Schaub, idiot or genius?

Like most people do, he falls somewhere in the middle .

He did seize his moment.

Last edited:
Schaub is an enigma of all negativity and greed coming back for DW

Whether it's for the right or wrong reasons the guys had an impact on the sport. As far as what kind of an impact and if that makes him successful as a person is another topic

He's saying USADA is USADA but money still talks.

If that sounds like an idiot talking, you need to leave the farm.

I would say his IQ ranges somewhere in between. No knock on the guy, but IMO, he most likely has an IQ that puts him somewhere in the 50 percentile, leading me to believe that his IQ places him ever so slightly closer to idiot than he is to genius.

I really can't stand the guy, but I get the impression he is smart at business to some extent.
He done better than most retired fighters imho

He's trying to say that the UFC/USADA has been skewing the numbers by testing some athletes far more than others. He is suggesting that this is happening to protect athletes that the UFC likely knows are using something. This is why athletes they believe are clean are tested far more frequently than athletes they may have reason to believe are not clean, schaub is using jones as an example. Less risk in repeatedly testing a few athletes and saying "look we've performed X number of tests this year" when the reality is the majority of the tests were basically pointless.

One can be a bit of both. I have an A level and I have also fell down a manhole whilst trying to break a board.

Brendan "You ain't black?!?!" Schaub

Last edited:
I really can't stand the guy, but I get the impression he is smart at business to some extent.
He done better than most retired fighters imho
To be fair, in some countries you can be a complete *sshat and still get elected as president. Fame and intelligence don't always correlate.

I listen to Joe Rogan's podcast relatively frequently My favorite ones are typically when Schaub is on. I actually like him. I know, not a popular opinion.

He's trying to say that the UFC/USADA has been skewing the numbers by testing some athletes far more than others. He is suggesting that this is happening to protect athletes that the UFC likely knows are using something. This is why athletes they believe are clean are tested far more frequently than athletes they may have reason to believe are not clean, schaub is using jones as an example. Less risk in repeatedly testing a few athletes and saying "look we've performed X number of tests this year" when the reality is the majority of the tests were basically pointless.

I don't think people realize how easy it would be to cheat usada...injectable testosterone, can clear your system lightning fast...be gone in a day...some last for days and longer, while the ones with no ester, are in fast and out fast..they require daily injections...but all you have to do is postpone a test for a day or 2 and any trace of test, will be gone.

Back