Schaub/Florian: Zuffa has given non-champs 7 figure bonuses

why do you hang out in the UFC section if you hate the majority of what they do?

wouldn't you rather go talk about something you actually like? Instead of just being a constant downer?

I support the fighters, not the org. UFC is the fighters, not the Zuffa brass who lie and mistreat fans and fighters. Evidently you see the UFC as Dana, LoFert, and a bunch of their employees.

I hate to say fighters union. But the fighters need some sort of pay structure thats more transparent. I cant imagine training for months. Show up ready to throw down and my opponent runs the entire fight. Now I dont get a bonus? I get 5000? I have to pay my trainers. Pay the taxes. Pay for my own health insurance. Buy food and make the rent until my next fight? Someone else gets a game opponent and gets a secret bonus? F that. And F Anik for defending it. It wasnt his place. He just sounded like a goof.

If a guy is running, he isn't fighting. Assuming you did enough to win, you just got 16k for your first ever UFC fight.

Say what you want about the base salaries that fighters get paid. If you think 8k/10k/12k isn't enough show money for an entry level contract, that's fine. Why wouldn't we support the fighters making more?

But the pay structure is fair. It's performance based. You win, you double your money. You win all of your fights, you get a bigger contract. You get bonuses for overachieving. You get bonuses for putting asses in seats. But you have to perform. I very much prefer this system to other sports where a prospect signs for millions in guaranteed money. You could be a top NFL draft pick, get paid millions, never play, or if you do, not play worth a shit, wash out, and even not do will in the CFL...but you are a millionaire based on little more than unfulfilled potential.

Back to your "running man" scenario. Those guys rarely win. They only win because they are still engaging enough to still do more than the other guy. There is a difference between "running" like Carlos Condit and running like Kalib Starnes. If you get a guy who runs, costing you any potential performance bonus, that does suck, but it's not bullshit if a guy in a good fight gets a FOTN bonus, or even a backroom bonus.

I support the fighters, not the org. UFC is the fighters, but the Zuffa brass who lie and mistreat fans and fighters. Evidently you see the UFC as Dana, LoFert, and a bunch of their employees.

Ya, exactly. It sucks loving the product and hating the brand. Personally, I miss more cards than I would if I liked the org... but, I STILL watch some of them - product is too good.

This is exactly right. Rather than build and/or use feeder leagues, they keep everything under the UFC name. Just being signed to the UFC doesn't automatically mean a fighter's made it to the big time. It's like being signed to the minors, and their future depends on their performance. One wouldn't think this would be hard for people to understand, but apparently it is.

As I mention to 'tombombadil'
I think some people come into anything Zuffa related with built in negativity due to Dana's personality.
But if they take a step back they will realize that outside of a few top prospects, most minor league players for The Yankees make shit.
I know guys on The Staten Island Yankees that have an off-season job & that is normal.
But you can't rationalize with someone that 'hates'.

Ya, exactly. It sucks loving the product and hating the brand. Personally, I miss more cards than I would if I liked the org... but, I STILL watch some of them - product is too good.

Yeah I know what you mean. I shop at Walmart sometimes because the have the best prices and stuff the other stores don't carry, but it's a sh*t company. Same with EA games, most of the big banks, etc. I'm tired of people saying "it's just business" when it wasn't always that way. We can protest with our dollars and choices, but too many are content to say love it or leave it. I'd rather fix it and love the shit out of it.

He's more negative than me, but I'm on his side. We're here because we love fighting, and the top guys are in the UFC. Doesn't mean we support the UFC. (I spoke for you, hope its ok)

That's all I see from him....negativity.

If you like the fighters, talk positively about the fighters and their fights. Why waste so much energy on shit you hate?

I support the fighters, not the org. UFC is the fighters, not the Zuffa brass who lie and mistreat fans and fighters. Evidently you see the UFC as Dana, LoFert, and a bunch of their employees.

I never said anything of the sort. If you like the fighters, then talk about them instead of just spewing hate all the time.

Yeah I know what you mean. I shop at Walmart sometimes because the have the best prices and stuff the other stores don't carry, but it's a sh*t company. Same with EA games, most of the big banks, etc. I'm tired of people saying "it's just business" when it wasn't always that way. We can protest with our dollars and choices, but too many are content to say love it or leave it. I'd rather fix it and love the shit out of it.

