Schaub- Holly Holm "One of the greatest if not the greatest female fighter of all time"

Ann Wolfe would literally decapitate these women.

Miesha Tate to Ann Wolfe. Fuck sake. Levels.

Boxing >
Ann Wolfe would get taken down by Esparza let alone Tate, striking fanboys are full of shit.

It doesn't but Tate also has more high ranked wins and was a 2-time champion in the top orgs for WMMA at the time, the main thing that makes people respect Holly more is that her style is more respected (ugh).

Idk that you can say that with certainty. To me they look pretty even in that respect.

Miesha defeated two champions (Marloes Coenen and Holly), and two former title challengers (McMann and Carmouche).

Holm defeated one champion (Rousey) and two former title challengers (Pennington and Correia). I would also add that Holm held her own with Cyborg and Schevchenko who skillwise I would rank above anybody Miesha has ever faced.

So it really comes down to how you see their fight. I think Miesha had the performance of a lifetime that night and good for her for her comeback was awesome, but I believe Holm would beat her maybe 8 out of 10 times judging by how the fight went. You are free to disagree ofc. I was actually a big Miesha Tate fan so I don't think I am biased against her or her style.

My point is as it stands right is very subjective. I think Holly is the better fighter but certainly you can make a case for one or the other.

Now, while Tate is retired Holly is an active fighter, and if she ever beats Nunes or Cyborg than she should be certainly be ranked above Miesha.

Last edited:
Idk that you can say that with certainty. To me they look pretty even in that respect.

Miesha defeated two champions (Marloes Coenen and Holly), and two former title challengers (McMann and Carmouche).

Holm defeated one champion (Rousey) and two former title challengers (Pennington and Correia).
Fair enough but one could also point out that Holm beat Pennington before she was ever considered a contender, and was in fact thought of as a can being fed to her by many with a barely winning record (then she went on a winning streak and became a contender, but it can be argued she improved rather than being a great win when Holly beat her).

Also Miesha has wins over Eye who was ranked #7 when they fought and Nakai who was top 10 on some worldwide lists, Kedzie and Akano who were decent names back in Strikeforce etc.

Fair enough but one could also point out that Holm beat Pennington before she was ever considered a contender, and was in fact thought of as a can being fed to her by many with a barely winning record (then she went on a winning streak and became a contender, but it can be argued she improved rather than being a great win when Holly beat her).

Also Miesha has wins over Eye who was ranked #7 when they fought and Nakai who was top 10 on some worldwide lists, Kedzie and Akano who were decent names back in Strikeforce etc.

One can point out many things. I can point out at the fact that Rousey and Pennington both beat Miesha decisevely but Holly beat them both.

Maybe Pennington was considered a can but we know in hindsight this wasn't the case. We also know (again, in hindsight) that both Jessica Eye and Rin Nakai were actual cans so beating them doesn't really move the needle in Miesha's favor afaic.

Feel like we can go back and forth on this. My point is they are pretty close so it comes down to how you see their fight and personal preference.

I don't really mind Schaub, he seems like a very nice guy, but him and Rogan are out of control with the constant hyperboles.

One can point out many things. I can point out at the fact that Rousey and Pennington both beat Miesha decisevely but Holly beat them both.

Maybe Pennington was considered a can but we know in hindsight this wasn't the case. We also know (again, in hindsight) that both Jessica Eye and Rin Nakai were actual cans so beating them doesn't really move the needle in Miesha's favor afaic.

Feel like we can go back and forth on this. My point is they are pretty close so it comes down to how you see their fight and personal preference.
Rin Nakai the loli warrior is no can! :mad:

Other than that fine but Miesha gets a LOT more disrespect for her style than Holm so she should have some rabid white knights for the sake of balance.

Grappling is real fighting, striking fanboys are shit (see post above from somebody saying boxing is levels above MMA).

