes' are about twenty years too late.

im not incorrect, you are

this is from early 2016 and they are talking about the shows they have already done at that point

http://bolderbeat.com/musicnews/thefighterandthekid

and if it takes you years and years to learn how to tell a joke then you are an unfunny cunt and should stick to interviewing conspiracy retards and taking steroids like joe rogan really ought to
Nope. You're still wrong. Did you even bother reading your own article? That's for their podcast tour. There's a big difference between going out & bullshitting for 90 minutes with a seasoned comic and going out and doing a pre-planned routine by yourself.

jesussss christ you hater guys get laid already. incel much?

jesussss christ you hater guys get laid already. incel much?
That was such a useless post I'm genuinely embarrassed for you.
giphy.gif

Most of the famous comedians you know went 10 years or more before doing a 1-hour special. Louis CK started in '85 and did his first special in 2001. Dave Chappelle started in '91 and did his first special in 2000. Bill Burr started in 1992 and did his first special in 2003. If even comic geniuses like that don't do a special within their first few years, what chance did Brendan Schaub have?

Schaub was fortunate enough to pal around with Rogan and Callen, and because of the success of his podcast he had a built-in audience that was there to see him and wanted him to succeed. He didn't have to spend years honing his craft in front of hostile crowds like the best did.

I'm more mad at guys like Rogan and Callen who no doubt encouraged him to do this, even though they know the business and know he wasn't ready. He's to comedy what CM Punk is to MMA - just fast tracked into a position he had no business being in.
It's strange for Rogan too because I don't listen to his podcast much, but almost every time I do he talks about how it took him years and years to hone his skill as a comedian

Sherdog members: Hate Brendan Schaub

Also Sherdog Members: They cant stop watching Brendan Schaubs comedy, or making threads about him.

Nope. You're still wrong. Did you even bother reading your own article? That's for their podcast tour. There's a big difference between going out & bullshitting for 90 minutes with a seasoned comic and going out and doing a pre-planned routine by yourself.

nah according to schaub the whole process was designed by callen to get schaub to do stand up before even realising he was doing it. the process was completely seemless where bryan stopped refering to what schaub was doing as "telling stories" and started calling it what it was - stand up

just wanted to point out that theres a big difference between going on stage high and doing a stream of consciousness to make people laugh, and going up and reciting a tightly honed and memorised routine that you spent ages developing, and both of those are different from going up and making a lot of funny faces and doing impersonations like jim carrey did, but guess what? just because they are different from each other doesn't stop any of them from being stand up comedy

thats about as much time as i have for this guff

nah according to schaub the whole process was designed by callen to get schaub to do stand up before even realising he was doing it. the process was completely seemless where bryan stopped refering to what schaub was doing as "telling stories" and started calling it what it was - stand up

just wanted to point out that theres a big difference between going on stage high and doing a stream of consciousness to make people laugh, and going up and reciting a tightly honed and memorised routine that you spent ages developing, and both of those are different from going up and making a lot of funny faces and doing impersonations like jim carrey did, but guess what? just because they are different from each other doesn't stop any of them from being stand up comedy

thats about as much time as i have for this guff
You obviously know next to nothing about stand up comedy lol I'm glad you finally came around to agreeing with me though. Shaub didn't start doing stand up in 2015, as you claimed and doing a live podcast is NOT the same as doing stand up comedy. That's like calling Kevin Smith a stand up for doing the Fatman Forever podcast. It's false.

The guy is very green as a stand up, as evidenced by his special. He's more bearable when he has other comedians around to play off of.

so he's not funny unless his friends are around?

Back