Schaub: "(Carwin) is the hardest hitter of all time in the UFC"

Who is the hardest hitter in UFC history?

• Total voters
not really a series fan. I haven't watched something since like more than 10 years ago. although I did watched 2 seasons of dexter last year, but that's because I was stranded in another state for a wedding. made me miss ufc 194 and the wedding wasn't anything special, oh well

but I have these 2 series, finishing dexter and watching breaking bad in my plans
good choices. Dexter is excellent, probably my favorite series ever.

If you're talking about the hardest hitter - i.e. the person that delivers the hardest punches/kicks without considering their weight, then why are non-HWs in the list? Does anyone think Hendo punches harder than Roy Nelson? Iceman hits hard but nothing compared to HWs. Rumble probably has HW punching power but absolutely nothing compared to Hunt and Carwin.

I only see two options - Carwin and Hunt. No clue who hits harder.

Carwin KO's people with lazy arm punches. It's no contest really

That might as well be the case but as I've said before, once it goes beyond a certain threshold. It doesn't matter anymore who hits harder.

Yeah, definitely Carwin.

Hunt has power(duh) but he also benefits greatly from good striking skills. I think Carwin had more raw power.

Carwin had freaky power. Hunt is close, but he doesn't have that kind of raw power. His KO power comes from large bone density and technique. Obviously he has alot of power too, but I just think back to that Carwin - Gonzaga fight. He just literally launched his fist into Gonzaga and he was out cold. That's just freakish power right there. It also helps that his bones are thick too.

wait, are we factoring in the whole career of these guys, or what they've done in the UFC?

EDIT: nvm, i'm taking Hunt. Rumble will be a front-runner in this debate soon IMO

this is the longest I've been in a Schaub thread without seeing the invisible ladder gif.

kudos, sherdog.

JDS definitely NO, I'm tired of this JDS huge KO power myth. He hadn't knocked anyone out with just one punch like Carwin, Hunt and Nelson. Even Mir KO'd people with one punch, but not JDS.

He is fast and heavy handed, he has dropped plenty of dudes with one punch and finished them with strikes, not one punch KO. Maybe the Werdum KO comes close but that's because he was already leaning into the uppercut. The hardest hitter in UFC he is not.

Said this on the Fighter and the Kid. Shane was a damn hard hitter, a freak of nature.

My question is was he the hardest hitter in the UFC? I can't think of anyone else off the top of my head.
BeneficialQuestionableKestrel.gif

WaltSobchak, "Who the fuck cares what Schaub says?"

-- Kenny Florian

I think arlovski should get some love in this conversation too

**edit someone beat me to it**

Arwolfski cracked some granite chins when he blew his wad

Back