Schaub/Florian: Zuffa has given non-champs 7 figure bonuses

I'm sure it's very rare. I'm guessing most bonuses would be 4 or 5 figures, with a few stand out fights/fighters falling into the 6 figure range.

Of course, nobody is saying they do it on a 200k PPV
2/3 were saying the figures are higher than most think
The other basically agreed & then wasn't calculating

'Zuffa Is Da Devil' types on here, have no clue that saying "fighter pay is better than a lot want to believe" is not the same as "FIGHTER PAY IS GREAT".

But some need to live up to the SherTARD nickname

Look at a few already in this thread :)

So now a guy that blast UFC ever chance he gets & is a hero around here (Schaub) is lying because admitted something positive towards Zuffa?

Ah, Sherdog at its best lol

^ This . I given up trying to have an intelligent discussion here.

^ This . I given up trying to have an intelligent discussion here.

Don't do that
Just put the obvious dolts on ignore
There are a decent amount of intelligent posters on here if you weed out the crap :D

the occasional bonus to a non-title fighter who is surely on a ppv or otherwise doing something in the limelight isn't of interest to guys who are making 2500 on sponsorship.

This right here. They've given out a very few big bonuses and the shills say its proof of the UFC's generosity, while other fighters say they are hurting and have to work second jobs.

Homie, you have no idea what you are talking about. Profit is always smaller than revenue. So how is 7% profit larger than 30% revenue? Ever? Ever? If profit was 100% revenue than 7% is always smaller than 30%. You cannot have larger profit than revenue.

That's not what I said. But you can have % of profit > % of revenue, it just depends on the % and if the person is talking profit or revenue

My point was that the percentages are bullshit because we don't know what they're talking about.

But since you think it can't happen.....here is an example for you.

If person A says 7% of revenue goes to fighters.

Revenue = 12,000,000

7% of revenue = 840,000

If person B says 30% of profit goes to fighters

Profit = 6,000,000

30% of profit = 1,800,000

So 30% of profit > 7% of revenue with these made up numbers.

The % matters as do what they're actually talking about.

If your in the UFC your either getting paid a A LOT, or not nearly enough

If your in the UFC your either getting paid a A LOT, or not nearly enough

Very fair

IMO, the top guys do very well & the curtain-jerkers (bottom 300 fighters) are getting paid to basically prove themselves
I think the issue is the middling guys that seem to be in the area of deserving more.
But that is like most businesses.
How many corporations screw middle management over?

That's not what I said. But you can have % of profit > % of revenue, it just depends on the % and if the person is talking profit or revenue

My point was that the percentages are bullshit because we don't know what they're talking about.

But since you think it can't happen.....here is an example for you.

If person A says 7% of revenue goes to fighters.

Revenue = 12,000,000

7% of revenue = 840,000

If person B says 30% of profit goes to fighters

Profit = 6,000,000

30% of profit = 1,800,000

So 30% of profit > 7% of revenue with these made up numbers.

The % matters as do what they're actually talking about.

#1. I think it is obvious they are referring to REVENUE
#2. You wrote
30% of revenue and 7% of profit could very well be the same number.
He was correct in what he said. You had the scenario reversed

:p

Homie, you have no idea what you are talking about. Profit is always smaller than revenue. So how is 7% profit larger than 30% revenue? Ever? Ever? If profit was 100% revenue than 7% is always smaller than 30%. You cannot have larger profit than revenue.

Wow. Just. Wow. Mind blown. You win biggest retard on sherdog today in the retard sack race. Homie.

Holy shit guys, this is easy as hell to decipher.

If Shaub says something negative about UFC, he is telling the truth.

If Shaub says something positive about UFC, he is obviously lying.

It's rather easy to tell of course.

#1. I think it is obvious they are referring to REVENUE
#2. You wrote

He was correct in what he said. You had the scenario reversed

:p

I made up a scenario....because my post said the % matters...as does what they're referring to.

I never said profit > revenue

I said % profit can be > than % revenue.....depending on the %

None of that was the point of my post though. My only point was that everyone is talking out of their ass and making up %.

No way they're giving million dollars or more to non champs. Schaub must be mixing up 7 and 6. Dat brain trauma.

Or it happened, as in once or twice. Pure speculation, but it feels like they would give a huge bonus to (nonchamps): McGregor, Sonnen (for taking a fight on short notice/saving a show/always speaking well of UFC, etc) Lesnar, etc. Any of the pets.

From the way its worded, it kind of sounds like Schaub knew it happened, rather than 'happens'.

I'm so anti-UFC I don't care what fighters say, they never get bonuses.

Wut? 7 figures? As in at least a million? To a non champion? Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on that one. 5-6 figures for a great fight I'd understand, 7 figures is pure bullshit.

Guys like Chael for example got paid, because they brought the people in. He never got a huge official pay but he definitely got paid handsomely. 7 figures is completely plausible in his case for the Silva hype and taking on Jones to save the card.

And yeah I have no problem believing Rory got 500k for that war.

I made up a scenario....because my post said the % matters...as does what they're referring to.

I never said profit > revenue

I said % profit can be > than % revenue.....depending on the %

None of that was the point of my post though. My only point was that everyone is talking out of their ass and making up %.

I get that, but the example you used made no sense & he caught that.

Also, of course it is total revenue ... never has anybody brought up profits. Nobody (including most insiders) know Zuffa's operation cost

This right here. They've given out a very few big bonuses and the shills say its proof of the UFC's generosity, while other fighters say they are hurting and have to work second jobs.

You are anti-UFC just to be Anti-UFC. You are worse than a fucking shill, you are garbage.

I get that, but the example you used made no sense & he caught that.

Also, of course it is total revenue ... never has anybody brought up profits. Nobody (including most insiders) know Zuffa's operation cost

And people know the total revenue?

You are anti-UFC just to be Anti-UFC. You are worse than a fucking shill, you are garbage.

Ugh, is that his response? lol

Not a single poster in this thread said that.

Back