1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Scary UPS Tracking Description!

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by cheesesteak, Aug 6, 2010.

1. cheesesteak Green Belt

I recently ordered some gear was excited to know my order was on it's way. But then I checked my tracking status and there was this message in the description:

• 08/05/2010 4:30 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    • 08/05/2010 5:20 A.M. OUT FOR DELIVERY
    • 08/05/2010 10:12 A.M. MERCHANDISE IS MISSING. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH ADDITIONAL DETAILS. / ALL MERCHANDISE MISSING, EMPTY CARTON WAS DISCARDED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE

WTF! How can it be out for delivery one moment and then missing the next?? Did the truck get hijacked or something? Maybe the driver got into an accident? All merchandise missing?? Empty carton discarded?? I have no idea because the descriptions aren't very detailed and it leaves a lot to the imagination.

I really don't want to go through the hassles and headaches of filing missing package claims again. I'm hoping for the best, but expecting the worst... :icon_cry2 Have any of you guys ever received a status update like this? How did it play out?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  2. Hindsights5150 Blue Belt

lol that's ridiculous. Empty carton discarded? so the package wasn't missing, it was opened and stuff taken out. Bizarre. Well if you didn't receive it, you didn't get what you paid for so you are owed a refund or a reship. Also credit card companies may do chargebacks for this sort of thing. I had FedEx damage a piece of studio equipment, when I had them come out to pick it up for inspection, they actually sent it back to the sender without my consent, so he had my money and the item, so I did a chargeback.

It may be better for you that you never got anything because if you accapted a pkg with stuff missing, it could be debated, but you got nothing so you technically are still waiting for your shipment and as far as you're concerned it hasn't been sent out yet.

3. mimo Brown Belt

Obviously the worked nicked it, happens loads over here as well.

4. Kinglee -_____-

i ordered stuff from mmawarehouse & that UPS thing drives me mad, twice it says attempted delivery, when in fact it has either been sent back to the states or gone missing...mind you i think its the shitty postal service we have in this country, which also happens to be shitty!

5. ASEGSEA Guest

That's really lame.

Take a screenshot of what you're seeing for accountability purposes. Keep that with you email receipt and MMAWarehouse should fully reimburse you for any missing stuff.

I like how some UPS troll raided your MMA gear and left the box.

6. ECS123 Purple Belt

No, personally, I have never seen tracking results like that with any of my orders. I would call UPS, and email MMA Warehouse. I am sure they will get it taken care of fairly quickly. Where do you live?

:icon_chee

7. Sloth Brown Belt

Same thing happened with something I ordered a couple of years ago from another country. USPS was the delivery service I think. My package was supposed to be delivered in a box, and I received one torn up side of the box with the address label on it that was stuffed by the mail guy into my mailbox. I went to the post office and they looked around, had me fill out a form and nothing ever happened. Sucked.

8. ECS123 Purple Belt

That does suck. UPS has a $100.00 included insurance on their basic ground rate shipping, though. Which will help, in this case.

:icon_chee

9. shera Brown Belt

I wouldn't be surprised if the UPS person stole it. I used to have gamefly membership and the postal service would routinely "lose" the games. No surprise on craigslist you'd find these $60 games being sold for $30 minus the game packaging.

10. ASEGSEA Guest

Hahaha. Not to laugh at your tale, but that's actually pretty humorous.

"My package was supposed to be delivered in a box, and I received one torn up side of the box with the address label on it that was stuffed by the mail guy into my mailbox."

That postman must have looked that ripped up side, said "Fuckit," and then stuffed it into your mailbox. And then walk off whistling.

Honestly, who would think the guy ordered the side of a box? You'd figure somebody would hav ebeen suspicious to see that floating around the packing center.

11. cheesesteak Green Belt

Speaking of careless mailmen, my postman stuffed my college diploma in my mailbox. The worst part was that the actual package was an over-sized envelope that had big bold text that read "DO NOT BEND." What does he do? He rolls it up and jams it into my mailbox.

This is why we can't have nice things.

12. Sloth Brown Belt

Lol, it was pretty ridiculous :) I couldn't believe that he would just take that busted scrap of cardboard and bother to stuff it into my tiny mailbox.

13. CQ White Belt

I recently ordered the Jaco Guardian shorts this past Saturday I think. I gotta email yesterday around 3 saying the package had been DELIVERED to FRONT DOOR. I haven't received anything not even a slip in the mail! Hoping they'll come in soon though..don't wanna have to track down what should already be at my door!

14. kristopherallen White Belt

It's actualy pretty common. I worked as a loader at ups for a while,
    and the boxes get torn open all the time. When shit comes down the
    chute without a box we just toss it in a big box of others that have
    met the same fate. Not quite sure after that, good luck buddy.

15. ASEGSEA Guest

I've ordered scores of crap online, and have never experienced an issue. I just got a heavy banana bag from Jersey and it made it just fine.

Free stuff?

16. bunzo7 Brown Belt

damn..thats a big WTF moment right there..

17. jasoncyclops** Red Belt

maybe someone took it?

18. CQ White Belt

that's the thing though. I was home at the time and day it was supposedly delivered. no ups ever came by so, just gonna try and track it down now.

19. kristopherallen White Belt

Nah I'm not a dick lol but like 75% of the people there would just put it in their bag

20. wrsmov White Belt

I guess Newman messed it up.