Wouldn't we all.

But how is bitching on a forum gonna fix anything?

Of course
They are not giving over a million to Mighty Mouse opponents, but I thought it was worth sharing.

It SHOULD happen, IMO. Some of these guys could use a little extra cash, but guys like Rory, Robbie, Hendo, Shogun, Hunto, Bigfoot etc...after those wars, they deserve a nice bonus.

I dislike them, too - but, in corporate terms, they are 'right' because they are winning (making money). They still come off as complete assholes though.

If that's your logic...bank robbers are right too (making money) and are assholes...

There is a partial transcript of it on bloody elbow and I find that reading that is a little better than this. It's always better to read what people say instead of an interpretation of what is said

Wouldn't we all.

But how is bitching on a forum gonna fix anything?

Apparently you wouldn't. You're happy with the status quo because it's not "your problem". That's why America is so messed up, because people like you just close your eyes and ignore the problems.

Internet activism has played a big part in the growth and shaping of MMA. You even heard it from the UG mods, Dana contacts them on a regular basis. You're probably a paid Zuffa poster yet you deny posting on forums has an effect on what they do? Come on, son.

That's all I see from him....negativity.

If you like the fighters, talk positively about the fighters and their fights. Why waste so much energy on shit you hate?

I never said anything of the sort. If you like the fighters, then talk about them instead of just spewing hate all the time.

Cause all I see from people like you is shilling and defending bad business as "just business". I hope the next time you get gouged on insurance premiums or at the doctor's office or at the mechanic, you just chalk it up to "business as usual" and then just take it up the butt. But I know you won't, you just like to tell others to suck it up.

I know people hate when I post this but this is the closest anyone can get to the number. This was based off the SP filing. It is not accurate as only the zuffa accountants truly know but what's funny to me is how quickly most of you including the TS will either dismiss or not read this

Aims

After interviewing John Cholish I found myself wondering exactly how much of the UFC

I suspect that Schaub is talking about his experience with Shane Carwin.

I believe Carwin didn't had the contract with pay per view cut in it for his Lesnar match so he got the $40,000 + a bonus of 7 figures.

I remember Schaub on a podcast telling that him and Carwin where sad in the locker room and Dana gave Shane a huge check.

Carwin had fought with Mir before that for interim title so who knows exactly if he had pay par view clause but I suspect they don't give those out so easy.

So Shane Carwin (UFC 116) got:

- reported 40k base purse

- 1 mil check bonus (maybe more.. but knowing Dana and co.. I think that's there limit)

- the sponsors money for a interim champ headlining main card of a PPV fight vs Brock Lesnar lets say what ? 150k-250k max
(remember Schaub managed to get 100k for main card fights and I suspect there running in the same circles so Shane having access to good management/PR etc pulling those numbers can be done for a HW)

Shane Carwin UFC 116 pay around 1.3 Mil.

If he had a PPV contract then you add more mil and if Dana and Co were generous maybe that bonus can be 1.5 mil ? but again its Dana.

Of course we don't know anything 100% cause we didn't see there finances with our own eyes.

From Meltzers Newsletter:
There was an interesting conversation with Kenny Florian, Jon Anik and Brendan Schaub about UFC fighter pay on the podcast that Florian and Anik do. Florian brought up that nobody knows how much fighters get paid because of bonuses. The subject of Rory MacDonald came up and his listed pay was $59,000 for that war with Robbie Lawler. Florian, who is friends with MacDonald, said that he guaranteed MacDonald was happy with what he earned, and Anik said there was a good chance MacDonald got a $500,000 bonus. Anik said he believes more than 25% of total revenue goes to fighters, and he thought maybe it

none of these %'s mean anything unless we know if people are talking about revenue or profit. 30% of revenue and 7% of profit could very well be the same number.

These numbers also vary greatly from ppv to ppv....a 2 title fight ppv is potentially giving 4 fighters ppv points. that's a much large bill for the UFC than if there is only 1 title fight.

Basically all conversations about this are pointless because everyone is just guessing.

No. No they couldn't. It is mathematically impossible for 30% of the revenue to also be 7% of the profit.

No. No they couldn't. It is mathematically impossible for 30% of the revenue to also be 7% of the profit.

buts its not impossible for 7% of the revenue to be 30% of the profit.

Back