Boxing world champion
Kickboxing world champion
MMA world champion

Yeah, she probably is

Rin Nakai the loli warrior is no can! :mad:

Other than that fine but Miesha gets a LOT more disrespect for her style than Holm so she should have some rabid white knights for the sake of balance.

Grappling is real fighting, striking fanboys are shit (see post above from somebody saying boxing is levels above MMA).

Sure but this has nothing to do with that on my side. I like powerful grappers and was a long time fan of Miesha's. Her title fight with Holly is prob my favorite female fights ever, a great sport moment.

Oh yeah forgot to mention, she is up there in terms of female Goatness in martial arts, i was more reacting to the "top 3 game against the cage, male or female". I don't wanna be the guy that bashes WMMA, i usually don't but the level of male fighters in general is just so much higher, just keeping it real.

idc, holly will always have a special place in my (and 90% of this sites) heart for what she did to ronda.

and idk, it's at least arguable that she's up there what with her boxing resume/career.

Do me a favour! You clearly have no idea who Wolfe is!

*goes and googles*
She is a big, "scary looking" woman with a highlight reel KO over some freakishly tall lady... and no background in grappling, who you are claiming would destroy one of the best WMMA wrestlers ever because she's on a higher "level." Yet Holm who was a boxing champion and cross trained for years still lost to Tate, and 3 other MMA fighters. Esparza might have been a bit of an exaggeration but heck, if Mousasi could take down Hunt, Randy could take down Tim, and Minowa could take down Sapp and Choi (all of whom cross trained), maybe Esparza would take down Wolfe.

Boxing fanboys are the worst, no other combat sport has fans that run around claiming their fighters would destroy those in another combat sport with no or little training in that sport.

You could make an argument for greatest. Destroyed Ronda in her prime. Never popped for roids, despite being the most tested fighter on the roster. All of her losses have been extremely close.

You could make an argument for greatest. Destroyed Ronda in her prime. Never popped for roids, despite being the most tested fighter on the roster. All of her losses have been extremely close.

49-46 against the much smaller Shevchenko.

Brendan Schaub yesterday on "Below the Belt"

Claims Holly Holm has a top 3 game against the cage male or female and is "One of the Greatest if not the greatest female fighter of all time."

Timestamped 43:50

Love her but nope.

Are we not already sufficiently well know by now tha Schaub is a godamn idiot?

She is a big, "scary looking" woman with a highlight reel KO over some freakishly tall lady... and no background in grappling, who you are claiming would destroy one of the best WMMA wrestlers ever because she's on a higher "level." Yet Holm who was a boxing champion and cross trained for years still lost to Tate, and 3 other MMA fighters. Esparza might have been a bit of an exaggeration but heck, if Mousasi could take down Hunt, Randy could take down Tim, and Minowa could take down Sapp and Choi (all of whom cross trained), maybe Esparza would take down Wolfe.

Boxing fanboys are the worst, no other combat sport has fans that run around claiming their fighters would destroy those in another combat sport with no or little training in that sport.

MMA fans are 10000000x worse than boxing fans! Wtf! Always calling boxing 'fake fighting'. ALWAYS.

You had a strong contingency that thought McGregor would beat Floyd LOL.

That is all.

One good win does not a great make.
The Rousey fight was great but other than that?

Top 3 cage clinch male and female!?
Is this guy smoking crack?
She’s strong and good at getting dominant postition but does fuck all while there. How does that equate to top 3 in all mma?

Records are not everything. It is not like she was dominated or anything. She'd beat Tate 9/10 times, GDR was a robbery, Schevchenko and Cyborg beat her but they are the best female fighters ever so no shame in losing a decisoion to either. Only person to go 5 rounds with Cyborg and have a competitive fight with her.
Nice list of excuses.
Gdr was not a robbery
She’s lost to miesha 100% of the time they’ve fought.
Shevchenko and cyborg beat her easily. Holly has a great career but when you only talk mma she has precisely one meaningful win in her whole career

Back