Schaub: "(Carwin) is the hardest hitter of all time in the UFC"

Who is the hardest hitter in UFC history?

• Total voters
Definitely in the mix. KOd people with little windup

It took Carwin like 3 dozen punches to make Mir forget how to count to 5, and it was a late as fuck stoppage. It took Hunt one. I'll go with Hunt.

Hunt also made Roy faceplant with one punch. Roy has taken headkicks from Overeem, knees from Mir and Werdum, and a fuckton of punishment from JDS without going out. Even though he got finished by Arlovski, AA threw everything he had at him. Arlovski has also cracked 3 legendary chins himself in Roy, Rothwell, and Cabbage Correiera, so that's nothing to be ashamed of
You do realize there is this thing called cumulative damage right? Once a fighter's chin has been checked, it gets easier, and easier to check it again.

Hunt was a K-1 champ (kinda telling there stud-muffin), but if you think that Carwin didn't weaken his chin you are crazy. Carwin is literally one punch from any victory. Take what you will from that, but take the fact that a part time fighter (he still held his day job during his MMA career) ended every victory he had in the first round, and I'd say he was legitimately one of the hardest punchers ever that was or will be. How good could he have been with that power, that wrestling and that chin?

It took Carwin like 3 dozen punches to make Mir forget how to count to 5, and it was a late as fuck stoppage.
I feel like mentioning the late stoppage part counters your own argument :p

You can also say Hunt beat an old Frank.

It took Carwin like 3 dozen punches to make Mir forget how to count to 5, and it was a late as fuck stoppage. It took Hunt one. I'll go with Hunt.

Hunt also made Roy faceplant with one punch. Roy has taken headkicks from Overeem, knees from Mir and Werdum, and a fuckton of punishment from JDS without going out. Even though he got finished by Arlovski, AA threw everything he had at him. Arlovski has also cracked 3 legendary chins himself in Roy, Rothwell, and Cabbage Correiera, so that's nothing to be ashamed of
Arlovski is the dictionary definition of Glass Cannon.

To be fair though Schaub forgets most of the times that he gets hit hard.

You do realize there is this thing called cumulative damage right? Once a fighter's chin has been checked, it gets easier, and easier to check it again.

Hunt was a K-1 champ (kinda telling there stud-muffin), but if you think that Carwin didn't weaken his chin you are crazy. Carwin is literally one punch from any victory. Take what you will from that, but take the fact that a part time fighter (he still held his day job during his MMA career) ended every victory he had in the first round, and I'd say he was legitimately one of the hardest punchers ever that was or will be. How good could he have been with that power, that wrestling and that chin?

So? It was such a drastic difference in the way both of them beat Mir that I still think it's fair to say that with cumulative damage included, Hunt hits harder than Carwin. And I only listed one example. Carwin's most notable KO victories aside from Mir are Christian Wellisch (who didn't even go completely out) and Gonzaga (who's always had a shaky chin and horrific stand up defense)

Mir himself also said Hunt hits harder than Carwin and it wasn't even close.

Stay mad

I feel like mentioning the late stoppage part counters your own argument :p

Nah, Mir usually stays awake when he loses. He only went out against Carwin because Miragliotta has no idea what the fuck he's doing. That wasn't the case against Hunt tho

Not to say Shane doesn't hit very hard, but keep in mind that Schaub has also stated that none of the guys that knocked him out actually hit that hard! LOL

Carwin put Mir nearly to sleep with an arm punch from the clinch. Mir was smart enough to not stand at punching range without going in to clinch or circling away.

Another thing to consider is that there is a difference between best KO artist and most powerful. Hunt came up in K1, landing the Huntbomb cleanly was a skill he has been perfecting for over 15 years. Guys like him, Arlovski and some others get KOs in large part due to timing and accuracy. Carwin was a wrestler and learned boxing on the fly. He got KO's from little more than raw power and fists the size of a minifridge.

In all likelyhood, Carwin did punch harder than Hunt....yet Hunt was still better at KO'ing top 10 opponents.

Tank has to be included in any hard hitting discussion, no matter what era he fought in. For pure one punch concussive ko power - he demolished the concrete headed Cabbage with one shot.

Carwin couldn't put Brock out with 200 shots...

Carwin put Mir nearly to sleep with an arm punch from the clinch. Mir was smart enough to not stand at punching range without going in to clinch or circling away

At punching range Mir was beating Carwin despite how short the fight lasted, actually. Carwin's striking was horrible.

Another thing to consider is that there is a difference between best KO artist and most powerful. Hunt came up in K1, landing the Huntbomb cleanly was a skill he has been perfecting for over 15 years. Guys like him, Arlovski and some others get KOs in large part due to timing and accuracy. Carwin was a wrestler and learned boxing on the fly.

Carwin's resume just isn't impressive enough for me to call him the hardest puncher ever, despite the fact that he got into MMA later than some. It gets way overblown here. He fought a sloppy fat brawler no one ever saw again in Neil Wain, Christian Weillisch, Gonzaga who has arguably the worst chin/durability in the HW division and Mir who is absolutely useless in the clinch and has always had defense issues. Even when you look at the manner in which they lost, those dudes would've gone out from a short 1-2 punch just the same if Hunt landed it.

He got KO's from little more than raw power and fists the size of a minifridge.

*double yellow cards intensify*

Also, if we're talking relative to a fighers weight class, Carwin certainly isn't the best and "not even close" like Schaub says.

Carwin put Mir nearly to sleep with an arm punch from the clinch. Mir was smart enough to not stand at punching range without going in to clinch or circling away.

Another thing to consider is that there is a difference between best KO artist and most powerful. Hunt came up in K1, landing the Huntbomb cleanly was a skill he has been perfecting for over 15 years. Guys like him, Arlovski and some others get KOs in large part due to timing and accuracy. Carwin was a wrestler and learned boxing on the fly. He got KO's from little more than raw power and fists the size of a minifridge.

In all likelyhood, Carwin did punch harder than Hunt....yet Hunt was still better at KO'ing top 10 opponents.
exactly. Carwin barely got his hips into an punch he threw at Mir. Hunt landed a perfect straight right. Of course that particular punch is going to be harder.

Back