Schaub picks Conor by decision

Honestly it is a pretty safe pick, especially if youre picking Conor. The only way I see Conor winning this is by decision.

Especially seeing as Conor will (should) be looking to slow down the pace and pick his spots better. All of you already believe that McGregor cant KO Nate, so what other options are available? Submission win for Conor? lol.

If Conor wins, itll more than likely be by decision.

PS - I hate Schaub.

Schaub is says stupid shit alot of the time. But I must concur this time.

No actually it's not where do you get that from?

Really....?
Yes it is. With the right training VO2Max can increase quite quickly. In previous studies, subjects have increased their VO2Max by 11.2% after 6 weeks of training 4 sessions a week.

It is difficult when you get to the elite level (triathletes, cross-country skiiers, marathon runners).

I don't come on this forum to enlighten the unenlightened in regards to science. I enlighten you with my supreme MMA knowledge.

Below are just 2 examples of small amounts of aerobic exercise (MMA fighters would be doing a lot more) - if you can't search the articles yourself then I can't help you. If you don't have journal access then you obviously aren't smart enough LEL. I only selected two with small amounts of high-intensity exercise because obviously MMA fighters do a lot of other work in their week to supplement this. With extra work put in they would expect greater improvements.

• Effect of 3-week high-intensity interval training on VO2max, total haemoglobin mass, plasma and blood volume in well-trained athletes - +3.5% after a period of 3 weeks (only doing 11 HIIT sessions (4x4min bouts of exercise 90-95% VO2max)
  • Six weeks of aerobic training improves VO2max and MLSS but does not improve the time to fatigue at the MLSS. 11.2% increase in VO2max (4 x 40min exercise sessions per week for 6 weeks)
Science.

I think that fight was a weird one. Conor broke from his usual pattern of preparing for a hard weight cut, and instead ate a bunch of food, doubling up on meals, and fought at a weight he never felt before. Then he threw like 97 fastball left hands in 7 minutes.

I'm not saying Conor will ever pass or even catch up to Nate in cardio, he won't. But he probably won't gas like he did in the 1st fight, unless they have a real war and it goes to 4 or 5. Hard to say. I just don't expect this to look like the first fight cardio-wise.

That could be the case. He was also used to (almost) always finishing fights quickly.

Getting into a war of attrition with a Diaz bro is risky at best.

Yes it is. With the right training VO2Max can increase quite quickly. In previous studies, subjects have increased their VO2Max by 11.2% after 6 weeks of training 4 sessions a week.

It is difficult when you get to the elite level (triathletes, cross-country skiiers, marathon runners).

Science.
Bro science bro............ I like it :)

schaub-ko.gif
Schaub grasping at straws?

You guys are giving Schaub a hard time with his fight picks but he is right nearly 50% of the time.

Really....?

Compared to, say, becoming a world-class wrestler or grappler...yeah.

Normal people train for and run decent marathons in less than 5 months. It's not easy, but it can be done. There's a process. So on the list of things fighters can improve on in practical training, it's up there.

Leaning to box or BJJ at a level to succeed in the UFC takes time/is hard.

Why is it unlikely? Nate Diaz has only been finished once in his entire career by a huge headkick.

If Conor just simply out boxes him like he was in round 1 last time it could easily be 5 rounds of Diaz getting beaten down but not finished like against Bendo, RDA, Rory, etc.

Do you think him being KO'd by McGregor is more likely than him being able to survive until the end like he has countless times in other 5-round fights?
Pretty spot on. I've said it before, if Connor really is an elite fighter. He'll game plan and win a dec. you ain't finishing a Diaz (obvious hyperbole, I know both have been tko'd)

One of the dullest minds in the industry

Whenever I see a Schaub thread that involves a quote, I know with certainty that the quote will be nonsense and even Schaub himself won't have the slightest of clue on what he's talking about

Compared to, say, becoming a world-class wrestler or grappler...yeah.

Normal people train for and run decent marathons in less than 5 months. It's not easy, but it can be done. There's a process. So on the list of things fighters can improve on in practical training, it's up there.

Leaning to box or BJJ at a level to succeed in the UFC takes time/is hard.

I was assuming he was already at a high level. The dude is lean as hell and pretty damn fast.

If the he has been sitting on his ass and playing video games this whole time Diaz might be in trouble.

haha you know that sherdog is retarded when schaub looks like a genius compared to it.

Seriously what in the fuck? That has to be the absolute least likely outcome of this fight even if you are hoping Conor wins I doubt many people think it will be a 5 round decision win for him.

I think he was trying to make a clever pick thinking outside the box but cmon man, how does rogan let this guy say stuff like this without checking him on it like he does to other people

No, are you an idiot?

After the first fight it was very obvious he couldnt KO Nate, and that made it the most likely outcome, after possibly Nate by finish. I can link you my betting slip for this exact bet if you'd like.

Back